Game Discussion: Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms Forum

Information & Resources (Ask Questions Here)

AuthorMessage
NO PULSE
NO PULSE
Posted on 12 March 19 at 15:27
She should be good to place when people grind for the 250 freeplays. That will get you some gems.

Sadly Im working on the 72 variants achievement and wasting all my potions.
QuickMythril
QuickMythril
Posted on 12 March 19 at 20:27
I doubt she will ever beat my arkhan. usurp is too powerful. anyway regarding the red gems from the bag issue, Justin posted this in reddit:

"Gold drops from bosses happen immediately upon the boss dying (based on the area and monster properties -- so all client side), but the contents of the loot sack come back from a server call, and that server call is what determines if Jewel Thief proc'd or not."

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/idlechampions/comments/b0a576/idle_...
NO PULSE
NO PULSE
Posted on 14 March 19 at 18:52
Cool. While I grind out the 250 free play runs Im throwing her in for a chance to grab some red gems. I currently have 278 or so red gems for her.

Super curious how much money was spent by the people who 100%'d so far. I know ive dumped quite a bit of money into the game (more than what a AAA title costs).

For me though its just a slow burn to 250.

QuickMythril, any idea if the devs will ever update the game to have new achievements?
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 14 March 19 at 20:13
NO PULSE said:
Cool. While I grind out the 250 free play runs Im throwing her in for a chance to grab some red gems. I currently have 278 or so red gems for her.

Super curious how much money was spent by the people who 100%'d so far. I know ive dumped quite a bit of money into the game (more than what a AAA title costs).

For me though its just a slow burn to 250.

QuickMythril, any idea if the devs will ever update the game to have new achievements?
I finished the game yesterday. I spent $25 personally. I bought the Founders Pack and the Black Cat familiar. Nothing else even though it was tempting.
NO PULSE
NO PULSE
Posted on 15 March 19 at 02:16
BloodGodAlucard said:
I finished the game yesterday. I spent $25 personally. I bought the Founders Pack and the Black Cat familiar. Nothing else even though it was tempting.
Wow!

Yeah, im hoping to be in a low number completion.
Larvi
Larvi
Posted on 15 March 19 at 03:38
I spent $15, the founder pack and some gold chests for Paultin.
NO PULSE
NO PULSE
Posted on 15 March 19 at 16:07
Looks like i overspent by a LOT! sleep
BemusedBox
BemusedBox
Posted on 15 March 19 at 18:49
Spent 10 dollars on deekin right at the start but that was it grinded lots of free plays for gems instead of spending more.New achievements are a possibility they do alot of updates it's why I'm still playing it, though more casually.
QuickMythril
QuickMythril
Posted on 16 March 19 at 02:09, Edited on 16 March 19 at 02:10 by QuickMythril
NO PULSE said:
CNEJustin (March 12, 2019): Adding console achievements is a little more involved, which is why we went the route we did with them (more general game achievements). We may still add new console achievements with major feature releases.

from: https://www.reddit.com/r/idlechampions/comments/b0a576/idle_...
NO PULSE
NO PULSE
Posted on 16 March 19 at 03:29
Thanks Quick!
Skeptical Mario
Posted on 17 March 19 at 14:22
Am I the first completion not to spend any money?
KilldbyNecropsy
Posted on 17 March 19 at 14:58, Edited on 17 March 19 at 14:58 by KilldbyNecropsy
I've only bought the founders pack... and then I panicked and bought birdsong. So $40. I can't see myself putting anymore money into it.
Uplink oo Seven
Posted on 18 March 19 at 16:00
Make me feel like a big spender lol I got the 10 dollar pack for 2 heroes then bough 2 familiars 1 for 5, 1 for 10 so I'm 35$ in and just trying to finish the 250 free plays (72% done) and the 72 variants (77%)
QuickMythril
QuickMythril
Posted on 18 March 19 at 23:05
there are people who play on pc and have spend hundreds (or even more O_O ) and they don't even get achievements!! so don't feel bad about spending. honestly these guys are a cool team and they deserve some support.
NO PULSE
NO PULSE
Posted on 19 March 19 at 00:47
A little over $230 with tax. toast

