Game Discussion: Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms Forum

Information & Resources (Ask Questions Here)

AuthorMessage
NO PULSE
NO PULSE
Posted on 28 February 19 at 19:07
Larvi said:
NO PULSE said:
Larvi said:
Finally got the 72 variant achievement tonight
Do you basically have to do all the variants in all three regions for this?
No, there is some leeway. I don't have an exact count but I probably have a dozen or so I haven't completed plus some I haven't unlocked yet. But I also completed every event variant up until now. The events happen every 3 weeks and have 6 variants that you can complete that will also count towards the 72. So the more event variants you do, the more of the main campaign variants you can skip.
Thanks. i think i screwed up last weekend and missed the variants while i was working on getting my favor up on the other two areas. =\

I think im close to having enough pieces to open a time gate though.
Larvi
Larvi
Posted on 28 February 19 at 22:28
The timegate events don't have any variants so you didn't miss anything there. The variants are part of the other events, like the Fleetswake event that just started today. They happen every 3 weeks.
NO PULSE
NO PULSE
Posted on 28 February 19 at 23:19
Hmmm. Ok. Thanks. Ill check it out when i get home tonight.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 01 March 19 at 01:10
I'm pretty sure that events counts as 2 missions with 2 variants each. Not 6 variants.
Larvi
Larvi
Posted on 01 March 19 at 01:32, Edited on 01 March 19 at 01:32 by Larvi
I haven't started the Fleetswake missions yet since I'm still doing freeplays but looking at the info reddit on the missions here: https://www.reddit.com/r/idlechampions/comments/avu31w/gaara...

I would think that these 6 missions should count as variants:

Second Mission: Thunder and Lightning
Cost: 250 Fresh Fish

Complete: Level 75

Reward: Gold Zorbu Chest & whatever Umberlee's Favor you earned

Info: A crazy storm blows in, affecting all outdoor areas. In addition to the wind and rain, lightning strikes your formation every 5 seconds, dealing 90% of max health unavoidable damage to a random Champion. When Zorbu "Thunderbolt" Natten is hit by the effect, his next normal attack does 10x damage.

Third Mission: Crashing Waves
Cost: 625 Fresh Fish

Complete: Level 125

Info: Only two of your formation's columns do damage at a time. Columns change every 10 areas. Start with back two (slots 4-9), then middle two (slots 2-6), then front two (slots 0-3), then front and back (0-1 & 7-9), then repeat.

Fourth Mission: The Shipwright's Ball
Cost: 1,250 Fresh Fish

Complete: Level 175

Info: Two Shipwrights take up slots (2, 9) in the formation. The Shipwrights dance with adjacent Champions, swapping the position of two random adjacent Champions every 15 seconds (the one in slot 9 swaps 6 and 8, while the one in slot 2 swaps two of 0, 3, and 4).

Second Mission: Umberlee's Deluge
Cost: 1,000 Fresh Fish

Reward: Gold Black Viper Chest & whatever Umberlee's Favor you earned

Info: Sea Spawn monsters appear and attack the formation, growing in number the further you progress. These Sea Spawn monsters drop no gold and do not count towards quest progress.

Third Mission: Tightfisted Foes
Cost: 2,500 Fresh Fish

Info: The Black Viper starts in the formation. Only enemies killed by The Black Viper drop gold.

Fourth Mission: Extra DEXterous
Cost: 5,000 Fresh Fish

Info: Champions are augmented based on their Dexterity (DEX) scores:

10 or less: Global DPS reduced by 50% (stacks).

11–12: Enemies move 2x faster (stacks).

13–14: Gold Find increased by 25% (stacks).

15–16: Global DPS increased by 50% (stacks).

17–20: Increases Champion's damage by 300%.
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 01 March 19 at 07:35
Larvi said:
I haven't started the Fleetswake missions yet since I'm still doing freeplays but looking at the info reddit on the missions here: https://www.reddit.com/r/idlechampions/comments/avu31w/gaara...

I would think that these 6 missions should count as variants:

Second Mission: Thunder and Lightning
Cost: 250 Fresh Fish

Info: A crazy storm blows in, affecting all outdoor areas. In addition to the wind and rain, lightning strikes your formation every 5 seconds, dealing 90% of max health unavoidable damage to a random Champion. When Zorbu "Thunderbolt" Natten is hit by the effect, his next normal attack does 10x damage.

