Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Q.U.B.E. 2 and Dragon Age II Now Free with Games with Gold

AuthorMessage
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 01 December 18 at 17:50, Edited on 01 December 18 at 18:05 by HolyHalfDead
I just realised I bought two of the Dragon Age II DLCs when they were half price. What I missed was the third one going half price six months later, and they haven’t been on sale again since 2015.

Australia is the cheapest place in the world to buy the DLC from (but you won’t hear that from an Australian as they like to feel hard done by).

They are $9.99 + tax in the US compared with $6.62 + tax in AU

So I got them for $3.31 + tax from Australia.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
gobey17
gobey17
Posted on 01 December 18 at 18:11, Edited on 03 December 18 at 15:42 by Beanpotter
MOD EDIT: Deleted comment removed.

Might play Q.U.B.E. 2, though I don't know if I should play the first in regards to any references in the plot, etc.
JLogan27
JLogan27
Posted on 01 December 18 at 19:20
I was charged for QUBE 2...I used the link on this site. I called and they said it is not a Free With Gold game. On Xbox's website, it does not have it listed. Now I have to jump through hoops to get my money back.
Diesskay
Diesskay
Posted on 01 December 18 at 20:07
HolyHalfDead said:
derwood13 II said:
Diesskay said:
Every month I can't seem to be able to download the Xbox 360 game: on the page when you buy the game when I click Continue, nothing happens. The Cancel button works though. I have to use the Xbox 360 to be able to {#}purchase{#} the game. Do you have the same issue?
My experience is the same, Diesskay - I need to download it onto my 360 first, then download it onto my One. Always thought it was because I don't have a credit card attached to my Microsoft account. Anyone able to confirm? Thanks!
You are correct.

You don’t need a payment method to purchase games on the Xbox 360 (because they know where you are, and can check the game is compatible with your Xbox 360). To purchase games from the web site you need a valid payment method, since you could be anyone.

For similar reasons you can only make part payments on the Xbox 360, and not through the web.

It has always been that way, and if they were going to change it they would have done it by now.
I have my credit card attached to the XONE and I bought digital games on that system. This has been an issue since August as far as I remember. Before that, it worked.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 01 December 18 at 22:33
Diesskay said:
HolyHalfDead said:
derwood13 II said:
Diesskay said:
Every month I can't seem to be able to download the Xbox 360 game: on the page when you buy the game when I click Continue, nothing happens. The Cancel button works though. I have to use the Xbox 360 to be able to "purchase" the game. Do you have the same issue?
My experience is the same, Diesskay - I need to download it onto my 360 first, then download it onto my One. Always thought it was because I don't have a credit card attached to my Microsoft account. Anyone able to confirm? Thanks!
You are correct.

You don’t need a payment method to purchase games on the Xbox 360 (because they know where you are, and can check the game is compatible with your Xbox 360). To purchase games from the web site you need a valid payment method, since you could be anyone.

For similar reasons you can only make part payments on the Xbox 360, and not through the web.

It has always been that way, and if they were going to change it they would have done it by now.
I have my credit card attached to the XONE and I bought digital games on that system. This has been an issue since August as far as I remember. Before that, it worked.
This is one of the issues I have with games with gold you should not need a credit card do download FREE xbox 360 games on the x1. The only way I see MS change it is when they close down xbox live on x360
Goggs25
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 01 December 18 at 23:08
Diesskay said:
Every month I can't seem to be able to download the Xbox 360 game: on the page when you buy the game when I click Continue, nothing happens. The Cancel button works though. I have to use the Xbox 360 to be able to {#}purchase{#} the game. Do you have the same issue?
For some reason you need a form of paynent PP or CC online even though thw game is free. Don't know why.
J1R2D3R4M
J1R2D3R4M
Posted on 02 December 18 at 01:17
Already own Dragon Age II, I don't suppose this GWG promotion will be accompanied by deep discounts to the game's DLC...?
imaidiot19
imaidiot19
Posted on 02 December 18 at 01:54, Edited on 02 December 18 at 01:55 by imaidiot19
i would play more of the OG games if they had achievements. It would be relatively easy to have an achievement for starting the game, and different achievements for time played. They wouldn't have to be creative about it. I would actually play the games I wouldn't care about normally (I have too many games to play as it is, but free achievements might entice me). Not that I just play games for achievements, but I'm not interested in most of the OG games...but achievements would increase that interest.

Until then, all the OG games are doing is cutting into our free games.
Yes, I know I am.
Boots Orion
Boots Orion
Posted on 02 December 18 at 02:20
They aren't cutting into your free games. Most people don't play for achievements. The biggest issue with Mercs being a GWG selection is that is so old. They really aren't costing themselves anything by offering it for free for 15 days as I doubt they'd have very many sales of that game in that time.
yourmomjokes69
Posted on 02 December 18 at 04:23
Two incredibly easy achievement games this month?! and neither of them are total trash?! Hell yeah!
togethawiistand
Posted on 02 December 18 at 04:32
Boots Orion said:
They aren't cutting into your free games. Most people don't play for achievements. The biggest issue with Mercs being a GWG selection is that is so old. They really aren't costing themselves anything by offering it for free for 15 days as I doubt they'd have very many sales of that game in that time.
Bullseye!
To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
xWiZARDx
xWiZARDx
Posted on 02 December 18 at 08:41
Microsoft should updated all original Xbox games that are backwards compatible with achievements.
Algur
Algur
Posted on 02 December 18 at 22:48
xWiZARDx said:
Microsoft should updated all original Xbox games that are backwards compatible with achievements.
I would love that but it's unlikely.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 03 December 18 at 15:42
So, I have read that QUBE2 is easy from an achievement standpoint... but is it FUN?

That's what I want to know...
BrunoRockport
Posted on 03 December 18 at 23:01
Dragon Age II isn't available in Brazil.
The Maw replaces it.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 03 December 18 at 23:04
J4CKA1 said:
So, I have read that QUBE2 is easy from an achievement standpoint... but is it FUN?

That's what I want to know...
I really enjoyed the first one, I assume this one is just as fun. If you enjoy puzzle games, that is.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
xMoretti
xMoretti
Posted on 04 December 18 at 00:08
The Maw is available in Xbox Live Brazil, instead of Dragon Age.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.