Game Discussion: Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms Forum

Information & Resources (Ask Questions Here)

AuthorMessage
Gortus
Gortus
Posted on 17 December 18 at 14:51
Thanks - still overwhelmed but that helps. ;)

Do you receive or become able to buy a familiar with in-game currency at 66, or do you have to get to 66 just to be able to use one bought with $?
QuickMythril
QuickMythril
Posted on 17 December 18 at 15:02, Edited on 17 December 18 at 15:12 by QuickMythril
regarding familiars before 66. that's a good question. I will let you know as soon as I can find an answer to that.

EDIT: you can buy them before 66, but you cannot access them until reaching area 66 on any adventure.
Weezleram
Weezleram
Posted on 17 December 18 at 16:12
I played Crusaders of the Lost Idols (by the same devs or at least same publisher) for quite a while. People had created all kinds of in-depth calculators for what (blessings in this game) to purchase. Do any of those exist for this game?

Thanks for all your help and the link to the basic spreadsheet of the most efficient progression of purchasing levels to certain abilities. That's just what I needed for the basic early-game stuff.
Stream Family
Stream Family
Posted on 17 December 18 at 16:18, Edited on 17 December 18 at 16:49 by Stream Family
I'm just starting out but formations are really throwing me. Any tips for formations starting out up to Minsc?

Edit spelled Minsc as Minx for some reason
https://mixer.com/StreamFamily
The Duggler 101
Posted on 17 December 18 at 16:31
I think if your goal is to just get all the achievements, assuming of course nothing new gets added to them, if you buy the founders pack and the black cat familiar pack, you won’t have to buy any of the real money chest bundles and can still progress much faster without having to monitor what is going on.

You will have the 2 paid for familiars, and can get 5 more for gems. 3, does all your clicking achievements, and 6 can give you your distraction achievement, but putting 5 for the auto attack makes everything progress wayyyyyy faster. That still leaves you with 2 extra familiars, one for your main dps guy to auto level, and I guess another for either the auto abilities or throwing it into the auto attack to also hit the distractions for extra gold.

Unless you want to keep playing after 1000/1000, I wouldn’t put in any more money than that.

Also with the founders pack, you get a week long +50% gem drops from bosses. I just bought it and after opening the chests, I have over 5k gems already. Don’t waste them on silver chests, use them for the instore familiars. Let the game do the work for you.
QuickMythril
QuickMythril
Posted on 17 December 18 at 19:03, Edited on 17 December 18 at 19:04 by QuickMythril
weezle, yeah in the discord there are many players working on spreadsheet and calculators all the time. https://discord.gg/idlechampions

stream, thanks for visiting me (at https://mixer.com/QuickMythril ) happy to give tips. also many helpful people in the discord as well for formation advice.

duggler, agreed the founders pack is a good deal and a good first purchase. they have said they plan to keep it at the current price, as a permanent "on sale" deal. so if undecided, you can wait and see if it's right for you. if you are mainly concerned with getting the 1000 GS, the variants is going to be the main long term goal. you will definitely need high favor and good gear to complete the hardest ones.

gems are certainly not "wasted" on silver chests. also familiars are very nice, but on xbox you can just hold down B to click constantly. 1000 crows was actually pretty easy to do manually. you don't really HAVE to buy anything with cash. buying the right things (with gems or cash) will help speed your progress, but you can also "stunt your growth" by doing things like spending thousands of gems on a familiar early on when you are severely lacking in gear.

also not sure what you mean by "5 for the auto attack". it only takes one to auto attack. having 5 will let them pick up the gem bag for you from bosses, saving you about 2 seconds every 5 areas. :D
https://idle-champions.wikia.com/wiki/Familiars
SkinnyBoi1985
SkinnyBoi1985
Posted on 17 December 18 at 20:22
what would you suggest is most efficient way to spend favours? I'm currently using them 75% of each run for gold increase bonus, and then spending the remaining 25% in the store for the dps bonus etc, I did much the same in clicker heroes to gradually get further and quicker in each subsequent run, this sound about right or would you suggest different ratios?
QuickMythril
QuickMythril
Posted on 17 December 18 at 20:32
generally the rule of thumb is to buy blessings when they only cost 1% of your unspent favor, and try not to have spent more than 10% in total. (this is why a warning pops up anytime the cost is over 1%.)

some blessings are not very useful for the cost (like the extra gold from distractions, or male/female DPS if your main DPS is the other gender), so it's fine skipping them. also there are a few that increase gold find directly, so you can actually spend favor and end up with more gold.
SkinnyBoi1985
SkinnyBoi1985
Posted on 17 December 18 at 21:24
tyvm for reply
Baig
Baig
Posted on 17 December 18 at 22:38
QuickMythril, anything we should do to prepare for the time gates/events other than try to get the all campaign and event blessings?
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 18 December 18 at 00:24
I have a question about the blacksmithing consumables. It says it levels up a piece of equipment on a character of my choice. But I was wondering if I should save these until I have all purple and gold equipment or if I should use them now since it will evolve the gear to a higher tier. For example, white to green, green to blue, blue to purple, or purple to gold.

