Game Discussion: Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades

(The old) A Presidential Promotion achievement..

• MemoriesOfFinalMemoriesOfFinal1,677,678
    Posted on 14 December 18 at 03:35
    A Presidential Promotion -
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

just got renamed to Peerless: Completed all Bonus Quests.

The 200G achievement is currently also known as Peerless: Completed all Bonus Quests but isn't unlocked by that.
  • BloodGodAlucardBloodGodAlucard2,359,629
    Posted on 14 December 18 at 03:58
    Thanks for the confirmation Final. And are the requirements for fighting him beating Ardyn and Ravus I assume? Any tips for that fight? I can't even make a dent in them. And they one shot me constantly. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • MemoriesOfFinalMemoriesOfFinal1,677,678
    Posted on 14 December 18 at 04:19
    I don't know, haven't seen the President anywhere yet. I fought all Bonus Missions that were available and the main list looked full.
    Posted on 14 December 18 at 04:35
    Okay. Well that's confusing. I just assumed it would be a hidden fight after Ardyn since that fight is really hard to me. Have you beaten that one yet?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 December 18 at 05:23
    Yes, not too bad with full level up and top tier weapon builds, put fury on and keep teleport kicking and kamehameeing them, start with Ardyn, if you use the best build the other guy can't really damage you
    Im soo stealthy, I feel like my knife has a silencer...
    Posted on 14 December 18 at 05:38
    Mikhail Krauser said:
    Yes, not too bad with full level up and top tier weapon builds, put fury on and keep teleport kicking and kamehameeing them, start with Ardyn, if you use the best build the other guy can't really damage you
    Yeah that's what I was trying. For some reason I kept getting lag or something. The warp strikes didn't seem to register properly. And they just shrugged off the damage. With the Rampage sigil I have either 2700 strength and 450 vitality. Or I can swap a weapon and have 2000 strength and 1600 vitality for more defense. Or I can switch to the Aura sigil and have nearly 4700 strength. None of those seemed to matter. I'm level 99 with nearly 5000 hp btw.

Maybe I'm just getting unlucky. Did you do it in coop by chance? I will eventually ask friends for help with it if I have to. The bots seemed pretty worthless here when I solo'd it.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 December 18 at 06:33
    So I did a few new things while helping a buddy (credit to ChinDocta)

Essentially Ardyn will dodge it, gotta get him while he's attacking, the kamehameha works well though.

The other guy just counters it and will block it. Gotta catch him while he's throwing lightning.

The other thing I didnt realise is the RT+B. That ground pound is devastating against them.

Hit and keep hitting until you're loosing some health and dart up into the warp areas to refill, and repeat. Ardyn's first though, bitchboy is a joke
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 December 18 at 06:47
    I gotta find my builds but my stats are way higher. I have a perfect build though and grinded for hours for the proper mats. mostly the 155 lazer sensors and Cid level 3 purchases.
    Posted on 14 December 18 at 07:30
    Cool. I'll try that and see if it makes a difference for me. I appreciate the help. toast
  • JCDRANZERJCDRANZER1,337,908
    Posted on 14 December 18 at 10:45
    I'm level 73 and I was doing it with AI using the Rampage sigil, it's still a pain to do. I'm probably going to have to do it with at least 1 other person.
  • Posted on 14 December 18 at 12:18
    So PS4 only has 15 trophies. I think they screwed up and President Matsuda's not even in the game yet and was meant to be a DLC achievement/trophy but they put it in our base list. This will probably be glitched for a while if I had to guess...
  • Erickson187Erickson187675,436
    Posted on 14 December 18 at 20:07, Edited on 14 December 18 at 20:07 by Erickson187
    People on the PS4 already have the trophy equivalent of the achievement.
  • Posted on 14 December 18 at 20:09
    Erickson187 said:
    So do people on Xbox.

The issue is the mystery 16th achievement that is a duplicate of Peerless at the moment and used to say “defeat President Matsuda.”
  • GreatPotBanditoGreatPotBandito2,252,971
    Posted on 14 December 18 at 20:54
    The Real secret to these fights and all fights is stacking the Penetrator X abilities, saw my partner go from dealing 1k damage a ground pound to 7k alongside me per hit.
    Where We Go One We Go All
  • Posted on 14 December 18 at 21:14
    Za Pantsupati said:
    Erickson187 said:
    So do people on Xbox.

The issue is the mystery 16th achievement that is a duplicate of Peerless at the moment and used to say “defeat President Matsuda.”
    Actually the one that people have unlocked now (the 30g one) used to be the one that mentioned Matsuda.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 December 18 at 21:36
    Yes the president achievement 2as actually peerless. You can see from my list. The unlock still says president from the achievement menu but it's for all bonus
  • VidGamiacVidGamiac2,577,521
    Posted on 15 December 18 at 21:17
    Maybe they were going to do the this as a Hidden Boss?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV6uPY9HGkM

PS4 version only has the 15 other Trophies. Anyone in touch with Square Enix want to give it an ask?
    Otherwise, looks like we have an Unobtainable on our hands.
  • EnlunaEnluna1,885,944
    Posted on 17 December 18 at 05:43
    When they released the list at the beginning, PS4 also had the trophy for defeating the president, but they updated it in a short time.

The thing is that the trophy removed from the list (corresponding to defeat the president) is the achievement that is unlocked in the Xbox version to complete all missions.

If you complete all the missions in PS4 they give you the trophy that is unobtainable in xbox.

The three possible scenarios that I imagine to fix the problem are.
    1. erasing the achievement that most of us already obtained by completing all the bonus missions.
    2. