Game Discussion: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Forum

Game Play

AuthorMessage
sbmarsh
sbmarsh
Posted on 28 November 18 at 19:17
I have all the Assassins Creed games in my collection(not played them all yet though) and ive noticed that the game play in Odyssey is completely different to the rest.

Is origins the same? And if so does it give you little tutorials like the rest did?

I wanted to play Odyssey first but I have a feeling I might have to play Origins first.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 28 November 18 at 19:39, Edited on 28 November 18 at 19:45 by HolyHalfDead
I wouldn't say Odyssey is completly different. It most closely resembles a combination of Brotherhood and Black Flag. I would say Assassins Creed 2 is the game most different from all the others as it is very linear (which also makes it the majorities favourite of the series - 254,196 TA gamers have played it of which 69,930 have completed it, and a TA ratio of just 1.2).

There are no real spoliers in Odyssey that mean you can't play it first. Just remember when you go back to play Assassins Creed 1 that the game was developed over 10 years ago and the others have built upon it.

All the games are designed for first time players, and will teach you how to play.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 28 November 18 at 23:18
sbmarsh said:
I have all the Assassins Creed games in my collection(not played them all yet though) and ive noticed that the game play in Odyssey is completely different to the rest.

Is origins the same? And if so does it give you little tutorials like the rest did?

I wanted to play Odyssey first but I have a feeling I might have to play Origins first.
In terms of gameplay, Origins is a major shift from all the previous titles. It's more like a standard action RPG, there are still stealth mechanics but also more straightforward combat and loot drops.

Haven't played Odyssey yet but I've heard it continues this trend. AC1 to Syndicate have roughly the same gameplay style (with lots little enhancements and upgrades of course).
Apostle92627
Apostle92627
Posted on 29 November 18 at 20:19
I've played every Assassin's Creed game available on consoles. Origins was a major change from the gameplay and fighting in previous games, and Odyssey closely resembles Origins.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.