Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Darksiders III Review

• HealttiHealtti4,313,146
    Posted on 11 December 18 at 05:17
    Mr Abductor said:
    I'm sorry high level DMC 4 play is beyond Bayos reach..
    The amount of actions per minute, just frame moves and cancels you execute as Dante puts Bayo to shame.
    FTW Guard flying rock
    QED
    "We aren't planning on doing anything about it." - Bethesda Support North America
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19772,102,459
    Posted on 11 December 18 at 09:31
    Loved the first, skipped the second for now...not sure this one sounds like my cup of tea either.
    Legohead 1977
  • EVlL GENlUSEVlL GENlUS424,096
    Posted on 11 December 18 at 09:45
    i have this game but i think darksiders 2 is a far better game (not graphically) but the loot (possessed weapon making), the way you can shape your build, and i much prefer the scythes over the whip, and using a health potion in 2 didn't require my character to stop mid fight and then get hit again. i just think 2 was better. but thats personal opinion. Im not saying this is a bad game, but having played 1 & 2 on 360 and then playing them again on Xbox one i felt a better connection to those games' combat than i have to this one, i probably need to spend more time with it but it just doesn't grab me like the previous titles. i still want a 4th on though, and then maybe a 5th where they team up and you switch between or play co-op with all 4 of them
  • Ariana VentiAriana Venti273,762
    Posted on 11 December 18 at 10:59, Edited on 11 December 18 at 11:00 by Ariana Venti
    This game’s downfall would surely be trying to emulate dark souls. In addition to the supposed lackluster story, most of the stuff I’ve been seeing online for this game has been for its punishing new difficulty to try and copy dark souls. Here’s what people don’t get, you can build an entire game that’s like Castlevania or Medtroid or Zelda because all those games are more or less for everyone, literally anyone can play them even children which is where most, including me did get their starts. However dark souls, like ninja gaiden or older megaman games etc are from the ground up difficult on purpose. There’s no hacks or easy ways around it, you either learn to play the game their way or you won’t finish it. Thing is with no other way to approach that playstyle you’re kinda forced to “git gud” or get lost, same thing when cuphead launched and there was that huge thing online about adding an easy mode and the counter was the game was made for people who want a challenge and nothing else, but again in doing so you end up alienating all the people who just want to play the game casually and finish it (like myself), hopefully they learn from their mistakes in the 4th one. Tighten up the story, make the combat more accessible for everyone and fix the bugs and errors before launch.
  • JayPsych47JayPsych47477,464
    Posted on 11 December 18 at 17:06
    Tveilor said:
    supkris said:
    I have never touched any of those inspirations and the game was a blast for me. The game was brutal even on story difficulty and there are some minor annoyances like mid game loading that freezes the game completely and goes on for about 10 to 15 secs but otherwise its a fresh experience for me compared to other games in the series.
    But with poor sales and charts performance i doubt if we will ever get the fourth installment. I really want see this series to be completed
    I want a fourth aswell, but I HATE souls like games, which is what has turned me off buying this at all. I loved the first two games and I really wanted to buy this one but as soon as it said {#}souls-like{#} I didn't want it, even if I want this game series to be finished I can't see myself buying it. Also hearing from multiple places how the enemies bash at you like crazy rabbits from every camera angle isn't that tempting. I wish they'd built upon the previous two instead of removing making this so closed with corridors and ofcourse the souls- like stuff.
    I agree with this 100%, I've been so torn because I have been wanting Darksiders 3 for so long but I can't ignore that they just went in such an awful direction and are alienating the existing fan base to try and get a new one. No dungeons is also very sad to hear
  • J4M35J4M35128,391
    Posted on 14 December 18 at 12:52
    Absolutely loved this game!! Massive fan of the Darksiders series so fingers crossed for Darksiders 4!! smile
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads