Community Events Forum

Forum for the Twelve Days of Christmas 2018 Contest

12 Days of Christmas 2 Discussion

AuthorMessage
Mr Jay En Ess
Mr Jay En Ess
Posted on 06 December 18 at 18:59
If anyone has bioshock 2 and never played the multiplayer we can unlock these easily with a group of 4-6 players

Unnatural Selection
Welcome to rapture
Proving grounds

(sorry, I don't know to link these) I have only seen 1 other player looking for a game currently
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 06 December 18 at 19:38
Mr Jay En Ess said:
If anyone has bioshock 2 and never played the multiplayer we can unlock these easily with a group of 4-6 players

Unnatural Selection
Welcome to rapture
Proving grounds

(sorry, I don't know to link these) I have only seen 1 other player looking for a game currently
If you copy and paste the URL from the achievement page, it create the fancy link for you. Same with game pages, solutions, sessions etc. Hope that helps.
Mr Jay En Ess
Mr Jay En Ess
Posted on 06 December 18 at 20:01
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Mr Jay En Ess said:

Unnatural Selection
Welcome to rapture
Proving grounds

If you copy and paste the URL from the achievement page, it create the fancy link for you. Same with game pages, solutions, sessions etc. Hope that helps.
Thank you.
TheQueen1112
Posted on 06 December 18 at 20:56
Someone posted a link for a place you can add the games you own, but haven't earned an achievement in, to determine all of your available options for achievements that qualify for a challenge. My options are quite limited for Day 4 and I would like to see what will qualify from the other games that I own. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
MakeMeACoffee
MakeMeACoffee
Posted on 06 December 18 at 21:00
TheQueen1112 said:
Someone posted a link for a place you can add the games you own, but haven't earned an achievement in, to determine all of your available options for achievements that qualify for a challenge. My options are quite limited for Day 4 and I would like to see what will qualify from the other games that I own. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Go to any game and add it to your "game collection" then on any achievement filter/list you can select "include game collection"
TheQueen1112
Posted on 06 December 18 at 21:02
MakeMeACoffee said:
TheQueen1112 said:
Go to any game and add it to your {#}game collection{#} then on any achievement filter/list you can select {#}include game collection{#}
Thank you!!
minun73
minun73
Posted on 06 December 18 at 23:35
Potentially dumb question but I was going to start working on these tonight (been busy with schoolwork). Do I have to wait for challenge one to be scanned before I go to the next challenge or can I finish the first one and start the second relying on time stamps to show that I finished challenge one first?
GordonDogKing
GordonDogKing
Posted on 07 December 18 at 00:30
It seems I recall in last year's challenge, "tagged online achievements" included those that were tagged both online and offline, such as those in Borderlands 2 & Pre-sequel. Now it appears that only those that are online only are listed, making it tougher on those of us who do not play online often. Is this true?
Gordon Bennett (yeah, that's my real name [some older Brits would understand that])
FullNietzsche
FullNietzsche
Posted on 07 December 18 at 00:51, Edited on 07 December 18 at 00:53 by FullNietzsche
GordonDogKing said:
It seems I recall in last year's challenge, {#}tagged online achievements{#} included those that were tagged both online and offline, such as those in Borderlands 2 & Pre-sequel. Now it appears that only those that are online only are listed, making it tougher on those of us who do not play online often. Is this true?
You can see last year's challenges and descriptions here:

Twelve Days of Christmas

There were no online challenges per se. There were 'versus' and 'co-op' challenges of which many could be done solo and/or offline.

So yes it is true that this year they ostensibly have to be done 'online' although actually there are achievements with the 'online' flag which can be done purely offline and solo as well.
GordonDogKing
GordonDogKing
Posted on 07 December 18 at 02:09
FullNietzsche said:
GordonDogKing said:
It seems I recall in last year's challenge, {#}tagged online achievements{#} included those that were tagged both online and offline, such as those in Borderlands 2 & Pre-sequel. Now it appears that only those that are online only are listed, making it tougher on those of us who do not play online often. Is this true?
You can see last year's challenges and descriptions here:

Twelve Days of Christmas

There were no online challenges per se. There were 'versus' and 'co-op' challenges of which many could be done solo and/or offline.

