Bug Reports Forum

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

Can't edit a gaming session I created

AuthorMessage
vegansound
vegansound
Posted on 06 December 18 at 16:14
Hello everyone,

All is said in the title. I created a gaming session, but instead of setting it for tonight, I did it for tomorrow.

Why isn't there an edit button to correct it? And if there's one, why the hell is it so hard to find?

Thanks for the help.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 06 December 18 at 16:15
Once someone joins you cant edit them.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
vegansound
vegansound
Posted on 06 December 18 at 16:21
Damn, we don't have the right to make a mistake... That's too strict... Let's hope TA can change that, if we inform the people who joined and they agree, there should be no problem...

Thanks for the reply anyway.
Koding
Koding
Posted on 06 December 18 at 16:22
Spilner is correct. Once someone has joined a session, you cannot edit it nor delete. However, if you remove all participants from the session (using the red 'X' next to their name), then you can edit and/or delete the session.
54 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA!
vegansound
vegansound
Posted on 06 December 18 at 16:25
That's what I did, Koding. Too bad it has to go this way. Thank you for the confirmation.
Koding
Koding
Posted on 06 December 18 at 16:28
vegansound said:
Damn, we don't have the right to make a mistake... That's too strict... Let's hope TA can change that, if we inform the people who joined and they agree, there should be no problem...
Of course you have the right to make a mistake. That's why you have the ability to edit or delete your session. But the people who joined the session have rights also. Upon joining a session, a person is agreeing to be there at the time and date set in the session and trying for the achievements listed. Now imagine, after joining, the session owner changes something or everything. The date, the time, the achievements they're going for, maybe even the entire game. That wouldn't be fair to the people who already joined and agreed to all the other stuff. So that's why you're required to remove everyone before you change anything. They can then look at what you changed and decide if they want to join your newly modified session.
vegansound
vegansound
Posted on 06 December 18 at 16:37
Yes of course, I understand, but we can discuss in the comments to change the mistake. If I put 4pm and in fact I wanted to say 5pm, that's not a big mistake and I guess people who joined might be agreed with this changing, this 'detail'. If everyone is okay, the creator should be able to edit quickly and easily, instead of deleting everyone, change the time for 1 hour later, and reinvite everybody.

Anyway... cry
Koding
Koding
Posted on 06 December 18 at 16:47
And I can understand how in that case it would make it a bit easier. Feel free to ask for it here and maybe it will be added in the future.

Site Wishlist Forum
vegansound
vegansound
Posted on 06 December 18 at 16:49
Yep, I'll do that.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 06 December 18 at 23:03
Only takes one person to join a session, not come back to the site till after the start time and be unknowingly late /early and get hate for it. You must know how serious people take sessions. Someone not turning up is basically punishable by death some seem to think so this would only make it worse.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
JohnnyInterfnk
Posted on 07 December 18 at 19:42
I think the system works as is. If someone signs up, they've implicitly agreed to the terms of the session, and editing the session would unfairly put a burden on signees to keep monitoring the session for changes (even if an email notification is sent to them).

I know its annoying, but removing everyone, editing the session, then re-inviting them back is the best way to ensure that there isn't any time or achievement confusion as outlined above. Its the fairest way to do it.
Living Legends
Posted on 08 December 18 at 03:31, Edited on 08 December 18 at 03:36 by Living Legends
I agree, a session can be created to start in three hours. I wouldn't want a host to change the time while I am at work or asleep.

I just view it to be laziness by the original poster. Yesterday it was a mistake in removing somebody and not willing to create one and remove people. Now he can't make one correctly and wants to change time and dates without removing some people.

Also, make it apply only so before you add anyone you can still adjust the time and date. It's only a box to tick in creating a session.

Some users do not respond to messages or forum posts.
vegansound
vegansound
Posted on 08 December 18 at 17:48
Thanks for the replies, people.

Living Legends, I do agree that making a change without warning people would be my entire mistake and would be disrespectful to them, and that's not what I wanted to do. I thought participants could chat in the comment section below the session details, and agree all together the host's change request. If the new plans don't fit them, they can leave. Much quicker this way than deleting the x gamers and reinvite the x gamers then.

Anyway, I've learned from my mistakes, thanks for the help.
Living Legends
Posted on 08 December 18 at 19:25
The point is still if they don't read the forum post how are they going to leave. It's like session feedback, no other way has been brought up that works.

agree to disagree
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.