Game Discussion: Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms Forum

Information & Resources (Ask Questions Here)

AuthorMessage
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 21 December 18 at 22:36
Cool. Thanks for the info Mythril. I waited until I heard from you before making a selection. I'll grab Farideh then. I like Tieflings, so I was leaning towards her anyway. lol
BemusedBox
BemusedBox
Posted on 22 December 18 at 03:39
Got Deekin in my first time gate opened another offering me Binwin/Catti-brie/Barrowin any recommendations.
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 22 December 18 at 04:11
BemusedBox said:
Got Deekin in my first time gate opened another offering me Binwin/Catti-brie/Barrowin any recommendations.
I didn't realize you could open a second gate. Did you just close it yourself after you did the two missions for the first champion? I was under the impression you could open one right now.

I read that Barrowin is good.
DANIELJJ14
DANIELJJ14
Posted on 22 December 18 at 04:13
Don’t pick Barrowin as you’ll be able to get him guaranteed in the event next week, not sure who’s better between the other two though.
Sandman Prime
Sandman Prime
Posted on 22 December 18 at 04:21
QuickMythril said:
Birdsong is good but it can depend a little.
I had Warden, Stoki and Birdsong as my choices. Blood said to go with Birdsong so I did. Seemed to think I should invest in the chest bundle, since they can be extremely good, was hoping for some advice? :)
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 22 December 18 at 04:29
Sandman Prime said:
QuickMythril said:
Birdsong is good but it can depend a little.
I had Warden, Stoki and Birdsong as my choices. Blood said to go with Birdsong so I did. Seemed to think I should invest in the chest bundle, since they can be extremely good, was hoping for some advice? :)
Found this. It's an overview of each event and champion. Also has formation suggestions and a tier list. toast

https://www.reddit.com/r/idlechampions/comments/8uo20j/gaara...
BemusedBox
BemusedBox
Posted on 22 December 18 at 04:40
BloodGodAlucard said:
BemusedBox said:
I didn't realize you could open a second gate. Did you just close it yourself after you did the two missions for the first champion? I was under the impression you could open one right now.

I had six time gate pieces so yeah just closed the gate and opened another one.
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 22 December 18 at 05:04
BemusedBox said:
BloodGodAlucard said:
BemusedBox said:

I had six time gate pieces so yeah just closed the gate and opened another one.
Cool. I knew you could open one on your own. Just didn't know you could do it within 3 days of one already opening. Thanks for the info.
QuickMythril
QuickMythril
Posted on 22 December 18 at 14:12
just to toss this idea out there:
my first gate was barrowin (next event), regis (event after that), nrakk.

most likely I won't end up using them in my main team, especially with only two gold chests. finally I decided to get barrowin, even though she's coming up, because the events now have two champs you have to split your tokens between. this way I can focus more on the new champ and less on barrowin's gear (with the little head start).

of course my next one was regis, again, and two others who were unimportant enough that I can't remember right now. so I picked regis, for the same reason... was it my best choice?? I don't know, but it's not a big deal.
Gortus
Gortus
Posted on 22 December 18 at 18:09
Your next one? Did you open another gate with 6 time gate pieces, like BemusedBox above?

Is there an advantage to doing it right after the opened time gate? Once you've got to level 75 for the second chest, is there any reason to continue doing the open time gate?
QuickMythril
QuickMythril
Posted on 22 December 18 at 18:29, Edited on 22 December 18 at 18:31 by QuickMythril
you can gain some permanent favor by converting the time gate favor earned. the number of runs that would be helpful depends on how much favor you are currently earning on the permanent campaigns. yeah I closed mine after a few runs and then used my pieces. this way the weekend buffs are still in effect and I can progress a little more easily. for some, it may be better to use the weekend buffs towards torm directly. either way you start time gate adventures with 0 favor, so having the buffs helps if you just want to get the chests and close it too.

edit: also note, event and time gate favor always resets after converting. and you are forced to convert at the end of the gates, and shortly (a week I think) after the end of the big events. tokens and favor do not carry over to later events, even when the same ones roll around a year later.
Gortus
Gortus
Posted on 22 December 18 at 19:38
Good info, thanks again. Think I'll do a third run through the time gate and then open one manually.
QuickMythril
QuickMythril
Posted on 23 December 18 at 13:29
https://www.reddit.com/r/idlechampions/comments/a8tgcu/timeg...

