Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

THQ Nordic Buys Carmageddon IP From Stainless Games

AuthorMessage
DamnSilly
DamnSilly
Posted on 04 December 18 at 13:04
Honestly, we won't rule them out buying more before the end of the year

Please click here to read the story: THQ Nordic Buys Carmageddon IP From Stainless Games
OldSchoolBlood
Posted on 04 December 18 at 13:08
Buy "Shadows of the Damned" from EA next please.
fireiz
fireiz
Posted on 04 December 18 at 13:14
spend some of this money to reallocate some resources to fix the damn BFA achievement in DS2 DE!!
Have no fear, Amjad is here
True Marvellous
True Marvellous
Posted on 04 December 18 at 14:04
Waste of money!
GIVEAWAY 35 GAMES TO BE WON DRAW 5th JAN https://gleam.io/a5fvy/true-tubes-huge-xbox-one-digital-games-giveaway-over-35-games-spread-over-3-prizes
TrueAssassin86x
Posted on 04 December 18 at 14:27
True Marvellous said:
Waste of money!
Waste of comment roll
Fan of games not game companys. You dont like it tough. Im no winey fanboy.
Detox2033
Detox2033
Posted on 04 December 18 at 14:32
I love carmageddon since the late 90s on pc. so this are very good news for the brand in the future :)

New games from burnout series (not remasters!) would be great, too.
Princess Luna41
Posted on 04 December 18 at 15:07
Ah Nordic you bought it again.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 04 December 18 at 15:20
Carmageddon is God awful!
In a room full of emptiness
Donietsche
Donietsche
Posted on 04 December 18 at 16:22, Edited on 04 December 18 at 16:40 by Donietsche
OldSchoolBlood said:
Buy {#}Shadows of the Damned{#} from EA next please.
probably your comment was sarcastic (I loved that game, but I know it is far from being a masterpiece), but anyways... that wouldn't make much sense w/o the talents originally involved: Suda51, Yamaoka and Mikami. The idea of the game was all about having an all-star (japanese) team for a single project,

Asking for more shadows of the damned is basically asking for more suda51 games, and after SOTD there are more than a few to play (Killer is Dead for istance, which is far better than SOTD in my opinion; Lollipop Chainsaw etc.).

I can't really imagine what THQ Nordic (!) could do with that brand (which is not particularly relevant or valuable in itself)... the only thing that comes to mind is Silent Hill Downpour (in comparison to SH 1-3, and "The Room").

Honestly don't know about the Carmageddon deal either (I haven't played the most recent installment, I'm talking about the classic games)... the formula of the game worked great in the late 90s, but the nostalgia factor surely won't be enough to support a relaunch of the series (the formula nowadays is really dated; as I said before, I don't know about the 2016 game).

But you never know, maybe they will find a way to reinvent Carmageddon.

On a different note, I've just discovered that they also bought (one year ago more or less) the rights to Alone in the Dark; now that's a TOXIC brand, good luck with that lol
Otouto72
Otouto72
Posted on 04 December 18 at 17:17, Edited on 04 December 18 at 17:17 by Otouto72
o DEEVIUS o said:
I've never played this version but I vividly remember the old PlayStation game being dreadful. Surely it can't be as bad as that can it?
keoskey
keoskey
Posted on 04 December 18 at 17:18
Buy Fallout and Elder Scrolls from Bathesda
[url=http://xboxamerica.com/?r=card-23392][img]http://xboxamerica.com/gamercards/slim-summary/keoske
Tveilor
Tveilor
Posted on 04 December 18 at 18:00
I have only played the old Carmageddon games and I loved them, great fun and I hope they make something out of it.
Feel free to add me as a friend here on TA
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 04 December 18 at 18:04
Hopefully this means a new Carmageddon game for all platforms.

You can never have too much Carmageddon.
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 04 December 18 at 19:12
I used to play the original PC game all the damn time. I'd be okay with an HD remake of that.
Streets Ahead
Figbender
Figbender
Posted on 04 December 18 at 19:17
Otouto72 said:
o DEEVIUS o said:
I've never played this version but I vividly remember the old PlayStation game being dreadful. Surely it can't be as bad as that can it?
The recent version would be pretty good if the devs didnt use warm butter for the tires on every car. The game is still a bit of fun but the handljng is impossible to look past.
Rararity
Rararity
Posted on 04 December 18 at 20:17
They should buy Starbreeze next, they can probably get it pretty cheap now.
tajbender
tajbender
Posted on 04 December 18 at 22:56
Figbender said:
The recent version would be pretty good if the devs didnt use warm butter for the tires on every car. The game is still a bit of fun but the handljng is impossible to look past.
Handling isn't that bad, I hardly remember but I think I tweaked sensitivity a bit, but I really enjoyed the game at all and had no problems with the controls.

IMHO It's still a great game for everyone ever having fun with the original PC-versions 1 & 2. All other versions were rubbish cause of different developers, but Carma 1 & 2 on PC were really great games for their time, especially the physics!
you can't buy love, so buy games instead
Figbender
Figbender
Posted on 04 December 18 at 23:36
tajbender said:
Figbender said:
Handling isn't that bad, I hardly remember but I think I tweaked sensitivity a bit, but I really enjoyed the game at all and had no problems with the controls.

IMHO It's still a great game for everyone ever having fun with the original PC-versions 1 & 2. All other versions were rubbish cause of different developers, but Carma 1 & 2 on PC were really great games for their time, especially the physics!
Well at least someone liked the controls laugh. The slippery cars were the biggest complaint 99% of people that played had (just check the forums are reviews)
tajbender
tajbender
Posted on 05 December 18 at 10:05
Figbender said:
Well at least someone liked the controls laugh. The slippery cars were the biggest complaint 99% of people that played had (just check the forums are reviews)
Well, I didn't say the controls are great, but they are doable and not that bad some reviews wrote.

Also, don't forget it was a kickstarted project and not a triple A blockbuster release. I know that I'm not objective regarding Carmageddon cause I loved it back in the days and finally I can live with the remake.

It's just a matter of taste if you can still have fun with it although it has many issues. The loading times e.g. given are a real mess roll
you can't buy love, so buy games instead
Uncle Manwich
Uncle Manwich
Posted on 05 December 18 at 15:08
I really hope this works out. Although I really loved the last game, it was clear that their only target audience were major fans of the first two. It feels like it came straight out of the 90s; they made relatively little to no progress on most aspects of the game since the 2nd one and it suffered from awful loading times.

In the end, I'm just happy to see that the Carmageddon series is still alive and kickin'. Now if only they'd bring back Road Rash and Turok.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.