Game Discussion: Forza Horizon 4

Fortune Island Trouble

• LockAndLukeLockAndLuke451,218
    Posted on 13 December 18 at 17:57, Edited on 13 December 18 at 18:02 by LockAndLuke
    Hey guys,

Is anyone else having trouble accessing Fortune Island?
    I've had it installed since I bought the Ultimate Edition and have just updated the game and DLC today, so it now shows up as "Fortune Island" in my "installed" section, yet I can't find it in-game anywhere or access it at all.
    Am I missing something?

EDIT:
    I power cycled the Xbox and now there's another game update, I'll comment back with the results.
    If it works, it isn't stupid.
  • DavehxDavehx572,771
    Posted on 13 December 18 at 18:24
    You were 3 minutes before release time with your first post

I had a 7.3 GB download of Fortune Island happened automatically during the day
    Then a 4 MB update to Fortune Island an hour or so ago
    Now I'm installing a 3.75 GB update to the base game (I had to power cycle like Saiyan - was always the case on FH3 too)
  • LockAndLukeLockAndLuke451,218
    Posted on 13 December 18 at 19:00
    Ah was I?
    Typical haha, I thought by the time I got home today it would be ready to go, many thanks!
    If it works, it isn't stupid.
  • JodmeisterJodmeister749,833
    Posted on 13 December 18 at 19:54
    Had to start my Xbox from cold to get it to find the update too.
  • Posted on 13 December 18 at 19:55
    I don't have the DLC yet seem to be forced to download it anyway, unless you get it included in game pass which I assume you don't.
  • Posted on 13 December 18 at 20:20
    So after the 7.25GB update you're forced to view a long ad for the DLC and then have it taking up hard drive space even though you didn't buy it and don't want it. That's great. Thanks.
  • el p1nkoel p1nko194,326
    Posted on 13 December 18 at 22:54
    This is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion, first I downloaded a 7GB DLC yesterday, then it is the 13th and there is nothing to see, then I read we as stupid Europeans have to wait until the Americans can get it first of course, and now I have to download another 7GB update and can‘t play the game before it‘s the 14th... so why communicate the 13th, better they at least make it official that we‘re back in the „good old times“ when us Europeans got the games months after they put „America first“.
  • DavehxDavehx572,771
    Posted on 13 December 18 at 23:10
    You can play today, I've been playing since about 7pm GMT (I'm in England...still Europe for now)

Do a power cycle as Saiyan suggested then look for a FH4 update ...it should be 3.75 GB
  • el p1nkoel p1nko194,326
    Posted on 13 December 18 at 23:58
    Tip: if you don‘t want to be forced to watch their stupid video then force quit the game and then restart it, it won‘t play anymore then.
    I am sure this is something they will „fix“ when the next update comes and then shove the video down your throat without any chance to quit it, like the unskippable and endless Playground Games, Turn 10 etcetc. forced intro logos each and every time you start the game, but for now this works.
  • BacavoitBacavoit471,122
    Posted on 14 December 18 at 17:03
    Damn my base game updated with a 6.6GB and then a 7.34Gb download for the DLC.

They did fix a lot of stuff in a day lol
    Baca
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads