TA Playlist Forum

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Discussion - Spoiler Free

AuthorMessage
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 06 December 18 at 13:48
TVippy said:
May not be a popular opinion, but I found Ninja Theory to be a quite crappy dev (even though I tried to love their games again and again - they can look good on the surface).

One thing I dislike about their "products" is how unresponsive the controls are, how big the input lag is. I assume this is true for Hellblade?
Of their work, I've only played Enslaved and Hellblade. I don't like anything DMC and I haven't played Heavenly Sword. But in those two games I did play, I didn't notice any such issues. Then again, I'm more of an experiential player and not a technical one so they may have gone by unnoticed by me.
WebDevil 666
WebDevil 666
Posted on 07 December 18 at 15:27
£24.99 for a game that takes 6-8 hours to complete?

I'll give it a miss this time thanks.
Efil4remag
A Volvo Driver
Posted on 08 December 18 at 12:10
I think that this game is coming t Game Pass on the 17th? If so, I will give it a go.
TangerineGamer
Posted on 08 December 18 at 13:22
A Volvo Driver said:
I think that this game is coming t Game Pass on the 17th? If so, I will give it a go.
Saw the same story, going to be jumping in on it then too. Heard good things from most people that have played it and sound like something I'd enjoy so I'm looking forward to it
Yours sincerely, TG
Mullet For Men
Posted on 12 December 18 at 01:55
A Volvo Driver said:
Glad I held off when it went on sale. Everyone kept saying to get it because it was good but I honestly didn't think it would come to Game Pass.
ReloadRage
ReloadRage
Posted on 12 December 18 at 23:03
Seems like too many other good games out for this one to take my attention...
Mental Knight 5
Posted on 14 December 18 at 02:41
Aw sweet, you're doing HELLBLADE?!? That seems like a perfect playlist game and the perfect incentive for me to give starting this another try. It looked fantastic, including what I've heard of the subject matter. Sorry I'm just hearing the news, I been a lil busy since last we spoke. wink
te5s3rakt
te5s3rakt
Posted on 14 December 18 at 15:21
WebDevil 666 said:
£24.99 for a game that takes 6-8 hours to complete?

I'll give it a miss this time thanks.
It's about £15 for a movie that last 2-3 hours. £25 for 6-8 hours entertainment is a good deal really.
I've never really understood the whole £/$ vs hours of entertainment equation for games.
We don't do that for TV or Movies :S
Kennyannydenny
Posted on 14 December 18 at 19:38
I was really glad to hear this came out physically on the 4th of this month, haven't been able to find a copy in my local stores yet though. Only a PS4 copy, maybe I should start looking in GB.
TrapMuzik99
TrapMuzik99
Posted on 15 December 18 at 16:51
Wasn't this on sale awhile back for next to nothing? Should have picked it up :(
1st person in the world to unlock every single Grand Theft Auto achievement in existence! (8250/8250 Gamerscore)
Mental Knight 5
Posted on 15 December 18 at 19:35
Elyoh said:
I need to bean dive this so I don't forget to play it. Do headphones really make a big difference to the experience?
I never use my headphones. I got 5 minutes into this game and thought, "Oh, clearly I am supposed to be wearing headphones with this."
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 16 December 18 at 15:41
Mental Knight 5 said:
Elyoh said:
I need to bean dive this so I don't forget to play it. Do headphones really make a big difference to the experience?
I never use my headphones. I got 5 minutes into this game and thought, {#}Oh, clearly I am supposed to be wearing headphones with this.{#}
I don’t own headphones, never really cared to. After 5 minutes I was the same as you, haha. I thought about getting a cheap set of headphones just for this game.
Peixe Balao
Peixe Balao
Posted on 16 December 18 at 21:52
Definitely will give this game a try thanks to gamepass!
Koding
Koding
Posted on 16 December 18 at 22:48
Peixe Balao said:
Looking forward to waking up tomorrow, loading this, and giving it a shot.
54 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA!
SquidCzy
SquidCzy
Posted on 17 December 18 at 12:05
Koding said:
Peixe Balao said:
Looking forward to waking up tomorrow, loading this, and giving it a shot.
Same. I'm excited to jump into it as all I've heard is good things.
TangerineGamer
Posted on 17 December 18 at 20:45
Starting it now, excited for it from the good things I've heard about it
Yours sincerely, TG
aww0
aww0
Posted on 17 December 18 at 22:48
I would've thought for the amount of effort that has obviously gone into the games' audio and visuals, they could have made a better pause menu
freedomgirl85
freedomgirl85
Posted on 18 December 18 at 04:09
another game "everyone" loves that I cant stand. Barely made it to the first cheevo
TangerineGamer
Posted on 18 December 18 at 10:08
I'm up to chapter 5 and currently I'm part of the "everyone" that is really enjoying the experience so far.
At first I didn't like that it didn't tell you any of the controls directly (I know it shows you on the pause screen but still) and it took me a few fights to realise that there even was a parry button, or what the melee button was for - took me ages to kill the first shield guy without the kick.

But now I feel that it was a good choice to make me figure it out myself, and because of it I worked out how to use them to help my combat style instead of telling me how I should be attacking each enemy.
It makes me as the player feel like I worked it out and adapted the tools given on my own and in my own way - I know everyone will battle the enemies in mostly the same way but they do a good job in making you feel like you figured it out yourself, adding to the immersion and development of your connection to the character

Once I felt comfortable with the combat controls I really started to enjoy the fluidity of the combat, blocking at the right time and dodging just in time when you hear one of the voices call out "behind you". I never want to waste the focus stuff but it recharges pretty quickly I think I can take advantage of it a lot more than I have so far.

Lastly, I know it's not for everyone, the story/explanation of the mythology of the gods etc. from the voices and the lorestones is great, love hearing about stuff like that and the voice acting is on point IMO
Yours sincerely, TG
wolfsburgraz
wolfsburgraz
Posted on 19 December 18 at 04:18, Edited on 19 December 18 at 06:03 by wolfsburgraz
Looking for the lorestones is ruining the flow of this game for me, like collectibles in almost all games. I don't intend to make a second trip through though and would really like to get them all.

After the very cool intro portion to the game I found myself getting annoyed in Valravn's world instead of being filled with mysticism and dread.

EDIT - Pardon the overwhelming negativity there, I was running high on emotion. I am liking the game so far. It looks very nice, the combat is decent, and experiencing the psychosis through headphones has been pretty wild. I feel genuine sadness for anyone that has to deal with conditions of the mind such as this in their everyday lives, it must be terrible.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.