Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games with Gold Titles Revealed for December 2018

AuthorMessage
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 06 December 18 at 19:49
Elyoh said:
RadiantViper said:
{#}Free with payment{#} is an oxymoron designed by marketing departments. You can view it how you want, but I prefer to side with the reality presented by a simple fact: You cannot access Games with Gold without having Gold, a paid service.
Isn't that leaning towards the {#}Nothing is free{#} argument? Even if the games were free to everyone, someone would come along with that argument and state that because we had to buy the console, they're not really free. Hell, they could probably just quote you and edit the words {#}Gold{#} to {#}Xbox{#} most the time.
No, because again, Games with Gold is a direct benefit of Gold both offered by the same company. It's the same service, Games WITH Gold.
Dr Marty
Dr Marty
Posted on 06 December 18 at 19:57
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Dr Marty said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
I realise they exist but they are wrong. You can have a wrong opinion.
And they're wrong because they're not yours, correct?
Nope, because of facts. toast
Say hello to Kellyanne Conway for me, will you... dance
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 06 December 18 at 20:05
Dr Marty said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Dr Marty said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
I had to Google her...She seems lovely. [shifty eyes]
Dr Marty
Dr Marty
Posted on 06 December 18 at 20:16
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Dr Marty said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Dr Marty said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
My apologies. I didn't realize you're from England.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=UOAEulQ...
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 06 December 18 at 21:03, Edited on 06 December 18 at 21:04 by Elyoh
RadiantViper said:
Elyoh said:
RadiantViper said:
"Free with payment" is an oxymoron designed by marketing departments. You can view it how you want, but I prefer to side with the reality presented by a simple fact: You cannot access Games with Gold without having Gold, a paid service.
Isn't that leaning towards the "Nothing is free" argument? Even if the games were free to everyone, someone would come along with that argument and state that because we had to buy the console, they're not really free. Hell, they could probably just quote you and edit the words "Gold" to "Xbox" most the time.
No, because again, Games with Gold is a direct benefit of Gold both offered by the same company. It's the same service, Games WITH Gold.
To reiterate, if they changed it to "Games with Xbox" and offered it to everyone with an active account, would you consider it free then? Despite the fact that you would need to pay money, to the same company, to buy the Xbox in the first place?
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 06 December 18 at 21:15
Elyoh said:
RadiantViper said:
Elyoh said:
RadiantViper said:
{#}Free with payment{#} is an oxymoron designed by marketing departments. You can view it how you want, but I prefer to side with the reality presented by a simple fact: You cannot access Games with Gold without having Gold, a paid service.
Isn't that leaning towards the {#}Nothing is free{#} argument? Even if the games were free to everyone, someone would come along with that argument and state that because we had to buy the console, they're not really free. Hell, they could probably just quote you and edit the words {#}Gold{#} to {#}Xbox{#} most the time.
To reiterate, if they changed it to {#}Games with Xbox{#} and offered it to everyone with an active account, would you consider it free then? Despite the fact that you would need to pay money, to the same company, to buy the Xbox in the first place?
Not really comparable since Gold is a subscription service, not a one time purchase.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 06 December 18 at 21:21
Dr Marty said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Dr Marty said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Dr Marty said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
My apologies. I didn't realize you're from England.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=UOAEulQ...
No worries. The stories are familiar but I haven’t paid to much attention to US politics as ours is messed up enough for me. My wife is a Filipina and that’s also crazy. Maybe politics is just crazy. laugh
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 06 December 18 at 23:00
RadiantViper said:
Not really comparable since Gold is a subscription service, not a one time purchase.
If I one time purchase Gold I can keep the 360 games I redeem forever.
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 06 December 18 at 23:22
Elyoh said:
RadiantViper said:
If I one time purchase Gold I can keep the 360 games I redeem forever.
Yes, but you know right now that you're getting the games as part of your purchase. Your theoretical situation involves people with active accounts, ie. people who paid for an Xbox without expecting the theoretical free games.

