Game Discussion: Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms Forum

Information & Resources (Ask Questions Here)

AuthorMessage
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 09 February 19 at 05:42
You're on a whole other level in terms of progress Seth. I truly appreciate the information, I really do. But honestly, none of us can make real use of it to the fullest since we're just not in the same position as you progression wise.

I tried the formations you mentioned and can't even get close to the walls I hit with nothing but base champions. I'm sure this is because I don't have the favor to upgrade them enough and they have crap gear. But you said the synergies will be enough to keep up even without gear. That isn't the case for me unless I'm just not doing it right. Which is troubling since I set it up correctly. Any advice here would be great. I want to learn to play this game better. But every time I do something with positive results, I apparently could be doing something ten times better. It's confusing.

I honestly just don't understand how you can make such progress each run. Are you using potions every run? I don't have them. So that's not an option for me. This is why I was so confused when you said you should only be doing the campaign missions and then variants when you're 100 areas passed the cutoff. This sounds like a fairy tale for my game since that just isn't possible. lol I wish it was. And I want to get there. I just need some elaboration on how this works please.

I think the most baffling thing you said (and I really apologize if it seems like I'm being an ass here, I'm not trying to be rude. I genuinely want to know this stuff) was that events are worthless outside of gear. Meaning the favor gains are worthless? That's insane to me since events are where I make the most progress. I can double or more my favor each event and rise into new e? levels each time. I can almost never do that otherwise unless I get lucky and acquire epic potions to stack.

Sorry for the text wall. And I did just wake up recently. So this is probably disjointed and not written very well. But I hope I asked the questions I wanted to get across in a non-rude manner. I look forward to reading a response. I love this game and want to get better at it. wave
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 09 February 19 at 07:06
So in a perfect world, what would I be running in Torm?
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
MightyLordSeth
Posted on 09 February 19 at 10:49
No offense taken at all.. I have a huge advantage because I'm a nut who bought all the characters.. when you guys are setting up you're missing too many synergies and not getting far enough into the upgrades to see the balancing take effect. The game is a year old and your doing year 2 content with none of the year 1 characters. Really just go with w/e works best with what you have. I also saved and used every potion I got (from gold & silver chests) at predetermined spots in my run pushing me even further. I even stacked them.. popping greens (15m) when there was 15m left on a blue (1hr) etc to get the best returns. You can get every potion w/o spending money as well. Looking at that curve I couldn't see playing the game any other way. The formations I posted and sent were all tested w/o potions and with capped upgrades. Any of these could be completely wrong for you because I was simply further into the upgrades at that point.

When comparing characters you're on the same curve. Strix coming in at a higher place on the curve because of her bench slot she may out dps farideh for a bit but everytime an upgrade comes up for her debuff she loses ground. The same would be true when compared to any dps without a buff/debuff, like Krond, jamilah, binwin etc. So somewhere along the way, given the same buffs Farideh will do 99% of dps. And even though the tank synergy may effect them equally Farideh's ability will multiply that dmg while strix's debuff stays flat. And of course gear makes a difference but besides slots increasing certain buffs it's an extremely low % compared to natural abilities. A 200% increase in dmg when you're only 3/20 into dmg increases can be substantial though so early on it looks way more important.

It also matters how long you can keep the tank alive which is why every build had at least one healer. Every enemy that your tanking increases global dps 100%. It is random which enemy you attack next. Meaning you may hit a boss with adds still there at 13x or maybe you get stuck because you cleared them (go bk and forth a bit..) If a boss is alone you should be able to hold him almost indefinately (depending on boss). With Arkhan, who I only have simple gear for (never spent a dollar on him) I've held bosses to 100+ rage stacks before they finally break through stuns, hit me and die. You see that one Krond build had 2 healers with Arkhan further increasing cures with bulk up. Other builds sometimes you won't break through until the tank has already died and strix raises them. That can all be done to at least some extent with nothing but base characters as well. All waves at the end should be a ridiculous build up of enemies until a lag spike and they turn into a pile of gold.. That's what the game is made for. Arkan's fire breath doesn't even trigger until you're holding 25 mobs which is not difficult at all even with basic stuff.

