Game Discussion: Happy Wars (Xbox 360) Forum

Battle Master *Help Needed*

AuthorMessage
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 25 November 18 at 09:01, Edited on 25 November 18 at 09:05 by Mikhail Krauser
Alright guys, seems some people in the comments are up and down with unlocking this, but me and another guy have been unable to unlock it at all. I've done the research and spoken with staff of Happy Wars, and am still in talks with them, but im going to post the info they shared, as well as what i've done.

Any help is appreciated, and if you're also having problems please share below!

Weapon/Armor Specific Buffs:

Warrior - Shield Charge+ (Helms) - Used Multiple Times, Gotten Kills
Mage - Shapeshift+ (Helms) - Used many times to turn into rocks, the bush and a mushroom
Cleric - Aura+ (Weapons/Staff) - Used with teammates around, ensured xp showed up.
He mentioned hitting someone with Remote Bomb+, seemed to be confirmed that it isn't needed, but did it anyway, equipped to a Cleric and ability does not show up, it is indeed Engineer Only. Eitherway, spammed during a match as an Engineer and got a couple kills, still no dice.

Warrior:

A Skill:

Smash - Have knocked an enemy out of bounds resulting in a kill, also used it randomly. Gotten a direct kill.
Spinning Blade - Used it multiple times, have gotten a kill with it.
Charged Attack - Used it multiple times, have gotten a kill with it.
Rush - Used it multiple times, have gotten a kill with it. Got a map knockoff with it.

B Skill:

Stone Throw - Used multiple times in game and after victory, used it as an armor ability with Stone Throw+, gotten a kill with it. Regular kill with the move during play.
Roar - Used multiple times at random, as well as against an enemy.
Super Guard - Have used, and guarded against enemy blows... May not have been directly targeted.
Rocket Man - Used multiple times, gotten kills with it.

Y Skill (Team Skill):

Cheer - Used multiple times, used Cheer+ on armor as well.
Group Rush - Used several times, a kill was earned with it
Iron Phalanx - Used several times, a kill was earned while in that mode by swinging with X.

Mage:

A Skill:

Wind Enchant - Used on self, teammates, gotten a RT kill with, as well as melee kill.
Ice Enchant - Used on self, teammates, gotten a RT kill with, as well as melee kill.
Fire Enchant - Used on self, teammates, gotten a RT kill with, as well as melee kill.
Lightning Enchant - Used on self, teammates, gotten a RT kill with, as well as melee kill.

B Skill:

Wind Trap - Used multiple times, gotten a kill directly, as well as a map knockoff
Magic Napalm - Used multiple times, gotten a kill
Blizzard - Used multiple times, gotten a kill, used Blizzard+, gotten kill with buff
Lightning Strike - Used multiple times, gotten a kill

Y Skill (Team Skill):

Meteor Storm - Used a few times, gotten a kill
Tornado - Used a few times, gotten a kill
Lightning Arrows - Used many times, gotten kills

Cleric:

A Skill:

Heal - Healed others and myself frequently
Resurrect - Used several times on teammates
Sanctuary - Used several times, ensured some xp was produced in groups of teammates
Dispel - Used in groups of enemies multiple times, have disenchanted their elemental buffs, i've also made materials and dispelled them, unsure if I have dispelled an enemies Sacred Armor or if I have removed a debuff from a teammate (attempted on a teammate afflicted by Happy Miracle and it didn't work)

B Skill:

Summon Materials - Used mutliple times
Dash - Used multiple times on teammates and self
Sacred Armour - Used multiple times on teammates and self
Wall - Used multiple times, allowed enemy to hit it multiple times, no xp gain afaik

Y Skill (Team Skill):

Happy Miracle - Used a few times, ensured the enemy turnt to flowers and even melee'd one so they'd fall apart and got a kill
Transport - Used multiple times
Sacred Song - Used multiple times

There have been NO disconnects

Current Questions Unsure of, Variables, and Hypothesis':

Questions Asked to Support
- Does Dispel have to be used in a particular way? Does it have to remove an enemies pro buff such as sacred armor, or an ally's negative status ailment. Does Wide Dispel cause it not to function or track properly?
- Do any abilities track solely in Quick Match or Co-Op? Will they count across modes?
- Do using skills as the new classes (Berserker, Zephyr, Engineer) mess up the counters for the original classes?
- Do +Skill on armor count?
- In Co-Op do AI Teammates affect buffs or stats? Do they count as if they are players?
- Does the number of players (or do just AI teammates) affect Y Team Skills and their counters?
- Does the Purchase of 9 Skills in Quick Match alter counter progress?

Other Guesses
- Clear Cache and Try Again (Last Resort)
- Try completing all the moves on Berserker, Zephyr and Engineer assuming that if you started to play Post-Title Update they may have factored in.

Any information, stories on how you unlocked it etc is much appreciated. I've heard that sometimes the achievement unlocks but has a severe delay of several days. Here's hoping that's all it is, but im hoping to clarify if anything doesen't track properly or under very specific circumstances.

