Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Best Reviewed Games on TrueAchievements in 2018 - Part One

AuthorMessage
Vixenist
Vixenist
Posted on 11 December 18 at 18:38
Literally did I play a different Far Cry 5??? So bad imo. Like...... Far Cry Primal bad............
Was Sexette
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 11 December 18 at 19:14
Vixenist said:
Literally did I play a different Far Cry 5??? So bad imo. Like...... Far Cry Primal bad............
Nobody I know who played it liked it very much.
Moldy Tacos5000
Posted on 11 December 18 at 19:35
Darkest Dungeon should've been a 5. It's as fun and addicting as Xcom.
donut77
donut77
Posted on 11 December 18 at 20:25
Wulverblade and Celeste still not available in Australia damnit
Baron Von Diego
Posted on 11 December 18 at 21:32
Moldy Tacos5000 said:
Darkest Dungeon should've been a 5. It's as fun and addicting as Xcom.
Darkest Dungeon is so good. My 2016 GOTY on PC when it was first released. It might even crack my Mt Rushmore of games. The Narrator is beyond excellent. I just want him to follow me around and make comments about the mundane stuff like grocery shopping...
videogames... amrite?
Shad0wdar
Shad0wdar
Posted on 11 December 18 at 22:06
Is Monster Hunter seriously missing out because of 0.1 point :(?
Beep Boop
Dark Death 90
Dark Death 90
Posted on 11 December 18 at 22:30
TheGreatKoala said:
Splynta said:
Wow quite a lot of high scores for several average games there.
Yeah but they're indie games so the internet must highly overrate them by default.

And before anyone suggests otherwise, I kmow for a fact I am not missing out by not touching the crap.
If you seriously think these games aren't fantastic because they are indie games, I pity you. What amazing experiences your bias stops you from having.

Anyways, some great games on this list. Most are still on my wishlist, as I've been working on my backlog this year more than anything. Hopefully next year I'll be playing more new games.
#1 Resident Evil Fan.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 12 December 18 at 00:02
I'd be interested in the highest scoring user rated games.
https://www.trueachievements.com/event/UHH4
DaveKinetic
DaveKinetic
Posted on 12 December 18 at 02:01
planting42 said:
I'd be interested in the highest scoring user rated games.
Full Games List

Filter by release year and sort by user rating. smile
TA Social Manager | @DaveKinetic
Shulamm
Shulamm
Posted on 12 December 18 at 04:14
Qube2 story is engaging? Alriiiiiight....
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 14 December 18 at 05:05
Hazar Khall said:
I believe I'll vote Nier. I cant pick a preferred game, I mean for a simple example how does a shooter hold up to racing, a puzzle to an RPG, just different strokes for different folks.

No, Nier, with its counter for time having stared at 2Bs ass, is the most hilarious thing ive seen with any recent game laugh its funny and lets be honest the devs for that dgaf what people who see that think. I havent had the money to pick it up, but I will... Not just for booty mind you ūü§£
Wait what? There a stat for staring at your characters ass?! Lmfao! You gotta explain laugh
Matthew
mr wa
mr wa
Posted on 15 December 18 at 18:28
I played Nier on ps4 last year and honestly I found a lot to hate about that game, with very little to like. I'm glad so many people love it as the studio clearly has some great talent, but for the sake of a rant here's what I intensely dislike about that game:
- the English voice acting is insufferable, and there was no option for Japanese in the version I played (until 2nd playthrough)
- 2b's design is hyper-sexualised. It's nauseating.
- the combat is boring imo
- the open world is littered with invisible walls
- the map is almost useless, and combined with the invisible walls, navigation is a clusterfuck

I hear it gets better as the number of playthroughs increases, but I got 3 hours into my second run and gave up.

I just don't get it! But if you love it, more power to you. I bet there are games I adore that other people loathe. That's just how it goes sometimes!
Einigkeit
Einigkeit
Posted on 29 December 18 at 03:58
mr wa said:
I played Nier on ps4 last year and honestly I found a lot to hate about that game, with very little to like. I'm glad so many people love it as the studio clearly has some great talent, but for the sake of a rant here's what I intensely dislike about that game:
- the English voice acting is insufferable, and there was no option for Japanese in the version I played (until 2nd playthrough)
- 2b's design is hyper-sexualised. It's nauseating.
- the combat is boring imo
- the open world is littered with invisible walls
- the map is almost useless, and combined with the invisible walls, navigation is a clusterfuck

I hear it gets better as the number of playthroughs increases, but I got 3 hours into my second run and gave up.

I just don't get it! But if you love it, more power to you. I bet there are games I adore that other people loathe. That's just how it goes sometimes!
Played it on PS4 last year, playing again on X1X now. I'll address your points one by one:

- I prefer subs over dubs, but found NieR's English cast to be pretty good and far from insufferable, but to each their own.
- Agreed on the first part, but it does get addressed later in the game, if only slightly.
- The combat is fairly simplistic, but this isn't Dark Souls. I found the combat to be adequate for an action game.
- "Littered" might be a strong word, but there are a fair number of them. Apart from occasionally taking me out of the game, they didn't bother me much.
- I'll agree with you on this one: the map takes a fair amount of time to figure out, and even when you do, it's still a headache to navigate if you don't recall exactly what obstacles are in your way. My least favorite part of the game
- But here's why I think you didn't like the game that much: you didn't finish it. At the end of Ending A, I thought, "Okay, so... this game's a 7/10, tops." It took me partway through the second route for it to truly hook me. Minor spoilers for people who haven't started the second route:
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

From the few friends who played this game, all of them who finished the main routes found the game to be quite satisfying (even if they didn't like it as much as I did); those who didn't finish the main routes did not like the game. Granted, the sample pool is four or five people and you could also argue that it's possible that those people who didn't like it still wouldn't have liked it if they had finished it, but that's neither here nor there.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.