Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Best Reviewed Games on TrueAchievements in 2018 - Part One

AuthorMessage
DaveKinetic
DaveKinetic
Posted on 11 December 18 at 14:00
13 of our highest rated games from 2018

Please click here to read the story: The Best Reviewed Games on TrueAchievements in 2018 - Part One
EazyE2285
EazyE2285
Posted on 11 December 18 at 14:07
I didn't realize 12 games got a perfect score. 8% of the games reviewed this year were perfect? 🤔
The Manic Moose
Posted on 11 December 18 at 14:13
Where's PUBG?! ....

Sorry!

some great games this year for sure.
Splynta
Splynta
Posted on 11 December 18 at 14:15
Wow quite a lot of high scores for several average games there. The best is yet to come though.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 11 December 18 at 14:18, Edited on 11 December 18 at 14:18 by The SCHWARTZ 00
5/5 doesn't mean its flawless. Nothing is perfect. Some of the best entertainment ever created in music and film still had blemishes that could be overlooked because the overall package was outstanding. 5/5 just means its as close to perfection as it could get, or it's flaws are so minor they're not worth denying it the score it deserves.

TOTALLY forgot about Wulverblade. I meant to buy it when it went on sale but it slipped my mind. Won't happen again. Thanks for the reminder.
TheNickOfTime
TheNickOfTime
Posted on 11 December 18 at 14:21
You can never have enough Wayne lines in Darkest Dungeons laugh
I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 11 December 18 at 14:21, Edited on 11 December 18 at 14:22 by RadiantViper
QUBE 2 was solid and Nier Automata was amazing so I agree with those. But Far Cry 5, IMO, was a mess. It's just Far Cry 3&4 again but now the narrative is incredibly sloppy and poorly implemented.
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 11 December 18 at 14:26
EazyE2285 said:
I didn't realize 12 games got a perfect score. 8% of the games reviewed this year were perfect? 🤔
The Trueachievements review system does not go up to "perfect". From Our Reviews and Ethics Statement
5 Stars - A game that should not be missed. By no means are there "perfect" games, but a 5-star review should be seen as the highest recommendation for play by all audiences.
Dakrkplayer2
Dakrkplayer2
Posted on 11 December 18 at 14:40
After the best. You will do the worst reviews in 2018?
.XBOX 4 LIFE. https://www.change.org/petitions/to-tell-microsoft-to-make-self-published-live-able-games-on-windows-phone-and-windows-8-and-tell-deve
Theodoricus Rex
Posted on 11 December 18 at 14:43
I am hoping Wulverblade will make its way to GamePass at some point...
Elite1111111111
Posted on 11 December 18 at 14:51, Edited on 11 December 18 at 14:57 by Elite1111111111
xPut Name Herex said:
EazyE2285 said:
The Trueachievements review system does not go up to "perfect". From Our Reviews and Ethics Statement
5 Stars - A game that should not be missed. By no means are there "perfect" games, but a 5-star review should be seen as the highest recommendation for play by all audiences.
Yeah, let's not do the "5 stars = perfect" argument again. I'll grant using the highest rating too much can water it down, but that is not the case here.

I'm not sure where they're getting "12 games" from (presumably they saw "25 games received a 4.5 or 5" and decided to half it), but as far as I can find, only 6 games received a 5/5 this year. 3 of them are in this article and 3 will be in the next.

Holding out for sales on some of these since the backlog is big enough laugh. Also hoping A Way Out will enter EA Access at some point.
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 11 December 18 at 15:47
The rating system will be changing. There’s no need to discuss that.
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 11 December 18 at 15:51
Honestly, 5/5 doesn't mean that it's perfect. It means it scores the highest marks possible in categories associated with making it a great game. No game comes without flaws these days.
There is always a way.
Moldy Tacos5000
Posted on 11 December 18 at 15:55
TheNickOfTime said:
You can never have enough Wayne lines in Darkest Dungeons laugh
Monstrous size has no intrinsic merit, unless inordinate exsanguination be considered a virtue.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 11 December 18 at 16:26
I haven’t played all the games on this list but the ones I have certainly are good. CUBE 2 has to be the most surprising. I started it for the 12 Days of Christmas contest and I cannot wait to get back at it.
TheGreatKoala
TheGreatKoala
Posted on 11 December 18 at 16:46
Splynta said:
Wow quite a lot of high scores for several average games there.
Yeah but they're indie games so the internet must highly overrate them by default.

And before anyone suggests otherwise, I kmow for a fact I am not missing out by not touching the crap.
o DEEVIUS o
o DEEVIUS o
Posted on 11 December 18 at 17:24
The game would have to be an actual 5/5 for me to play it the year it was released. Unfortunately it's back-log back-log back-log for me unless it's the new Elder Scrolls or a real Fallout.

I might get Hitman 2 soon, and RAGE 2 when it's on sale, and I've always fancied Hellblade but for now I'll be playing games from '06 and '09 laugh - very much looking forward to Japanese Oblivion when it arrives. dance
In a room full of emptiness
DaveKinetic
DaveKinetic
Posted on 11 December 18 at 18:02
EazyE2285 said:
Where did you get that number from? It's actually six.
TA Social Manager | @DaveKinetic
Zombies World
Zombies World
Posted on 11 December 18 at 18:18
TheGreatKoala said:
Yeah but they're indie games so the internet must highly overrate them by default.

And before anyone suggests otherwise, I kmow for a fact I am not missing out by not touching the crap.
Don't take this guy too serious. He mostly plays Sport 'games', Chess and Pool on his Xbox so he doesn't know any better ;)
Hazar Khall
Hazar Khall
Posted on 11 December 18 at 18:35
I believe I'll vote Nier. I cant pick a preferred game, I mean for a simple example how does a shooter hold up to racing, a puzzle to an RPG, just different strokes for different folks.

No, Nier, with its counter for time having stared at 2Bs ass, is the most hilarious thing ive seen with any recent game laugh its funny and lets be honest the devs for that dgaf what people who see that think. I havent had the money to pick it up, but I will... Not just for booty mind you 🤣
Go big or go home (>*_*)>---gs
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.