Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft Details the ID@Xbox Winter of Arcade

• MugenKairoMugenKairo252,581
    Posted on 08 December 18 at 09:22Permalink
    Ashen is definitely on my list, great setting with the potential for awesome backstory ad lore. Additional Monster Boy will make it to my collection one day as well. Glad to see Below is finally getting a release too, I remember that was delayed a few times.

But it will be 2019 will be the year I finally get to play that beloved-looking ID game: Tunic. That is literally the only game i'm really looking forward to playing.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,031,043
    Posted on 08 December 18 at 12:29Permalink
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Arent most of these in gamepass and/or will be?
    My thoughts exactly. The three that would interest me are all on Game Pass.

So if you have Game Pass your choice of buying 3 games become limited.

More games to choose from would be nice.

Plus with huge Backlog, GWG, Game Pass and still buying games when very cheap on sale there's little point paying full price for any of them.

The reward seems pretty small too

But if you don't suffer from above ailments like myself then there are some good games.
  • PauldnbPauldnb839,088
    Posted on 08 December 18 at 14:39Permalink
    Yeah its a shame really, if you already have subscriptions, 4 of these games will be in Game Pass ( Mutant Year Zero, Ashen, Kingdoms New Crown and Below )

And when you think that there could be an end of year sale, makes you think about waiting, but then you have a packed 2019, well for people who are abit more adventurous and like playing other types of games.

its a No from me this time, but maybe in the future if they have truly brought the Arcade back then maybe I will get games in the next one.
  • F TANKF TANK875,854
    Posted on 08 December 18 at 18:44Permalink
    Where is the Last Night? The game just disappeared after the developer triggered the faminazis. I thought it was supposed to come this last summer
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 December 18 at 19:56Permalink
    The Wet Chef said:
    Ohhhh i was so excited, until.

Winter of Arcade is running in the United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada.
    WHY just WHY
    angry
    Yeah even with the One European Digital Market, Xbox/MS only choose for 2 of the many EU states.
    Mixer & YT: KlikoTV
  • Posted on 09 December 18 at 00:59Permalink
    nothing for me
    audiosurf for xbox, please !
  • Posted on 09 December 18 at 03:00Permalink
    Donut County looks pretty interesting. I feel like if I can find one more game on that list that I'd be interested in I'd hop in. I'll take the $5 back laugh
  • Posted on 09 December 18 at 03:45Permalink
    But its Summer here not Winter.
    What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
  • omgeezusomgeezus796,319
    Posted on 09 December 18 at 06:40Permalink
    This is the first I've heard of Donut County and it makes me think it could be like a variant on Beautiful Katamari - can't wait!

The price points on a lot of these games make it hard to buy them for the winter promotion. The return on it just doesn't outweigh the cost in this case cry
    I CANNOT GET OFF MY CAMEL
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.