Just looking for confirmation that's the way the mechanic works. Does it? I wasn't sure if the equipment evolves as it levels up since I noticed I got dupes that leveled my items. But when I got new rarity tiers it appeared to be different items all together. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to waste items. Thank you.
Zeraag
Zeraag
Posted on 18 December 18 at 00:26
Tried to google this and couldn't find an answer.

Last night I was looking for the event but couldn't find it. Do you have to make it a certain amount of the way into the game or was I missing something obvious.
QuickMythril
QuickMythril
Posted on 18 December 18 at 07:22
baig, yeah mainly the global 2x damage blessings would be most helpful for time gates. as well as gear, since that boosts your champs directly. you start the TG as a fresh campaign with 0 gold find bonus, so extra initial power helps out.
some extra info: https://idle-champions.wikia.com/wiki/EVENTS/Time_Gates

alucard, when you get duplicates of gear it increases the item level, which adds a bit to the value of the buff. changing the color / rarity is basically adding another multiplier to that. but it carries over, level 10 blue, won't start over at level 1 purple. item levels will not increase the rarity, they are separate things. people tend to save blacksmithing contracts for event champs, since you have a limited amount of gear for them. the core champs get gear from normal chests which you can buy with gems.
see: https://idle-champions.wikia.com/wiki/Equipment

zeraag, the event (Simril) that just ended on PC and Tablet was not included on console release. they didn't want people to start part way through, and figured there is already a lot for new players to take in. in a few days we will have a time gate opening, which is like a 72 hour long "mini-event". then in about a week we should have Wintershield (Year 2), which will last about two weeks, and bring two new champs: Barrowin from this event last year, and Nerys who'll be new for everyone.
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 18 December 18 at 07:43
Thanks for the information Mythril. I'll save all of the blacksmithing stuff for the event champions then. I appreciate the advice. Should I also conserve potions for events? I haven't been using them since I figured they'd be better used later on. Is that a bad idea? I'm just not sure if it's smarter to plan ahead or go all in now to speed up initial progression. Seems pretty slow going at the moment.

And when would you recommend redeeming bounties? At the start of a day resuming an adventure to push a little progress, at the end of a run to beat an extra boss maybe, or at the start of a playthrough to get a fast start?
Zeraag
Zeraag
Posted on 18 December 18 at 07:47
QuickMythril thanks for the reply. Was driving me crazy as I don't mind digging around for info but that was evading me.
Baig
Baig
Posted on 18 December 18 at 09:29
Alucard, those bounties are worthless outside of events where you get event tokens out of them, it’s offline gold they give instead of just normal gold, it amounts to basically nothing. I used some greens at the end of one of my runs and got basically nothing. Events it would help you speed up a bit.
QuickMythril
QuickMythril
Posted on 18 December 18 at 10:30, Edited on 18 December 18 at 10:32 by QuickMythril
yeah contracts are the only way to get extra tokens besides the standard rate of 2/min. (and a late game blessing.) so generally only use them during events.

potions are most effective when stacked together. +400% is the same as Times 5, so if you use that along with the +300% (Times 4), you will end up with +1900% (Times 20). it can be confusing the way it is written in-game. different value potions will multiply, but the same potions will only add to their times.

for this reason i tend to use potions on weekends, when there are extra buffs that can stack with the potions. also speed potions speed up your game, but not the potion timers. so if you are running at 5x, all your potions will last 5 times as long.

people suggest to mostly only open silver chests at the end of a run, just before resetting. this is because offline gold, distraction, contracts, and chests all give Gold amounts based on your current DPS and your highest area completed. it makes sense to get more gold from opening chests (giving you more favor / gold find for next run).

https://idle-champions.wikia.com/wiki/Potions
https://idle-champions.wikia.com/wiki/Contracts
QuickMythril
QuickMythril
Posted on 18 December 18 at 17:53
just to make people aware there is a weekly Q&A on reddit, and it's happening right now:
https://www.reddit.com/r/idlechampions/comments/a7d9g4/idle_...

if you have any questions / feedback / etc, Dylan is available for a few hours, then there is a stream today too at:
https://mixer.com/idlechampions
or https://www.twitch.tv/dnd
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 18 December 18 at 18:26
Wow thanks a lot guys. I've been wasting resources. I'll start using them right from now on. And I appreciate the info about events and contracts. I'll take all that into account too. toast
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 19 December 18 at 07:33
Okay, not to be stingy, because I am totally behind supporting indie devs as much as possible...

But what is the best plan of attack for those of us not planning to purchase any other characters or other things? I noticed the Google doc in the OP listing several characters that needed to be purchased.

Yeah, it'll take longer, but any suggestions about how to go from there?
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.