Windows Forum

Forum for general Windows discussion. Come here to talk about everything associated with the OS, from games to apps to updates.

Can't install Minesweeper Error Code Code: 0x803F8001

AuthorMessage
Bytecrawler54
Posted on 01 December 18 at 01:46
I've been playing the newest version of Minesweeper on Windows 10 for a while and last week it suddenly couldn't sign in. All my other games worked and I could log into the Xbox app without any issues. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Minesweeper and it started throwing the above error. When I look at the game page, it tells me I already own the game. I click on install and it displays the message "Acquiring license..." for about 10 seconds and then indicates an error. The error details only say that "Something unexpected happened" and displays the error code.
I've had no trouble installing other games including Sudoku, Jigsaw, and other games of the same type as Minesweeper.
I've tried this on other PCs using the same Xbox account and am seeing similar issues.
Has anyone had experience with this kind of error?
Koding
Koding
Posted on 01 December 18 at 12:39
Hmm...not sure what to tell you. I just installed Microsoft Minesweeper from the Win10 store and it installed and ran just fine. However you are not the only one to experience this problem. I did a Google search and found a number of people with the same issue. Here were some suggestions to fixing it.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/something-went-wrong-0x803f80...

Good luck!
55 LEGO game completions on 5 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA!
Bytecrawler54
Posted on 01 December 18 at 20:50
Thank you! The WindowsClub site has an easy way to fix this in Windows 10. In a nutshell, open Windows Settings and click on Apps (Uninstall, defaults, optional features). Then click on Apps & Features on the left menu. You'll get a list of all your apps. Scroll down to the one with a problem, click on advanced feature and then on the reset button. That did the trick for me.
Koding
Koding
Posted on 01 December 18 at 21:07
Glad to hear that it worked for you!
55 LEGO game completions on 5 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA!
DrMmmPie
DrMmmPie
Posted on 02 December 18 at 11:09
I think this was the same error I had the other day.or at least something similar (In work ATM can't check my laptop) I tried all things it said. But the game in question wouldn't install.

However I could download said app using another profile. I know you have sloved the problem but hopefully this might help someone out in the future. :-)
Free pro give away https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1066420
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.