Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Will Dragon Age 4 Be Revealed at The Game Awards?

AuthorMessage
NicoleRenee00
Posted on 06 December 18 at 14:37
Three years, or this Thursday?

Please click here to read the story: Will Dragon Age 4 Be Revealed at The Game Awards?

External link: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-12-04-bioware-report...
pezboyben
pezboyben
Posted on 06 December 18 at 14:50
I hope so, I just recently got my introduction to the series with Inquisition and am now going to work my way through the earlier games. I would definitely welcome a new one!
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 06 December 18 at 15:03
I recall a few years back they were hinting at some sort of Dragon Age entry in the strategy genre. I wonder if it has anything to do with that - or if that ended up being a mobile or browser game.
mkdfan1990
mkdfan1990
Posted on 06 December 18 at 15:14
I love all the Dragon Age games, a new one would be fantastic!
CheshireMulisha
Posted on 06 December 18 at 15:32
Big fan of the series and Inquisition was such a great game so fingers crossed!
s3bb86
s3bb86
Posted on 06 December 18 at 16:06
pezboyben said:
I hope so, I just recently got my introduction to the series with Inquisition and am now going to work my way through the earlier games. I would definitely welcome a new one!
Origins is a great game. DA2...not so much. decent, but not good. DA:I was right in between for me.
Bayern Munich Supporter and NBA Junkie
British Legends
Posted on 06 December 18 at 16:15
pezboyben said:
Me too! Loved Inquisition.
NicoleRenee00
Posted on 06 December 18 at 16:21
s3bb86 said:
Origins is a great game. DA2...not so much. decent, but not good. DA:I was right in between for me.
I have essentially the same opinion on the three games. I thought that Inquisition took away some of the role-playing aspects that I liked from the first. Still excited to see the news!
"This is all Joker's fault! What a tool he was! Now I have to spend all day computing Pi because he plugged in the overlord."
OkayEA
OkayEA
Posted on 06 December 18 at 16:37
British Legends said:
pezboyben said:
Same here, I played Inquisition first then went back. DAI is my favourite, then DAO, then 2. It was kind of hard to go backwards from a gameplay aspect.
HuwCW87
HuwCW87
Posted on 06 December 18 at 16:37
I'm actually really looking forward to Anthem but I'd still be really hyped for some more dragon age.
xNSHD
Posted on 06 December 18 at 16:40
please no. its not coming out anytime soon anyway so just dont announce something that is gonna be 3 or more years off.
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 06 December 18 at 17:07
Dragon Age is one of my favorite series. Can't wait for a new game. I'd also love to see 4K remasters of Origins and DA2. Any excuse to replay those fantastic games with more gamerscore would be amazing.
BlackxRyan
BlackxRyan
Posted on 06 December 18 at 17:10
I absolutely loved Inquisition so yes please.

But I'm scared about all their games now after what happened with Andromeda. Bioware should split from EA in fact.
SheBeatsYou
SheBeatsYou
Posted on 06 December 18 at 17:12, Edited on 06 December 18 at 17:14 by SheBeatsYou
Was hoping for a remaster of DA Origins game myself along with a Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster. Casey Hudson said Da4 was at least 3 years off and they didn't even have a name yet so dunno what they would show other than a teaser and they never represent the game properly plus we already know they are working on it so seems pointless IMO. I really hope they ditch the action and go back to the strategy of the first game but we know that isn't gonna happen. Just don't make it a mobile game HAHA
Knoell
Knoell
Posted on 06 December 18 at 17:49
OkayEA said:
British Legends said:
pezboyben said:
Same here, I played Inquisition first then went back. DAI is my favourite, then DAO, then 2. It was kind of hard to go backwards from a gameplay aspect.
There were just too many fetch quests in DA:I for me. I still think it was a good game mostly because of the backstory linking to the previous games though. I really need to finish it but its been a few years and now Im stuck between continuing and not knowing what the heck is going on, and starting fresh and gigantic undertaking.
Rista B
Rista B
Posted on 06 December 18 at 18:05
Knoell said:
OkayEA said:
British Legends said:
pezboyben said:
I would definitely welcome a new one!
There were just too many fetch quests in DA:I for me. I still think it was a good game mostly because of the backstory linking to the previous games though.
I agree, outside of the main story line the quests weren't that interesting and it just felt like busy work. For all the hate DA2 gets, the characters and story line (including many of the side quests) were interesting and felt worthwhile.
Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
OkayEA
OkayEA
Posted on 06 December 18 at 19:35
Rista B said:
Knoell said:
OkayEA said:
British Legends said:
pezboyben said:
I would definitely welcome a new one!
There were just too many fetch quests in DA:I for me. I still think it was a good game mostly because of the backstory linking to the previous games though.
I agree, outside of the main story line the quests weren't that interesting and it just felt like busy work. For all the hate DA2 gets, the characters and story line (including many of the side quests) were interesting and felt worthwhile.
I totally get those complaints about DAI, but the side quests never really bothered me for some reason except for in the Hinterlands. The Hinterlands being the first major area was probably a mistake imo because it can be easy to get burnt out early on those side quests.
TheGreatKoala
TheGreatKoala
Posted on 06 December 18 at 20:18
I had forgotten about the game awards. I assume Pong is up for game of the year?
Cellar Attic
Cellar Attic
Posted on 06 December 18 at 21:32
Dear me, I hope so. Or soon.
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 07 December 18 at 00:12
I hope so. After the disappointing Magic announcement for TGA, I need something good from it.
#mentallypudding
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.