sleep
wildandcrazygal
Posted on 19 March 19 at 20:38
Hi everyone. Just started playing this game recently. It's my first foray into games of the "idle" type. There's a lot to read through in this thread so forgive me if this was asked before. When it comes to game progress, I've noticed no obvious way to save. So for example, say I start one of the get to level 100 variants and need to quit before I finish. Is my only option to complete adventure and start over another time? Or if I simply exit will it save my progression and pick up where I left off the next time I log on? Secondly, the day I started playing there was 1 day left on one of the events. I got to level 50 on it and unlocked a new champion. The next time I went to play that event it said something about not having earned enough gold but the pop up disappeared before I could read it all. I never got to level 75 before the event ended and I cannot access the new champion Zorbu at all. Can anyone fill me in on what I need to know about how the events work before the next one starts? Thanks in advance.
wildandcrazygal
Gortus
Gortus
Posted on 19 March 19 at 21:18
Generally it auto-saves every time you start a new area - watch the lower right hand corner and a "saving" message will flash very quickly. Next time you start the game it will pick up where you were last time it saved. It will also automatically give you a little gold earned while you were gone.

The event... a couple things could be going on here. It's possible you never Completed the very first time through to receive the champion, but it doesn't sound like that's the case. More likely you just didn't complete any variants or free plays to get chests of gear for him, and you're having trouble finding Zorbu in your roster. You can only have one champion active for each of the 12 slots, and Zorbu lives in slot 12.

Go to the right-most default champion (Arkhan) and hit the Y button for details. In the upper right hand corner of his detail page, hopefully Zorbu is there waiting to be swapped in with the Y button. If not, you missed out on him this time around. Which is no big deal, you won't be using slot 12 any time soon and when you do your Arkhan will be much better geared (and better for most formations anyway).

The best guide to events in general is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/idlechampions/comments/9q80kb/gaara...
wildandcrazygal
Posted on 19 March 19 at 22:00
Thanks Gortus. You cleared everything up for me. Zorbu was actually in the on deck position so to speak. And I figured the game might be auto saving but just in case I didn't want to go logging out only to return and find out I had lost all progress and gold. I've learned the hard way that what seems logical or typical based on other game experiences isn't always what happens, lol.
wildandcrazygal
MightyLordSeth
Posted on 22 March 19 at 16:34
General Rant not aimed at anyone..
I never understood the problem with dropping cash on free to play games. People will spend $60-70 on Anthem or w/e the next one is and it will end up being trash and dead in a year. That's because that company already has your money.. On the other hand, f2p games have to be decent and constantly release content or they fail. The internet also rips them apart if they're not balanced and it's too much about the money. The market has changed.. the greatest value for your dollar is now f2p. Almost every game I bought back in 2014 is dead but the frost prime I bought back when I started Warframe.. I used that yesterday. This game already passed its 1st year, people seem to like it and if it stays successful should be around for a few more. With any luck, Evelyn will still be stacking bonuses and popping title update achievements in 2022.. And if not w/e I still enjoyed the game. People act like these companies are evil and it's some kind of badge of honor to get through with $0 spent. All I see are people wasting time and thinking the world owes them something.. As far as money giving an advantage.. of course, it does.. but all the money in the world isn't gonna set up your formation correctly. I stopped posting in here because you guys answered your own questions every time. No one matched my results because Arkham, minsc and strix are not dps characters.. but hey I guess you'll finish eventually.. lol. The state of gaming nowadays saddens me.. It seems people rather spend all day looking for a gun in the bushes then putting a proper build together. Last bit of advice.. buy the waffle crew and go play Warframe. :)
Skeptical Mario
Posted on 22 March 19 at 18:21
I enjoyed the game too. Buying familiars and champions would have made the game easier and faster, but not more enjoyable.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.