x Mataeus x
Posted on 18 January 19 at 08:36
You're welcome! compute
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mataeus
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 23 January 19 at 23:43
Hi all!

I'd taken a short break from writing the walkthrough, a week off, but am back now.
I have the list of powers complete.

I've just finished typing up the whole of Episode VII, which is the longest one so far. I just need to add the screenshots in. Everything else is done.

All that's left then is to finish off the post-story content, and then add the secrets and side quests into their own chapters. They are in the walkthrough as well - just some handy checklists as I've pointed out before.

TWO sections left! That's all! Then you can all enjoy it.
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 24 January 19 at 14:42
I've resized the Yellow Temple map, and Episode VII is now completed!

I've drafted everything for the Dwarf quests, all but three side quests and the rest of the content. Just finalising it, then I'll be typing it up to TA, looking for continuity etc as always and then it's done clap
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 25 January 19 at 20:32
All post game content is drafted, and I've started to write it up and put it into a sensible order. I've done the Powers chart (uploaded), the side quest chart (uploaded) and just have to copy up the secrets chart and the post-game content page. Then we're done! I reckon one solid Sunday's work and it's finished.

I'm really pleased with the content and the depth of the guide.
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 27 January 19 at 15:50
Most of the work is finally finished! Now I'm adding the last few screenshots in, making sure I've tagged all the achievements in the right place and doing my final bit of typing up from notes. Yay! I don't thing six weeks is too bad for handling a JRPG singlehanded.

Thanks for your patience - I look forward to your feedback!
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 27 January 19 at 19:09
It's all done! Just polishing off the Dwarf stuff. It's going to be submitted tonight :D
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 28 January 19 at 01:23
Submitted for review!

I hope you enjoy my first walkthrough. It's been a really great experience making it!
Information Posted on 04 February 19 at 13:11
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: Doom & Destiny Walkthrough
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 06 February 19 at 11:43, Edited on 06 February 19 at 11:43 by x Mataeus x
Hi peeps!

Many thanks to UnsungGhost, the walkthrough overseer I was assigned, for helping me add a bit of extra information and clarification to the walkthrough post-publication.

I have added some extra bullet points at the start of the post-story section suggesting you may need to go ahead and gather a lot more cash for the 160k you will need to buy the remaining powers.

I've also added a reminder to keep an eye on the powers checklist, as suggested in the intro and hints and tips section.

This notes the location and cost of every power.

Finally, HeartBit Interactive love the walkthrough, and have agreed to promote it on their website and channels, linking to it's TA page. On top of that, they've agreed to work with me on future projects (tease) by providing map files so I don't have to spend hours cutting and pasting in paint laugh

It's been an absolute pleasure to write this for all the old-school RPG fans out there, and to hear your feedback so I know what to improve on the next one.

See you in the field

Mat.
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 28 February 19 at 13:58, Edited on 28 February 19 at 17:15 by eohjay
I have been using this guide to progress through the game a little bit over the last few days and just wanted to comment as to how it is one of the most thorough guides that I've used on TA. It is really well done - thank you for your time in compiling it!

That said, I think I came across a minor mistake. On the Episode IV page, right after the bolded "Death Mountain Part 2" text you mention that this was the point that you silvered the Ex-Orcism side quest and that this should be your 4 silvered quest thus far netting you The Grinder achievement. Well, The Grinder is for Gold quests - I think you typed out silver in the preceding sentence and meant gold. Very minor, just wanted to point it out!

edit: I also think that your power counter is off somewhere. I'm in the Elven Village right now and just purchased Meditation, which should be #113. I counted my list of powers in game (for the first time) and I'm counting #114. Triple checked it - so somehow I have one more power than your counter says that I should, but I've followed the guide o the letter.
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 04 March 19 at 10:55
You're very welcome!

I'll go back and look at those areas you mentioned and clean them up. If it's not too much trouble, is there any chance you could cross reference what you have in game with what I've written on the list and see if you can find the offending one? Or feel free to send me a screenshot dump on XBL and I'll check myself smile
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 06 March 19 at 13:34
I'm sorry - I progressed well beyond that point before noticing your message. I will say that I unlocked the powers achievement at the vendor the guide says I should so in the grand scheme of things it isn't really an issue.

My best guess is that one of the earlier vendors has an extra skill that you didn't account for and picked up at a later vendor.
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 06 March 19 at 17:41
eohjay said:
I'm sorry - I progressed well beyond that point before noticing your message. I will say that I unlocked the powers achievement at the vendor the guide says I should so in the grand scheme of things it isn't really an issue.

My best guess is that one of the earlier vendors has an extra skill that you didn't account for and picked up at a later vendor.
This is very possible. I'll do another playthrough at some point and sort that out. In the mean time, I'm glad the guide is working for you. I also altered those two sections, so thanks for pointing that out!

~MAT
Halasie
Halasie
Posted on 06 May 19 at 21:33
Hello. I'd just like to post a minor correction to the walkthrough. Episode V, it states that this is the only battle other than arenas, where the game continues even if you lose.

The battle in part IV titled "Death mountain maze" against several Santas will allow you to walk away from defeat with a single hit point without ending the game.

Obviously this isn't an important connection as it doesn't effect the game or any achievements.

Anyway, great walkthrough. Very accurate, very user friendly.
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 08 May 19 at 07:55
Thank you! I've updated both pages. The changes will be reflected when the updates have been approved by the overseer. Thanks for your kind words, too - it's my first guide, and I really wanted to do the absolute best I could.

Be sure to vote if you find it useful smile
"I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
playaguess
playaguess
Posted on 12 June 19 at 15:00
i believe you missed 1 power. mike get a free one, "heal bruise" in benjamin's basement at this point in your walkthrough "Now walk directly south between the two statues to check your first secret off the list! (SECRET 1/39). Then go north, north again, then collect everything and head west between the two braziers (SECRET 2/39). Return to the east, east again (this is where you should be getting to the bronze level on the Dead or Alive side quest. Go east again, collect all the stuff knocking around, and fight a few encounters if needed until you level up for the first time!" in the room at the lower right of this area there is a pedestal with a book on it. searching the pedestal yields the "heal bruise" power for mike.
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 13 June 19 at 11:55
Balls! Will update accordingly, although it will take me some time to rearrange all the powers.

Thank you!
"I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 15 June 19 at 23:25
Is there a place where you detail what to use skill points on? The only spot I've seen is in Episode 1 where it tells you to level grit until level 10 and points you to the tips page, but the tips page only tells you to focus on grit early. Am I supposed to pump their primary attribute after level 10? Feel like I'm missing something obvious, because I seem to be the first person asking this headspin
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 16 June 19 at 20:52
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
Is there a place where you detail what to use skill points on? The only spot I've seen is in Episode 1 where it tells you to level grit until level 10 and points you to the tips page, but the tips page only tells you to focus on grit early. Am I supposed to pump their primary attribute after level 10? Feel like I'm missing something obvious, because I seem to be the first person asking this headspin
Good spot! I've clarified my levelling recommendations in the hints and tips section. Essentially, yes, get GRIT up for the early bonus XP, then focus on the primary attribute. Gradually bring the other attributes into line, especially if you can close in on a new power point.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.