Disclaimer: All moves in the 3 Original Classes have been ticked off a list over and over and attempted at least 4 times in a full run-through. Estimated to be around 6-9 each now minimum but 4 have been tested with the newest information.
Im soo stealthy, I feel like my knife has a silencer...
TrapMuzik99
TrapMuzik99
Posted on 25 November 18 at 16:38
Well I don't know if this help but I was reading the guide since I am going through it now and it says

Note: Make sure you host the Team Skill (Y) and you are the one getting the kills.

Not really sure what "getting the kills" means, does it mean you have to get kills with the Y skill? What about cheer then? Same with transport lol
1st person in the world to unlock every single Grand Theft Auto achievement in existence! (8250/8250 Gamerscore)
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 25 November 18 at 16:53
As long as you get xp with non offensive skills should be fine.

I can confirm that at the top left as host of the skill I've gotten kills with lightning arrows, meteor, tornado, team rush, etc
TrapMuzik99
TrapMuzik99
Posted on 25 November 18 at 18:30
Ok, yeah I am pretty sure that you do not need to get kills with any of them. I am working through it right now, but if you have worked through the list 6 - 9 times?!! (Can't imagine, some of these skills are hard to get) than you are probably using one of the skills wrong, more than likely Super Guard? Have you held B? (Read that somewhere)
1st person in the world to unlock every single Grand Theft Auto achievement in existence! (8250/8250 Gamerscore)
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 25 November 18 at 18:43
I tried that. My current guesses is either super guard you directly need to be targeted by an enemy. I've ran into groups with it.

That or Dispel isnt tracking right. I used it on my own mats that I placed which apparently works but you might have to dispel sacred armor off an enemy or something.

I'm gonna restart the list and check off anytime I do anything and get a kiln or xp. I'm gonna retry a few in depth.

The only thing I can think of is I used some new classes before the originals just to work on side stuff and may have used abilities on them that messed the achievement trackers up behind the scenes. Why I'm communicating with the devs nit rhe guy i work with has to translate to Japanese, send to them and send it back. Hes been super awesome and helpful and genuinely seems to care and want to help out. Honestly 10/10 customer service and devotion which is incredible.

He mentioned using remote bomb too which I did but I dont think is necessary. Spammed it and gotten kills and nada.
TrapMuzik99
TrapMuzik99
Posted on 25 November 18 at 19:05
Could be yeah. But I would be hard pressed if people didn't work on other classes or use other classes before they got the achievement though haha. I think most people would be running into problems then, it seems like MOST people are able to get the achievement without any problems. Glad to hear that customer service has been decent.

I wish you luck man.
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 25 November 18 at 23:32
Thabk you. Yeah so far it's just me and one other guy struggling. Others report they try things over and over and it eventually pops but ehhhhh. I'll update if anything comes out. Just asking cause it's odd me and shadow both are having the issue when I'm guiding or coming up with all these extra guesses. If it was just me I'd say rare occurrence or user error but were both just hammering it. Hoping maybe others who have struggled show up and share an angle we missed
SmokeScreen76
SmokeScreen76
Posted on 26 November 18 at 07:17, Edited on 26 November 18 at 08:34 by SmokeScreen76
You've maybe confirmed this but I thought I'd mention it anyway: have you actually had Shield Charge work or were you just blocking? I remember reading that the animation of it working is a little different than just pressing B, and when I was working on mine I did see it. Almost like a stun or a pushback.
You get people to buy your DLC by making it attractive, not by screwing them out of their current activities -- PuckJunkie
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 26 November 18 at 08:34
I know I block and there's a white wall or whatever, but I dunno about a stun or pushback. Ill reverify. Thank you.
SmokeScreen76
SmokeScreen76
Posted on 26 November 18 at 08:39
Yeah, sorry. Just updated my post. Was actually refering to Shield Charge. I don't think you have to get the kill, just be sure that the opponent reacts accordingly.
You get people to buy your DLC by making it attractive, not by screwing them out of their current activities -- PuckJunkie
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 26 November 18 at 09:05
Tried it, saw the bounceback in Co-OP and still nothing but I think that's a new one, I held RT and B to make it happen. Might help others.
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 26 November 18 at 09:13
Ohhhhhh yeah i've done that one for sure.
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 26 November 18 at 09:18
At this point my only guess is I have to either clear cache and try all of it again,
Some random variable like play all levels or do certain missions (Highly unlikely but eh)
Or god knows what. Im hoping the devs can see hidden trackers on their end by gamertag and just tell me whats wrong
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 28 November 18 at 08:41
Finally dispelled a helmetted enemy.

As far as Warrior im 100% sure everythings done (Got my 1000 kills today)
Mage im guessing Tornado or Meteor hasen't tracked properly, or that Shapeshift needs the Hawk helmet and not the book or dead cat i've been using
Healer should be done too but ill reconfirm
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 28 November 18 at 08:42
As far as Shield Rush, I spammed it for about 10 matches straight and got several kills. Did all levels of charge multiple times. Etc.