For the variants I said each "catch" drops you're wall back 25 or more levels. So don't bother with them until you're overleveled a bit and have the sometimes required characters. 100 waves over leveled would be overkill but if you find one especially difficult why not skip until 100.. Events are worthless because they convert into campaign favor at a rate based on your current favor. In order for you to even double your favor takes a ridiculous amount of runs and you start from 0% which is just unbearable at this point. With all character synergies I could possibly use I went from 1B torm to 10B torm in one run in a normal main campaign mission. So I see no reason to do events besides gear. These aren't the way to make progress they just give you enough favor to farm gear and not completely waste your time.

Finally I also mentioned in the first post it would be better to wait until you have more character's. And how playing now would add hundreds of hours.. You're all attempting to start a game in its 2nd year with nothing.. and wondering why you can't kill anything lol. It sucks I know that's why unless you're going to buy those characters be prepared for a ridiculous grind 10-100x more then if you waited. Don't ya just love math lol..
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 09 February 19 at 14:39
Useful information for sure. I found the crux of my problem now after re-examining the situation. My only problem in this game at the moment (aside from a barebones understanding of formation building lol) is that I just don't have enough overall favor.

I've been stuck in the campaign making pitiful progress for a while now. But already in the event I'm pushing into the e10 range per run. I know you level faster and get more gold in the event missions. But still. I took what I learned here into the campaign and it's going much better too. :) I mean with the favor conversion from this event I'll be able to get into the e11 or e12 range. Maybe even higher if I can push a ton with potions. Too early to tell for sure yet.

I now understand why you meant the favor gains from the event aren't great for you since you have to do too many runs. I was just saying for me, 100% profit is amazing since I'd never be able to get that much in a few days. I'm confident if I get some more gear for a few of my key characters like Farideh, I'll be able to start using Strix as a support DPS instead of a primary.

But until then, I'll just have to make due with what I have. laugh Still having fun and making progress. So I'm happy. But I appreciate all of the info. I'll keep it all in mind as I progress. I'm hoping in the next month or so I'll have that "ah ha" moment where everything comes together and I can start flying through. toast
UltraInstinctXT
Posted on 09 February 19 at 15:11
Hi!

Could you help me to find the best formation for the 3 main adventures? :)

Here are my eventchampions:

K'thriss
Regis
Gromma
paultin
birdsong
Borrowin - wulfgar - Tyril ( I cant remember which of these are the event ones :D)
Warden - Strix
Nerys

and which Ability should I use with each of the champions?
MetaGame
MetaGame
Posted on 10 February 19 at 05:25
MightyLordSeth: I've been following your advice, but there is one Big question that I still have with what you've been saying... How are you getting the 1000% increase every run? I've been running the Event Free Plays('cuz they're the only free way to get gear for the event champs and all the variants are showing up as Deadly), and even after a run lasting almost 2 days I only ended up with about 7-800% increase. I'm pretty sure I was at the wall, my main DPS(Minsc) was taking multiple swings to kill anything, the gold drops were less than 1% of what I was needing for my next upgrades and I couldn't keep my tank alive. Are you just getting this 'cuz of your dropping boatloads of cash means you have awesome gear and pots to make use of every run? Like I said earlier in the thread, my gear is mostly whites and greens and I don't really have much of a potion supply or much of a clue on when/how to make use of them.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 11 February 19 at 07:58
A bit off topic

Strix's skills and description mentions that she lacks basic manners, and have poor personal hygiene etc etc. And still she has a charisma score of 18...how does that make sense?
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 11 February 19 at 08:16
TheMaize said:
A bit off topic

Strix's skills and description mentions that she lacks basic manners, and have poor personal hygiene etc etc. And still she has a charisma score of 18...how does that make sense?
Maybe everyone in the D&D universe has a fetish for the smell of rotten fish. laugh

I love Strix. She's letting me push super far since I started using her. Can't wait for her event next month so I can properly gear her up.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 19 February 19 at 04:48, Edited on 19 February 19 at 04:49 by TheMaize
BloodGodAlucard said:
TheMaize said:
A bit off topic

