Genre Discussion: The Gardens Between Forum

A messageboard for all things genres

The Gardens Between Multi-Genre Discussion

Related game: The Gardens Between

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 30 November 18 at 07:57
Please use this thread to discuss this game's classification under the multi-genre system.

If you disagree with the current genres, please click the "Add genre disagreement" button below.
BibbedRoom13950
Posted on 30 November 18 at 07:58
Puzzle & Platformer.
aww0
aww0
Posted on 30 November 18 at 08:32
Puzzle adventure. Definitely not a platformer.
MustKillMoWhee
Posted on 30 November 18 at 16:27
Definitely puzzle adventure.
TangerineGamer
Posted on 01 December 18 at 15:02
the only button you use is cn_A and it's not to jump ... definitely not a platformer
Yours sincerely, TG
BlackTibo
BlackTibo
Posted on 02 December 18 at 11:03, Edited on 02 December 18 at 11:03 by BlackTibo
Puzzle of course.
And Visual novel
Information Posted on 02 December 18 at 22:46
The Wet Chef has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
Adventure, Puzzle and Visual Novel.
Information Posted on 02 December 18 at 22:47
The Wet Chef has removed their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
The Wet Chef
The Wet Chef
Posted on 02 December 18 at 22:49
Me NOT looking before post lol. i hit "Add genre disagreement" instead of "Post reply" facepalm

Adventure, Puzzle and Visual Novel.
Our Afflictions
Posted on 03 December 18 at 06:51
Adventure, Puzzle. Not a VN
Information Posted on 03 December 18 at 07:34
Vargtassen 7 has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
Don't forget about "on rails" in addition to adventure and puzzle. This game is the definition of an on rails game although not in a traditional sense.
Vitiated1
Vitiated1
Posted on 05 December 18 at 18:48
The team has concluded there is no evidence to support Visual Novel (no constant text screens over static images with frequent opportunities to make dialogue decisions that change outcomes) and no evidence for On Rails since you can move forwards and backwards at your own leisure. Just adding Puzzle.
BlackTibo
BlackTibo
Posted on 06 December 18 at 09:52
Weird. I assume Visual Novel was a Novel without much text/dialogs, which is "Visual".

It's like saying Brothers is not a Visual Novel. Thanks to the images into constellations, the elements scattered throughout the levels, it tells us a story of friendship, or even more.

But I just checked, and Brothers is not categorized in Visual Novel, just in Adventure. That is a little bit weird.
Our Afflictions
Posted on 06 December 18 at 10:32
Brothers is not a VN either.
Bobazoid1
Bobazoid1
Posted on 06 December 18 at 20:13
I really liked the game. It has great music and visual effects. Plus the story that was unfolding in front of your eyes was worth it. Since there is no dialogue or even text to read, it could be played by just about anyone. Ok there are a few parts that rely on hearing though. Even though it was a bit short. But, since I got it through Game Pass - I have no complaints.
Bob
Information Posted on 12 December 18 at 12:52
Darklord1899 has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
puzzle game. Very slow.
Our Afflictions
Posted yesterday at 22:27
Puzzle is already listed as a genre.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.