Third Mission: Crashing Waves
Cost: 625 Fresh Fish

Info: Only two of your formation's columns do damage at a time. Columns change every 10 areas. Start with back two (slots 4-9), then middle two (slots 2-6), then front two (slots 0-3), then front and back (0-1 & 7-9), then repeat.

Fourth Mission: The Shipwright's Ball
Cost: 1,250 Fresh Fish

Info: Two Shipwrights take up slots (2, 9) in the formation. The Shipwrights dance with adjacent Champions, swapping the position of two random adjacent Champions every 15 seconds (the one in slot 9 swaps 6 and 8, while the one in slot 2 swaps two of 0, 3, and 4).

Second Mission: Umberlee's Deluge
Cost: 1,000 Fresh Fish

Info: Sea Spawn monsters appear and attack the formation, growing in number the further you progress. These Sea Spawn monsters drop no gold and do not count towards quest progress.

Third Mission: Tightfisted Foes
Cost: 2,500 Fresh Fish

Info: The Black Viper starts in the formation. Only enemies killed by The Black Viper drop gold.

Fourth Mission: Extra DEXterous
Cost: 5,000 Fresh Fish

Info: Champions are augmented based on their Dexterity (DEX) scores:

10 or less: Global DPS reduced by 50% (stacks).

11–12: Enemies move 2x faster (stacks).

13–14: Gold Find increased by 25% (stacks).

15–16: Global DPS increased by 50% (stacks).

17–20: Increases Champion's damage by 300%.
This is correct. Every Event Champion mission after the initial unlock quest is a variant. So in a double Champion event like now, you get 6 variants total.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 01 March 19 at 13:28, Edited on 01 March 19 at 13:29 by TheMaize
sorry. i forgot there were 8 missions...so yeah, i completely agree.
I believed there were 6.

also during events, i farm as many freeruns as i can get credits for. as i then atleast get something out of them. (event chests)
NO PULSE
NO PULSE
Posted on 01 March 19 at 16:31
Well, 6 steps closer will be nice. Plus the favor transfer to wherever i need it the most to clean up the rest of them.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 02 March 19 at 04:19, Edited on 02 March 19 at 06:08 by TheMaize
sometimes it doesnt seem like they think when they make the quests and variants for events.
Like in the current one. First variant, reach level 75. Zorbu deals 10 times damage if hit by lightning....and whats the chance you are gonna unlock zorbu (in the last character row) before you reach level 75 in an event? also the negative modifier (random character get hit by lightning for 90% of max health every 5 seconds) is pretty insane too, for such an early quest.
KilldbyNecropsy
Posted on 02 March 19 at 14:22
That lightning modification was a pain... had several resets in the first couple levels. Eventually became a breeze with song of protection buff.
Twigleaf Twigs
Posted on 07 March 19 at 06:46
Has anyone tackled Black Viper's Second Variant mission?
Variant Mission: Tightfisted Foes

This is the one, where only Black Viper earns gold on kills. How should this be set up, character leveling wise? Should I always keep BV the highest DPS, by intentionally not leveling others? If he is underpowered, then he cannot make money I assume, because he wont get kills.

Now, that said, the mission lists as Green... however, even on free play, I am topping out at around stage 230 . At this point, a weekend bonus is only going to grant me 10 to 15 further stages. I am just curious about the strategy on this one. Seems like it will be a lot of babysitting, and slow gold earning.

Will Paultin's Lucky bonus apply? He is a gold digger, in the literal sense of the word. The last event, was the first event that I actually completed all 10 milestones ( Grand Revel )... So, I am hoping I can knock this weeks event out a bit easier, as I am stronger now. But only 1 toon earning gold, at least reading that, seems like stage 125 is 3 days off.
Chucklestyle
Chucklestyle
Posted on 07 March 19 at 08:25
Twigleaf Twigs said:
Has anyone tackled Black Viper's Second Variant mission?
Variant Mission: Tightfisted Foes

This is the one, where only Black Viper earns gold on kills. How should this be set up, character leveling wise? Should I always keep BV the highest DPS, by intentionally not leveling others? If he is underpowered, then he cannot make money I assume, because he wont get kills.

Now, that said, the mission lists as Green... however, even on free play, I am topping out at around stage 230 . At this point, a weekend bonus is only going to grant me 10 to 15 further stages. I am just curious about the strategy on this one. Seems like it will be a lot of babysitting, and slow gold earning.

