Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

A Closer Look At Family Settings and New Tools for Cross-Play Available Now

AuthorMessage
Dat Boi Treezy
Posted on 09 December 18 at 17:53
Details on screen time management, purchase limits, privacy, and a whole lot more

Please click here to read the story: A Closer Look At Family Settings and New Tools for Cross-Play Available Now
The Wet Chef
The Wet Chef
Posted on 09 December 18 at 19:08
This much needed!

And Thanx Ashley for writing this :)
There is NO stupid questions. Only stupid answers!
GRAND NOBLE
GRAND NOBLE
Posted on 09 December 18 at 20:49, Edited on 09 December 18 at 20:50 by GRAND NOBLE
Honestly, the choices available on xbox are a JOKE.

I bought my son a Nintendo Switch recently and the options available to a parent are AMAZING. You can download a free app, and I can see LIVE if it's in use. who using it. what they're playing.

And you can set daily limits, once the time limit hits, the switch just LOCKS. from the app i can change them, higher or lower. it's seriously amazing.

On top of that, it shows a calendar of every day it's ever been used, again show what was playing and for how long... and at the end of the month it gives you an overview report!!

Netflix is the same with shitty optinos. I can make kim a "kids" profile, but then he access to all these really horrible cartoons. And I can't block individual shows at all.
Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
JBett25
JBett25
Posted on 09 December 18 at 21:05
@Grand Noble, I have it set up on my xbox one for my nephew and it sends me reports weekly. If he asks for more screen time or a purchase, it sends me an email to confirm it in real time, and I can set hourly limits, dark times, and the like for every day of the week. When the screen time ends, it force signs him out no matter what he is doing but sends him reminds on the console saying x amount of minutes remaining.

The real time seeing of application usage could certainly be handy but in the weekly review it shows a complete breakdown of app usage and time in each application too.
Living Legends
Posted on 10 December 18 at 01:35, Edited on 10 December 18 at 01:35 by Living Legends
My parents would just unplug the console or tv and take it when I was younger. The worse was when they confiscated my controllersand i would just sit at and stare at the console and tv
KindBunny957018
Posted on 10 December 18 at 06:12
Is there going to be a list of games that are cross-platform?
Killin' grubs is my business and business is good.
Mttyd4
Mttyd4
Posted on 10 December 18 at 14:49
I'm sorry but this is still stupid, how stupid? Very, why because 1) we had this already. 2)the purchase ability prevents my kid brother from buying stuff even though he has credit we click allow and the mentally unstable people we call micro$oft wants me or a parent to pay for it (were the developers dropped on there head or did a bad parent leave their beer on the soft spot because they couldn't be bothered to get a coaster or even care) so why does allow me pay for??? & finally the piece de resistance number 3) child account why oh why oh why have they not fixed this abomination a kid can buy a Xbox 360 game on Xbox 360 but not on Xbox one or Xbox.com but they can buy stupid stuff for fortnite or any number of microtransactions or subscriptions but will not let a child buy bc games or avatar items that cost money or are free and they can't even have custom gamer pictures all for the sake of American child protection laws hahahahahahahaha stupidest thing I've ever heard albeit I'll give them the custom photo every thing else I refer you to the end of number 2 because if they cared about kids they'd block games that make them and all under developed brains think they need to play games with time sensitive released rewards like cod and fortnite and rocket league and any others but no they dont
Evil Kenivl
Evil Kenivl
Posted on 10 December 18 at 15:40
Living Legends said:
My parents would just unplug the console or tv and take it when I was younger. The worse was when they confiscated my controllersand i would just sit at and stare at the console and tv
laugh So much this!

And still kids are able to create their own fake/dummy MS accounts or/and gamertags…
But i guess better than nothing. The biggest part is still at parents to controll what their Kids are doing online i think. And no i dont have kids
Gaming since 1990!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.