Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe Coming To Consoles in 2019

• ZerodactylZerodactyl249,045
    Posted on 07 December 18 at 12:59
    Can’t wait to see the TA ratio of the 5 years without playing achievement laugh
    Zerodactyl
  • NoHeroes94NoHeroes941,139,869
    Posted on 07 December 18 at 15:31, Edited on 07 December 18 at 15:40 by NoHeroes94
    Dresden N7 said:
    I don't think you guys will like the achievements if they're anything like the PC version...
    The achievements on steam are indeed very, very weird (TrueSteamAchievements).

I am pretty sure the list will have some of the same achievements but will not be a direct port over. Please don't quote me on this, as I've not done enough research, but I think Steam is much less strict on achievement rules for its games. I know there are no minimum quantity requirements (or indeed any requirement to have achievements, although TSP does have the minimum of 10), and I also know that games can and do delete achievements on the fly (tons of games have achievements that are not just unobtainable but also deleted). In general, steam achievements for some games can be super weird. One for Garry's mod required you play the game for over 8,000 hours, another in the same game requires you to be in the same server as the game's creator at the exact same time.

I think Xbox has some sort of requirement stipulating that an achievement when functioning properly has to be technically possible within the game for everyone playing. I.e., you aren't protected from individual achievements accidentally glitching but are from games just not letting you have the chance when the achievement is functioning normally. Would need to do some more research to clarify this.

On this basis, I would bet the "unachievable" achievement won't be on there, because its mainly done through accessing steam files on your computer. There is an in-game method, but it only works for 1 in 15 people which I highly doubt Xbox would allow.

I would also be surprised if they kept the 5 years without playing achievement, as it is much more awkward changing the time on your console, although this one is more possible and probably doesn't break any rules.
  • Noodles JrNoodles Jr1,333,710
    Posted on 08 December 18 at 09:40, Edited on 08 December 18 at 09:42 by Noodles Jr
    NoHeroes94 said:
    Dresden N7 said:
    I don't think you guys will like the achievements if they're anything like the PC version...
    The achievements on steam are indeed very, very weird (TrueSteamAchievements).

I am pretty sure the list will have some of the same achievements but will not be a direct port over. Please don't quote me on this, as I've not done enough research, but I think Steam is much less strict on achievement rules for its games. I know there are no minimum quantity requirements (or indeed any requirement to have achievements, although TSP does have the minimum of 10), and I also know that games can and do delete achievements on the fly (tons of games have achievements that are not just unobtainable but also deleted). In general, steam achievements for some games can be super weird. One for Garry's mod required you play the game for over 8,000 hours, another in the same game requires you to be in the same server as the game's creator at the exact same time.

I think Xbox has some sort of requirement stipulating that an achievement when functioning properly has to be technically possible within the game for everyone playing. I.e., you aren't protected from individual achievements accidentally glitching but are from games just not letting you have the chance when the achievement is functioning normally. Would need to do some more research to clarify this.

On this basis, I would bet the {#}unachievable{#} achievement won't be on there, because its mainly done through accessing steam files on your computer. There is an in-game method, but it only works for 1 in 15 people which I highly doubt Xbox would allow.

I would also be surprised if they kept the 5 years without playing achievement, as it is much more awkward changing the time on your console, although this one is more possible and probably doesn't break any rules.
    For the most part, Microsoft is significantly fairer with achievement lists than Steam, but you occasionally have a game like Brick Breaker or Deadliners slip through the cracks, which has achievements that human beings couldn't realistically pull off, however the impossible achievements have simple sounding descriptions, and so if they don't look into them a bit further, they let the impossible stuff slip by.

They wouldn't do this on purpose though, and the descriptions of the questionable achievements in Stanley Parable are not at all subtle, and so they would certainly be looked into. The Xbox One version definitely won't have the "impossible" achievement, it almost certainly won't have the Tuesday achievement, as they wouldn't want people leaving their Xboxes on for 24 straight hours, and it might have the 5-year wait. I say it might because of the notoriety of that achievement. It's arguably the most famous achievement on Steam. Plus, there are other Xbox games that have similar achievements (most I've seen is 6 months, in Crysis 2), but who knows, 5-years might be a bit too much for them.
  • BlackxRyanBlackxRyan1,070,980
    Posted on 08 December 18 at 13:45
    I didn't see that coming.

This game is amazing.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads