Genre Discussion: Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden

A messageboard for all things genres

Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Multi-Genre Discussion

Related game: Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden

• Posted on 08 December 18 at 01:40Permalink
    Please use this thread to discuss this game's classification under the multi-genre system.

If you disagree with the current genres, please click the "Add genre disagreement" button below.
  • Posted on 08 December 18 at 01:42Permalink
    Was watching gameplay videos of this and it appears to have heavy roleplaying elements. I would almost say it's comparable to wastelands quite a bit.
  • ClownTasticClownTastic734,358
    Posted on 09 December 18 at 02:32Permalink
    It's actually really light on the RPG aspect so I don't think I would include it. Primarily this is Turn-Based, Strategy and Stealth. Stealth is absolutely necessary to clear the game as enemies are much stronger than your characters so taking as many as possible out silently is a must for success.
  • Posted on 13 January 19 at 09:56Permalink
    ClownTastic has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
    Stealth should be added to the games genres. Even on Normal difficulty stealth is an extremely important gameplay mechanic that is necessary to clear most areas. The gameplay loop boils down to going stealth and taking out as many lone/wandering enemies as possible with your silent weapons before finally taking down the larger enemy/enemy group with loud weapons for maximum damage output.
  • Posted on 14 January 19 at 15:00Permalink
    Ya this is definitely a stealth game. Try to take your opponents on head to head like Xcom and you'll get smoked.
  • Vitiated1Vitiated11,391,563
    Posted on 16 January 19 at 02:57Permalink
    Team agrees, Stealth added
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.