Game Discussion: Just Cause 4 Forum

Don't Choke on My Smoke - Glitched?

AuthorMessage
NellumNai
NellumNai
Posted on 04 December 18 at 21:48
Either I'm doing something wrong or the achievement is glitched. I've beaten someones score on several different feats now whilst manually tracking the feat and still no achievement...

Anyone else having this issue?

Feel free to add me on Xbox Live if you want to try and beat some of my scores, I'll happily have more than 1 friend to beat (only one of my friends has played so far).
Xv iLeGenDzZ vX
Posted on 04 December 18 at 22:08
I’m pretty sure a bunch of the achievements are glitched. I’m at Chaos Level 4 but the achievement for levelling it up once hasn’t unlocked. A bunch of the other achievements are not tracking correctly either.
NellumNai
NellumNai
Posted on 04 December 18 at 22:10
See, that one has popped for me and the one for 14 is tracking.. urgh, nothing worse than glitched achievements...!
Xv iLeGenDzZ vX
Posted on 04 December 18 at 22:11
The tracking never seems to function quite correctly 100% of the time, had achievements unlock like 6 months later for Forza Horizon 3.
NellumNai
NellumNai
Posted on 04 December 18 at 22:12
I had one of the barn find achievements glitch in that. Had to replay the first 3-4 hours of the game on a new save to get it. I was not impressed nor happy.
Xv iLeGenDzZ vX
Posted on 04 December 18 at 22:14
Yeah it’s ridiculous, I think my Just Cause ones are glitched because I dropped connection for about 10 seconds and it seems the achievements are tracked server-side. I made a little bit of progress and it’s thrown it right off. Very frustrating.
NellumNai
NellumNai
Posted on 04 December 18 at 22:20
Okay, so I've now got Don't Choke on My Smoke ... the only difference is I beat your score and Stallion83's score rather than just his. So assuming that means it'll work if you beat two friends?
Xv iLeGenDzZ vX
Posted on 04 December 18 at 22:26
Maybe so, I’ll try it tomorrow and have a look.
Bigboy1173
Bigboy1173
Posted on 05 December 18 at 01:31
my achievement for finding the lost tomb never unlocked (only glitched one so far though)
NellumNai
NellumNai
Posted on 05 December 18 at 11:27
Where exactly is that - I see 10 people have the achievement, I'll see if it pops for me?
Bigboy1173
Bigboy1173
Posted on 05 December 18 at 11:36
its javi's questline, have to find the hidden tombs, which gives a message to location of it
NellumNai
NellumNai
Posted on 05 December 18 at 11:40
Ahh right they're story related? I didn't know if I actually had to find them, I haven't started working on those yet. Got 1 feat left to do and a half dozen regions left to liberate - been working on those!
NellumNai
NellumNai
Posted on 05 December 18 at 16:07
Okay, so achievement tracking is glitched. I've just had the achievement for securing all factories pop halfway through a mission, and then out of nowhere the achievement for completing Windwalker popped as well - about an hour or so after completing that mission.

So yes - very, very glitchy achievement tracking - but keep positive, hopefully they'll pop for you!
DJ Batfink
DJ Batfink
Posted on 05 December 18 at 21:42
Thanks to NellumNai and letting me friend him, i got the "Don't Choke on My Smoke" first try
CraziestSock
CraziestSock
Posted on 06 December 18 at 07:36
Both this one and the one for finishing the Thunderbarge mission is glitched for me. Completed the mission 2 days ago and its stuck at 40% >.>
Craziestsock
NellumNai
NellumNai
Posted on 06 December 18 at 10:44
CraziestSock, my Windwalker mission got stuck at 40% then popped shortly after I finished Thunderbarge - actually, it popped when I started Sandstinger straight after. Did you do Thunderbarge first cos I did Windwalkerfirst? My only suggestion is try completing one of the other story missions and see - maybe the first one you do glitches and then pops when you do one of the other ones?
AK47 BeasTPro
AK47 BeasTPro
Posted on 06 December 18 at 15:13
CraziestSock same but 75%....
CraziestSock
CraziestSock
Posted on 06 December 18 at 22:23
Yeah I did the Windwalker one too and still didn't pop. LOL This game just proves that I have terrible luck. laugh
Craziestsock
Bigboy1173
Bigboy1173
Posted on 07 December 18 at 12:49
Ok so my glitched achievements:
I Like to Keep My Options Open (every grapple hook mod)
Knowledge is Power (Lost Tomb of Otorongo)
His Name is Luis (Help Sargento stop an invasion of Black Hand reinforcements)
Show Me the Way (Uncover every Ancient Statue)
...The Harder They Fall (Destroy every Surveillance Airship)
We Put a Giant Gun on It (Finish Operation Sandstinger)

Also the all feats achieve unlocked like 6 hours of game time after id done them all..
NellumNai
NellumNai
Posted on 07 December 18 at 15:29
The achievement for discovering every location isn't tracking properly for me either. It doesn't go up when I find a new location, and then jumps up if I dashboard, quit the game and go back in. Tracking is obviously busted.

Nightmare for a new game. I had been aiming to be the first to complete it but with the glitchy achievements and this weekend being fairly busy (it's my birthday weekend).. not looking likely anymore!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.