Also I think you can just make an Xbox account online and buy things without an Xbox so your example wouldn't work if that was the case since there would be no purchase required. Not sure though.

I already said that people who had paid for Gold when GwG was added could say it was free for them. But with GwG over 5 years old now, that time has passed.
MetalGearMark
MetalGearMark
Posted on 07 December 18 at 01:03
Every. Heckin'. Month.

This thread is pretty much one page of "OG Xbox games shouldn't count" and a 9 page tug-o-war on whether or not the games are 'free'.

For the most part, people came in search of opinions and recommendations on the actual games (other than "it has no achievements and therefore automatically sucks willies").

You guys clearly aren't going change anyone's mind, agree with one another or even accept that people have (no matter how idiotic) opinions that differ to your own.

So please, take it to DM's and remember - 'Never argue with an idiot. They will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 07 December 18 at 02:41
MetalGearMark said:
So please, take it to DM's and remember - 'Never argue with an idiot. They will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'
But that ignores the situation in which we're all idiots with nothing better to do laugh
Algur
Algur
Posted on 07 December 18 at 03:04
MetalGearMark said:
Every. Heckin'. Month.

This thread is pretty much one page of {#}OG Xbox games shouldn't count{#} and a 9 page tug-o-war on whether or not the games are 'free'.

For the most part, people came in search of opinions and recommendations on the actual games (other than {#}it has no achievements and therefore automatically sucks willies{#}).

You guys clearly aren't going change anyone's mind, agree with one another or even accept that people have (no matter how idiotic) opinions that differ to your own.

Seems accurate when valuation methodologies go over someone's head.
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 07 December 18 at 03:20
Seems accurate when people think something they paid for is free compute
DrunkLastKnight
Posted on 07 December 18 at 15:24
But not all of us pay for gold either if you want to go with that argument

I can just take the 5 to 15 mins it takes to search daily and get a year of gold with reward points.

Heck I've had game pass over a year now and have not paid money for it
Dr Marty
Dr Marty
Posted on 07 December 18 at 15:31, Edited on 07 December 18 at 15:32 by Dr Marty
DrunkLastKnight said:

I can just take the 5 to 15 mins it takes to search daily and get a year of gold with reward points.

He's gonna say "time is money" or something like "you have been brainwashed. You're watching all their ads". You can't win with him.

Phew... also I was afraid this highly interesting thread died down... we need to keep this alive.
Things are free! ... Nothing is ever free! .... DISCUSS!
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 07 December 18 at 15:33
Dr Marty said:
DrunkLastKnight said:

He's gonna say "time is money" or something like "you have been brainwashed. You're watching all their ads". You can't win with him.
Didn't you pay with reward points? That is the currency.
Living Legends
Posted on 07 December 18 at 15:42
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Dr Marty said:
DrunkLastKnight said:

its basically free since I am using their features and some internet every day to get some points. 3 years of live a year and the games are part of the benefits.

I pay for pro strictly for ads. Everything else is a plus but not free, just part of the subscription benefits
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 07 December 18 at 15:45
Living Legends said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Dr Marty said:
DrunkLastKnight said:

its basically free since I am using their features and some internet every day to get some points. 3 years of live a year and the games are part of the benefits.

I pay for pro strictly for ads. Everything else is a plus but not free, just part of the subscription benefits
I understand why you feel that way.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 07 December 18 at 18:10, Edited on 07 December 18 at 18:11 by Shinnizle
Elyoh said:
Have you not seen the new guidelines? We're no longer meant to beat a dead horse, but instead feed a fed horse.
I just saw the PETA post today, so sorry this went over my head for a while laugh
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 07 December 18 at 19:03
Shinnizle said:
Elyoh said:
Have you not seen the new guidelines? We're no longer meant to beat a dead horse, but instead feed a fed horse.
I just saw the PETA post today, so sorry this went over my head for a while laugh
Your life was better before you saw them laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.