Maybe everyone in the D&D universe has a fetish for the smell of rotten fish. laugh

I love Strix. She's letting me push super far since I started using her. Can't wait for her event next month so I can properly gear her up.
she sure is....and then combined with Hitch, and the stronger together synergy with paultin, and Evelyn. (dont have the last wafflecrew guy yet)

On a sidenote. How do i open up for helm blessings tier 2? It seems they exist. But i only got tier 1 showing.
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 19 February 19 at 06:56
TheMaize said:
BloodGodAlucard said:
TheMaize said:
A bit off topic

she sure is....and then combined with Hitch, and the stronger together synergy with paultin, and Evelyn. (dont have the last wafflecrew guy yet)

On a sidenote. How do i open up for helm blessings tier 2? It seems they exist. But i only got tier 1 showing.
I think they're up on PC but haven't been patched into the console version yet. Not sure though. I'd like to get some new blessings as well.
Larvi
Larvi
Posted on 23 February 19 at 01:43
Finally got the 72 variant achievement tonight, now just need to grind out the free plays. I did break down and spent $10 on Paultin to get his golden epic and another shiny item slot and that went a long way to getting me over the hump. Strix still ended up being my top DPS option with Farideh and Arkhan being used on some of the variants. But I still have a lot of champs I haven't unlocked so I'm missing a lot of the synergies.

They've added 2 new variants to the Dragonheist campaign and I used one of those for the 72, if they keep adding more that will definitely help others with this achievement as there are still several variants that I have no hope of completing without more champs and was struggling to find those last couple I could do as I approached 72.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 23 February 19 at 06:45
congratulations...im slowly getting there aswell.
the free run achievements are such a drag. I have done all the ones i can during events for extra chests, but im still not even at 50.
And now i got a weird bug. While playing idle champions, i cant see the achievementlist. So im not even sure if i get progress right now. It works fine in any other game
Larvi
Larvi
Posted on 23 February 19 at 17:18
Yeah, the free plays are going to drag out for sure, I was around 70 when I finished the variants so lots more to go for me as well. I need to break out my turbo controller to press B for me to speed this up. Really want to get this done to free up my XB1 for some other games. I tried playing some on my other XB1 in offline mode but didn't care for no feedback as to whether you actually got the achievement or not so quit doing that.

As for the tracker progress, mine is still working. But leaving this game on for extended periods does seem to make my XB1 act screwy at times, I've taken to performing a system restart on a regular basis. It may be worth trying that if you haven't already. Don't just power off and on, do a full restart by holding down the power button or choosing restart from the settings. You could also try looking at your achievements on a W10 computer and see if it is tracking there.
NO PULSE
NO PULSE
Posted on 26 February 19 at 20:21
Larvi said:
Finally got the 72 variant achievement tonight
Do you basically have to do all the variants in all three regions for this?
Larvi
Larvi
Posted on 27 February 19 at 00:38
NO PULSE said:
Larvi said:
Finally got the 72 variant achievement tonight
Do you basically have to do all the variants in all three regions for this?
No, there is some leeway. I don't have an exact count but I probably have a dozen or so I haven't completed plus some I haven't unlocked yet. But I also completed every event variant up until now. The events happen every 3 weeks and have 6 variants that you can complete that will also count towards the 72. So the more event variants you do, the more of the main campaign variants you can skip.
EYEHUNTER 42
EYEHUNTER 42
Posted on 27 February 19 at 00:59
Any advice on pushing through the event variants?
Larvi
Larvi
Posted on 27 February 19 at 02:13
A big help for the events is to have the Tier 1 global blessings for Helm, Kel and Torm unlocked that increase the champion damage. Also the Tier 2 blessings that increases favor in events by 25%.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 27 February 19 at 03:25
Didn't the last patch come with two new questlines in the helm campaign?
I had all original 8 quests completed before patch, including the variants.
Only the free plays I haven't touched. But nothing new is available for me
Larvi
Larvi
Posted on 27 February 19 at 04:21
I only have 8 now too but the 2 at the bottom, Nimble Escape and Fugitives were only recently added for me.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 27 February 19 at 09:08
oh then i might have been mistaken...thanks
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.