Talk about TrueAchievements Forum

General chat about all things TA

Does it frustrate you when you 100% a game only for DLC to ruin it?

AuthorMessage
OohNooThatSucks
Posted on 14 December 18 at 03:19
I’ve always been a hunter but only recently started taking it a little more seriously and have been trying to 100% some games. I took a look at the games I’m closest to completing, the game being rise of the tomb raider. I have 1k in it, only to realize they’ve added another 1000 gamer score since I stopped playing!
Living Legends
Posted on 14 December 18 at 03:37
No, doesn't frustrate me one bit
Fear The People
Posted on 14 December 18 at 03:45
Not if its an enjoyable game, just more reason to play it again
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 14 December 18 at 05:31
Generally speaking yeah, because it seems it's always the shit games I didn't enjoy much that get DLC, but that's the way it goes.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
Our Afflictions
Posted on 14 December 18 at 07:02
I use DLC owned setting because I can't be asked to buy every piece of shit addon devs decide to release.
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 14 December 18 at 21:36
There's a setting for that.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 04 February 19 at 14:13
I only include DLC that I own because I don't care about buying everything for every game. What really pisses me off when a title update adds ultra grindy achievements that automatically get added to your tag. LOOKING AT YOU GEARS OF WAR 4.
Moldy Tacos5000
Posted on 04 February 19 at 18:03
It would be fine if all DLCs added legitimate new content.

The Darkest Dungeon DLCs were amazing and reasonably priced.
The Doom and Gears of War 4 season passes were just blatant money grabs.
From what I hear Destiny 2 Forsaken content is great and I'll get around to it eventually, but let's face it, they made it for the money.

At this point your best bet is to wait a few years after a game has come out and buy the 'Game of the Year' or 'Ultimate Edition' or scoop up the season pass at a heavy discount.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 04 February 19 at 19:37
Moldy Tacos5000 said:
At this point your best bet is to wait a few years after a game has come out and buy the 'Game of the Year' or 'Ultimate Edition' or scoop up the season pass at a heavy discount.
Exactly what I'm doing with Destiny 2. Plus it will probably cut out about 500 hours of grinding. lol
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.