Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Q.U.B.E. 2 and Dragon Age II Now Free with Games with Gold

AuthorMessage
DaveKinetic
DaveKinetic
Posted on 01 December 18 at 10:01
Add two more titles to your collection

Please click here to read the story: Q.U.B.E. 2 and Dragon Age II Now Free with Games with Gold
Karachi King
Karachi King
Posted on 01 December 18 at 10:34
Anyone know what Australia gets in lieu of QUBE 2? The Games with Gold section on Xbox is only showing Race the Sun and Dragon Age II.
SpN Andy
SpN Andy
Posted on 01 December 18 at 10:37
2 good games to start the month, hope the dlc for DA goes on sale on Tuesday
Spakon
Posted on 01 December 18 at 10:45
Karachi King said:
Anyone know what Australia gets in lieu of QUBE 2? The Games with Gold section on Xbox is only showing Race the Sun and Dragon Age II.
QUBE 2 is available in Australia, just not showing up on console store yet, you can initiate the install through the website.
donut77
donut77
Posted on 01 December 18 at 10:57
Yep go the xbox store website and it's available.
Zerodactyl
Zerodactyl
Posted on 01 December 18 at 11:42
QUBE 2 sounds fun so I'll be giving that a shot later.
Zerodactyl
SUICIDAL SINN3R
Posted on 01 December 18 at 11:52
Hoping this prompts Microsoft to have a Dragon age DLC sale for all 3 as I still need some for the 1st & now the 2nd plus the 1 from inquisition on the 360.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 01 December 18 at 11:56
I think race the sun is still the only thing I plan on playing from this and last months gwg
Karachi King
Karachi King
Posted on 01 December 18 at 12:20
Spakon said:
QUBE 2 is available in Australia, just not showing up on console store yet, you can initiate the install through the website.
Ah yeah, it's there now. When I checked earlier, even on the website, it was showing as unavailable.
Solo Wing 82
Solo Wing 82
Posted on 01 December 18 at 12:23
ill just wait for mercenaries and feel satisfied with it being in my collection. I hope we get more xbox originals , but they should be cheaper.
HuwCW87
HuwCW87
Posted on 01 December 18 at 13:04
Solo Wing 82 said:
ill just wait for mercenaries and feel satisfied with it being in my collection. I hope we get more xbox originals , but they should be cheaper.
I hope we don't get more xbox originals for games with gold, if we do it should be aswell as the 2 360 games not instead of.
JBS 80
JBS 80
Posted on 01 December 18 at 13:17, Edited on 01 December 18 at 13:21 by JBS 80
Is there another game similar in gameplay to Q.U.B.E 2 (other than Q.U.B.E 1 and Portal 1/2)? Looking at the gameplay video that played before I started downloading it, I got a massive sense of deja-vu, as if I'd (fairly recently) played this game or its predecessor before and forgotten about it. A quick scan of my played games shows that I haven't, and I can't identify the game I'm thinking of. While I've been typing this I've started to recall Portal-style gameplay involving slotting 'power cores' into sockets to power doors, lifts, light-bridges, etc. to advance through levels. It was most likely a previous GwG or Game Pass game, if that helps.

EDIT: Nevermind, I've just looked at a list of all games classed as 'Puzzle' on the site here, and it's almost certainly The Turing Test, which I played last November. I just didn't look back far enough previously. Whew, I thought I was losing my mind there...
Hieronimus
Hieronimus
Posted on 01 December 18 at 13:23, Edited on 01 December 18 at 13:25 by Hieronimus
In Germany, Cobalt is free as well it seems. Just got this and Q.u.b.e. 2.

Edit: but it has an unobtainable cry
Gerbasgamer
Gerbasgamer
Posted on 01 December 18 at 13:47
HuwCW87 said:
Solo Wing 82 said:
I hope we don't get more xbox originals for games with gold, if we do it should be aswell as the 2 360 games not instead of.
I agree that it should be more of a bonus instead of replacing a 360 game, but there aren't enough (and very likely won't ever be enough) Xbox Original games on X1 to give away 2 of them each month. Even one game each month would be a stretch.
togethawiistand
Posted on 01 December 18 at 13:53, Edited on 03 December 18 at 15:41 by Beanpotter
Dragon Gayge 2 is a great game with a unique feeling to its gameplay.

Qube 2 sounds a lot like Pneuma + Turing Test.

MOD EDIT. Homophobic comment removed.
To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
Diesskay
Diesskay
Posted on 01 December 18 at 14:04
Every month I can't seem to be able to download the Xbox 360 game: on the page when you buy the game when I click Continue, nothing happens. The Cancel button works though. I have to use the Xbox 360 to be able to "purchase" the game. Do you have the same issue?
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 01 December 18 at 14:34
Q.U.B.E. 2 for me! I played the first one earlier this year and was incredibly surprised by it. It seems as though this is a lot better than the first one so I have high hopes!
derwood13 II
derwood13 II
Posted on 01 December 18 at 16:08
Diesskay said:
Every month I can't seem to be able to download the Xbox 360 game: on the page when you buy the game when I click Continue, nothing happens. The Cancel button works though. I have to use the Xbox 360 to be able to {#}purchase{#} the game. Do you have the same issue?
My experience is the same, Diesskay - I need to download it onto my 360 first, then download it onto my One. Always thought it was because I don't have a credit card attached to my Microsoft account. Anyone able to confirm? Thanks!
CODYWWE24
CODYWWE24
Posted on 01 December 18 at 17:28
derwood13 II said:
Diesskay said:
Every month I can't seem to be able to download the Xbox 360 game: on the page when you buy the game when I click Continue, nothing happens. The Cancel button works though. I have to use the Xbox 360 to be able to "purchase" the game. Do you have the same issue?
My experience is the same, Diesskay - I need to download it onto my 360 first, then download it onto my One. Always thought it was because I don't have a credit card attached to my Microsoft account. Anyone able to confirm? Thanks!
Thats probably it. I have a card on my account and I have no problem downloading 360 games to xbox one either through the one itself or xbox.com.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 01 December 18 at 17:35, Edited on 01 December 18 at 17:53 by HolyHalfDead
derwood13 II said:
Diesskay said:
Every month I can't seem to be able to download the Xbox 360 game: on the page when you buy the game when I click Continue, nothing happens. The Cancel button works though. I have to use the Xbox 360 to be able to {#}purchase{#} the game. Do you have the same issue?
You are correct.

You don’t need a payment method to purchase games on the Xbox 360 (because they know where you are, and can check the game is compatible with your Xbox 360). To purchase games from the web site you need a valid payment method, since you could be anyone.

For similar reasons you can only make part payments on the Xbox 360, and not through the web.

It has always been that way, and if they were going to change it they would have done it by now.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.