Will Paultin's Lucky bonus apply? He is a gold digger, in the literal sense of the word. The last event, was the first event that I actually completed all 10 milestones ( Grand Revel )... So, I am hoping I can knock this weeks event out a bit easier, as I am stronger now. But only 1 toon earning gold, at least reading that, seems like stage 125 is 3 days off.
I played active to knock this one out. Killing distractions still dropped gold, and if you have the favor to hit area 225 in free play this will be no issue. Also you start with BV already unlocked and in formation, so you're not scrambling to hire folks or earn gold until that point. I'd block off an hour and hammer this one out so you can ditch it immediately after completing.
Twigleaf Twigs
Posted on 07 March 19 at 21:24
Thanks Chucklestyle . I have a couple hours tonight to actively work on it. I was fearing it was one I might have to babysit a lot. Distractions dropping $$$ will help. I doubt I will be able to get my PA level up to knock out 80 stages though.

On an off topic question.... With Black Viper, do you think quick-swapping her into formation "before" the boss loot opens gives a chance at a jewel? Or does she have to actually hit the boss, etc. She is useful, but I really don't want her taking a slot, for a 25/33 % chance of a jewel every 5 levels. You can't even unlock that skill until around area 45-50, give or take. So, if she is in party full time, a full run is lucky to net 6-10 jewels. The reward Tier seems to have her Level 10 Jewel Buff at around 6500 collected jewels. That is just a development disaster of a requirement. Very few people are going to even attempt past the 300 jewel milestone. Not even on a PC where you can script idle. Console is ridiculous place for this character's buffs, as it does not multitask. Sure, the game will run indefinitely with unplugged controller, but if you swap to a video app or DVD player, after 5 min, it shuts off. I thought I was going to like the long term of this game, but on a console, I am thinking its over once/if I get the 1000 GS. PC would be a different story, as it multi tasks games well.
Chucklestyle
Chucklestyle
Posted on 08 March 19 at 00:17
Yes, as long as you get BV into the formation after boss kill but before the gem bag opens there is a chance of a red gem drop.

For me that's too much work when I still have a ton of free play runs to do though :P
NO PULSE
NO PULSE
Posted on 11 March 19 at 15:58
Chucklestyle said:
Yes, as long as you get BV into the formation after boss kill but before the gem bag opens there is a chance of a red gem drop.

For me that's too much work when I still have a ton of free play runs to do though :P
I dont think that's how that works. There was a visual glitch a version or so back that showed the contents of the bag as it bounce across the screen. I dont think its randomized at the moment of the bag opening. Maybe at the moment the boss is killed though?
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 11 March 19 at 17:09
NO PULSE said:
Chucklestyle said:

I dont think that's how that works. There was a visual glitch a version or so back that showed the contents of the bag as it bounce across the screen. I dont think its randomized at the moment of the bag opening. Maybe at the moment the boss is killed though?
I'm not certain if you can manipulate the bag drops after the boss is dead. But I recommend people put Black Viper in your formation in place of your primary DPS in the early phases of every run while you're in the levels where your click damage is one shotting everything for you.

You can leave her in there for a long time after that too if you have a lot of favor for upgrades and decent gear. I usually leave her in until the DPS drops off or we wall out after I walk away for a while. Then swap in your primary DPS and push to the end of the run. You should get a good 10 plus per run doing this. It's RNG so YMMV. I've had as many as 20 and as few as 8 before. Good luck and happy grinding. toast
NO PULSE
NO PULSE
Posted on 11 March 19 at 20:27
Yeah, i use her in every formation that I can at this point.

Sadly a lot of the formations im doing dont involve her at the moment.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 12 March 19 at 11:24
is she even worth getting the gems for though?
i got around 100 gems now, and she is still the worst DPS hero i got.
NO PULSE
NO PULSE
Posted on 12 March 19 at 13:47
I think people on reddit were saying that once she's got enough gems that she's pretty powerful
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 12 March 19 at 14:07
TheMaize said:
is she even worth getting the gems for though?
i got around 100 gems now, and she is still the worst DPS hero i got.
NO PULSE said:
I think people on reddit were saying that once she's got enough gems that she's pretty powerful
Yeah apparently if you get something like 6800 she gets a permanent 128 x bonus on her damage. She could be great if properly geared. Assuming she gels well with your synergies or you make a dedicated formation for her. Not sure yet. It'll take weeks to get that many.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.