So yes it is true that this year they ostensibly have to be done 'online' although actually there are achievements with the 'online' flag which can be done purely offline and solo as well.
Thanks for the response FullNeitzsche! I see I did the 'versus' challenge, but did not make it to the 'co-op' challenge last year. Memory check partly failed! I have found more than four for this one, so off I go.
Gordon Bennett (yeah, that's my real name [some older Brits would understand that])
Our Afflictions
Posted on 07 December 18 at 02:12
minun73 said:
Potentially dumb question but I was going to start working on these tonight (been busy with schoolwork). Do I have to wait for challenge one to be scanned before I go to the next challenge or can I finish the first one and start the second relying on time stamps to show that I finished challenge one first?
They're based solely on Timestamps, so you are good without a scan.
Teddynav
Teddynav
Posted on 07 December 18 at 05:21, Edited on 07 December 18 at 05:25 by Teddynav
So after I complete the achievement for the first challenge, I was wondering if it would work if I popped 2 random title update achievements in Minecraft, then 3 other rare Minecraft achievements and then at least 4 snowball achievements for Minecraft 360 version and I will have almost caught up?
miku fujiwara
Posted on 07 December 18 at 07:29, Edited on 07 December 18 at 07:32 by miku fujiwara
Teddynav said:
So after I complete the achievement for the first challenge, I was wondering if it would work if I popped 2 random title update achievements in Minecraft, then 3 other rare Minecraft achievements and then at least 4 snowball achievements for Minecraft 360 version and I will have almost caught up?
the challenge achievements have to be in order but you can always pop other achievements in between, as long the order of the ones that are eligible are in order.

like so:

1. achievement with 53g
2. "normal achievement"
3. title update achievement
4. "some other achievement"
5. title update achievement
6. rare achievement"
7. some other achievement
8. rare achievement"
9. rare achievement"

this would still count, for the first three challenges.
Flabyo
Flabyo
Posted on 07 December 18 at 07:58
The online flag is specifically for achievements that you have to be online to get. Not necessarily multiplayer ones though, a lot of games have an ‘always online’ aspect to them even though they’re mostly solo experiences (Path of Exile, Elite Dangerous etc...) so have all their achievements tagged with the flag.

I ended up grabbing a few from For Honor that I’d already preloaded for UHH but that never came up for me in that... heh.
xNeo21x
xNeo21x
Posted on 07 December 18 at 08:37
How can I see what day's challenge each of my friends are on all in one place?
pmgu2
pmgu2
Posted on 07 December 18 at 09:56
planting42 said:
Feel free to discuss the event here.
Hi, Where can I ask for a support? I unlock several achievements for challenge 2 but it is not working :( I unlocked them yesterday using Sleeping Dogs Bonus content.

Thanks
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 07 December 18 at 10:05
pmgu2 said:
planting42 said:
Feel free to discuss the event here.
Hi, Where can I ask for a support? I unlock several achievements for challenge 2 but it is not working :( I unlocked them yesterday using Sleeping Dogs Bonus content.

Thanks
You unlocked them in Definitive Edition where the achievements are not counted as DLC
Jay Insomniak
Jay Insomniak
Posted on 07 December 18 at 11:20, Edited on 07 December 18 at 11:44 by Jay Insomniak
Tomb Raider: Legend Achievements is included in the eligible GWG achievements and it was not a GWG.

Disney Pixar Brave: The Video Game Achievements meanwhile is not showing up in eligible...
My favourite colour is red
MakeMeACoffee
MakeMeACoffee
Posted on 07 December 18 at 11:46
Who is excited for six 6.0 achievements?
Koding
Koding
Posted on 07 December 18 at 12:49
Jay Insomniak said:
Tomb Raider: Legend Achievements is included in the eligible GWG achievements and it was not a GWG.

Disney Pixar Brave: The Video Game Achievements meanwhile is not showing up in eligible...
Brave is now tagged as a GwG game. The GI team is looking into Tomb Raider. Thanks for pointing these out.
54 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.