this is a good overview to help decide between champs...
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 23 December 18 at 22:12
QuickMythril said:
https://www.reddit.com/r/idlechampions/comments/a8tgcu/timeg...

this is a good overview to help decide between champs...
Thanks for that. Very informative. toast I wish I had read that before picking my second champion. I had access to Deekin who is apparently amazing. But I chose smelly Wulfgar. FML lol
Facial La Fleur
Posted on 25 December 18 at 20:17
I've one multiple Free Play runs beyond stage 51 and often my rewards include 2 Time Gate pieces, but my Time Gate never actually has more than 2 pieces on it. Am I missing something? redface
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 25 December 18 at 20:53
Facial La Fleur said:
I've one multiple Free Play runs beyond stage 51 and often my rewards include 2 Time Gate pieces, but my Time Gate never actually has more than 2 pieces on it. Am I missing something? redface
You're probably not getting multiple pieces per run. The drop is incredibly rare. When you hold left trigger it shows you how many pieces, gems, and chests you currently have total. So if you get a new chest drop on that run and you had ten previously, it'll show 11. Don't feel bad, the gems constantly go up every 5 waves. So I can understand the confusion.

If you're actually seeing the piece drop after a boss dies and the total count isn't updating, then that sounds like a glitch. But the pieces aren't supposed to drop very often at all. So I think it's most likely just a mistake on your part.
QuickMythril
QuickMythril
Posted on 26 December 18 at 14:56
ok there is some confusion here: firstly this is not like Clicker Heroes where you go farther and the bosses drop more Souls. Gems are always the same drop you get between 4-9 (and there is a rare chance to get a triple bonus), plus there is the blessing that give you plus 1 gem each time.

so the min/max for gems is 4-27 (or 5-28 with the blessing). doesn't matter if you are killing the z5 or z500 boss. that's why people do gem runs where you go to 31 on Mad Wizard free play and then reset. there is no need to go farther unless you want to earn favor. for xbox and ps4 though i'd say probably do gem runs to 51, if you want to work on the Free Play achievement.

time gate pieces drop from bosses "rarely" but they are also on a timer. once you get a piece from a boss, a timer is generated that is between 5-6 days from that point. then once you reach the timer again, there is a chance for bosses to drop one again. seems to be close to the drop rates of chests for bosses, but we don't have an exact number.

when opening timegates, get to pick a champ out of 3 options. the champs are grouped into "tiers" or buckets. and you will get one champ from each group in the gates. you are also guaranteed to get one champ you still have not unlocked. when you choose a champ, you can unlock them if you donj't have them already, and get a gold chests for only them after z50. then you get another chest on the next adventure at z75. finally the 3rd adventure just exists as a Free Play in case you want to grind for TG favor to convert.

if you open a time gate and close it again before getting the two chests, you will be "refunded" one timegate piece per skipped chest (so 2 max). some people do this when their choices are not desirable at all. not sure where you are getting timegate pieces as a reward from free plays, but I think that is a misunderstanding... or maybe a bad glitch?
Facial La Fleur
Posted on 26 December 18 at 17:51
BloodGodAlucard said:
Facial La Fleur said:
You're probably not getting multiple pieces per run. The drop is incredibly rare. When you hold left trigger it shows you how many pieces, gems, and chests you currently have total. So if you get a new chest drop on that run and you had ten previously, it'll show 11. Don't feel bad, the gems constantly go up every 5 waves. So I can understand the confusion.

If you're actually seeing the piece drop after a boss dies and the total count isn't updating, then that sounds like a glitch. But the pieces aren't supposed to drop very often at all. So I think it's most likely just a mistake on your part.
Ah, I'm an idiot. Thought LT was showing what I'd get for completing the run. facepalm
QuickMythril
QuickMythril
Posted on 26 December 18 at 17:55
Nah that's current inventory
Gortus
Gortus
Posted on 26 December 18 at 21:09
Event seems to have started, any tips/guidance?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.