Game Discussion: Mortal Kombat X Forum

Online Rooms error - "the chat server is unavailable"

AuthorMessage
Qwanimal
Qwanimal
Posted on 29 November 18 at 19:34
I haven't been able to get into online rooms for the past three weeks. Trying to enter this mode just gives the error message "The chat server is unavailable. Please try again later." This mode is essential for doing the 1000 Respect points achievement.

Anyone else having this problem, please contact WB support to report it. I have already but they said nobody else had reported an issue. I know I'm not the only one as somebody cancelled a session on here a few weeks ago due to the same problem, and someone posted on the MK forum about it as well.
HallowedClock8
Posted on 30 November 18 at 15:49
I have the same issue, and i check everyday if they fix the problem but nothing cry
Qwanimal
Qwanimal
Posted on 03 December 18 at 17:57
Have you reported it? They're more likely to fix it if a lot of people report the problem.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 03 December 18 at 23:32
I have reported on my side..
HallowedClock8
Posted on 04 December 18 at 23:15
Qwanimal said:
Have you reported it? They're more likely to fix it if a lot of people report the problem.
Yes, i already reported :)
Grim Dogma
Grim Dogma
Posted on 10 December 18 at 20:29
I reported it on their Twitter. I advice everyone to do the same
SchizoPsycho74
Posted on 05 January 19 at 03:03
Since MK 11 is in the works, I don't think it'll be fixed anytime soon.
I'm 99.9% sure that I need a beer.
AC Skywalker X
Posted on 05 January 19 at 20:42
You think they would fix this considering some people would be getting back into it before MK11
AC Skywalker X
Posted on 06 January 19 at 12:13
You can still get respect points from King Of The Hill so I guess it’s still achievable. It will just take a lot longer
Qwanimal
Qwanimal
Posted on 17 January 19 at 19:54, Edited on 17 January 19 at 19:54 by Qwanimal
AC Skywalker X said:
You can still get respect points from King Of The Hill so I guess it’s still achievable. It will just take a lot longer
Yeah, I gave up waiting for them to fix it and eventually got the achievement a couple of weeks ago by boosting with 2-4 other people at a time in public KotH Survivor lobbies over a few weeks. It's not too bad, but definitely a lot slower than being able to set up your own room. Randoms cause trouble by either a) being sore losers/lazy and not giving anyone respect points or (less frequently) b) being so good that they win almost every match and nobody else has a chance to get points.
Grim Dogma
Grim Dogma
Posted on 25 January 19 at 06:56
Qwanimal said:
AC Skywalker X said:
Yeah, I gave up waiting for them to fix it and eventually got the achievement a couple of weeks ago by boosting with 2-4 other people at a time in public KotH Survivor lobbies over a few weeks. It's not too bad, but definitely a lot slower than being able to set up your own room. Randoms cause trouble by either a) being sore losers/lazy and not giving anyone respect points or (less frequently) b) being so good that they win almost every match and nobody else has a chance to get points.
Yea I'm glad we got that over with. For anyone having trouble getting your own lobby and have all your people go afk till everyone leaves. Boring but effective.
fighterx93chipp
Posted on 25 January 19 at 15:06, Edited on 25 January 19 at 15:07 by fighterx93chipp
2 months later and it’s still down... tried playing randoms in a survivor lobby last night and they just spam the same moves so I couldn’t even get a hit off... so frustrating. Looks like I’m gonna have to bite the bullet and attempt it publicly and “git gud” I guess.
LAZY SHIKAMARUX
Posted on 08 February 19 at 15:57
Wow, excellent support by WB on this one... Just attempted today to host a room for the first time and this is still going on...
I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it. - Bill Gates.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.