Game Discussion: The Council Forum

Episode 5, and general opinions.

AuthorMessage
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 13 December 18 at 14:47, Edited on 13 December 18 at 14:48 by Schinderdiv
I loved this game overall. Despite the mediocre reception it generally seemed to get after the first episode, I felt consistently engrossed. Unfortunately, episode 5 felt like an instantaneous stop to a speeding vehicle. I felt that The Council had gathered plenty of energy up to that point, and it lost it all on Checkmate.

Perhaps my expectations were too high, but with that buildup to Checkmate - with episodes 2-4 taking roughly 3 hours each to complete - a finale that lasts just under an hour total with the final scene (or "confrontation") being less dramatic and far more comedic... That's rather disappointing/underwhelming.

Maybe had a couple of my choices been different things would have ended more interestingly, but I'm not sure how much weight that any of that has on the overall outcome, or even on the quests.

For example -

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Anyone have a different outcome, different opinions, general thoughts on how the story played out in the end? I am definitely curious if things such as
would affect the outcome, if at all.
Streets Ahead
Archeim
Archeim
Posted on 13 December 18 at 21:54
Rista B
Rista B
Posted on 13 May 19 at 00:07
I'd be interested in hearing from someone who played a Holm decision tree and how that differed from Mortimer. I agree that Episode 5 felt rushed, specifically the last quest. Not sure what the hurry was but the implied danger was never clear and wondered if the confrontation with Mortimer was even necessary.
Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
Soulbleed426
Soulbleed426
Posted on 14 May 19 at 13:46
I pretty much lost all interest when...

The end was rushed and anti-climatic.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.