No word from devs yet
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 30 November 18 at 11:22
Welp add another player to the list. So far gamertags affected are:

Mikhail Krauser
Shadow Tobuscus
Ethstraad

I've done every variation that I could think of, redid everything in Quick Matches naturally and bought, co-op, tried holding buttoms and tapping them, every tier of chargables. Spammed them, gotten kills, gotten map knock offs. The only hypothesis now is:

The games tracking is FUBAR and either
A - I've done it all and the achievement is broken from either how I did it, or from a past update or whatever.
B - Meteor, Tornado, Super Guard, Shapeshift, Aura, Sanctuary, etc. haven't tracked right and are sitting at 0 still on their end even though ive used these multiple times. If the above is true but its a different skill that'll be crap cause i've used everything.

I've cleared cache and no updates came through, redid everything and nothing happened.

I've got no idea whats going on. The only variable is I played as new classes before doing Battle Master and I think I used a skill that broke the counter from the original classes.
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 01 December 18 at 10:01
Last ditch effort. Going to try another xbox and if that doesent qork, going to try deleting and reinstalling the game from my history.

That being said confirming that shadow and ethstraad unlocked this in the xbox one variant of the game, I havent attempted yet. So something's fishy.
ScooterRealm
ScooterRealm
Posted on 01 December 18 at 22:07
Not sure if this will help, but since I got this recently I'll document what I did and see if any not obvious criteria happen to pop up.

General Notes:
-I initiated and used all team skills myself, as well as joined in to launch someone else's for each team skill.
-I have exclusively played the co-op normal mode in this game.
-The only + skills I have ever used before getting Battle Master are Aura+, Shield Charge+, Shapeshift+, and Remote Bomb+
-I did all skills with the original warrior, mage and cleric classes. Not the engineer, zephyr or berserker.
-I definitely did not get kills, or even hits, with every offensive based skills.
-All skills were used in matches that properly ended with no disconnects or quit outs.

Warrior (A)
Smash-Used and killed with impact damage and by sending off map.
Spinning Blade-Used and killed, made sure to hold A and spun the control stick for the powerful red spin.
Charged Attack-Used and killed. Made sure to use it at it's maximum charge/power (the huge sky uppercut move)
Rush-Used and killed with both impact and map knockout

Warrior (B)
Stone Throw-Used on the back of an enemy for a knockout stun.
Roar-Used by enemies to stun
Super Guard-Blocked melee enemies and mages shooting at me
Rocket Man-Used and killed.
Shield Charge+- This was my last one for a brain fart reason. I thought this made your shield smash (A skill) buffed up before I realized it was it's own B skill. Did not connect with any enemies when using it.

Warrior (Y)
Cheer-Used myself and joined others
Group Rush-Used myself and joined others. Honestly can't confirm if I ever got a kill or not.
Iron Phalanx-Used myself and joined others. Blocked attacks and got kills in both scenarios.

Mage (A)
Ice Enchant-Used on myself and team. Used RT mage ranged ice attack. No kills
Fire Enchant-Used on myself and team. Used RT mage ranged fire attack. Kills
Wind Enchant-Used on myself and team. Used RT mage ranged wind attack. No Kills
Lightning Enchant-Used on myself and team. Used RT mage ranged lightning attack. Kills

Mage (B)
Wind Trap-Used and had an enemy activate, but never got a kill.
Magic Napalm-Used and killed.
Blizzard-Used and frozen enemies. Can't confirm kills or not.
Lightning Strike-Used and killed.
Shapeshift+-Used, only ever turned into a rock and bush

Mage (Y)
Meteor Storm-Used myself and joined other. Never got kills on my own use, only when joining someone else's.
Tornado-Used myself and joined others. Got kills in both scenarios.
Lightning Arrows-Used myself and others. Got kills in both scenarios.

Cleric (A)
Heal-Used on myself and team.
Resurrect-Used on team.
Sanctuary-Used on myself team with heals registered.
Dispel-Used to erase my own enchantments from a mage. Used to dispel my team's enchantments. Used to erase an enemy's enchantment. Used to erase my own materials. Can't confirm if I ever erased enemy spawned materials.
Aura+-Used on myself and team with registered AP regen for both.

Cleric (B)
Summon Materials-Used.
Dash-Used on myself and team.
Sacred Armour- Used on myself and team.
Wall-Used.

Cleric (Y)
Happy Miracle-Used myself and joined others. Confirmed enemies turned to flowers with both scenarios.
Transport-Used myself and joined others. Successful teleport to a tower with both scenarios.
Sacred Song-Used myself and joined others.

I know you've been through the list a lot, but I would still suggest making a spreadsheet with each move used, connected with an enemy or not, initiated yourself, joined other's, used on ally, etc. and just start with any grey area or uncertainties. Checking each off as you go when you 100% no questions ask can guarantee the requirements for that skill have hit. This achievement is certainly more tasking than it appears.
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 02 December 18 at 05:22
Thank you so much, im going to restart the checklist but you did tell me something I didn't know which was that spinning blade can be rotated for a more powerful attack. So gonna test that for sure.

Ill update once i've tried it and will setup a spreadsheet exactly that way

Thank you
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 02 December 18 at 05:51
Spin didn't work but still appreciate it!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.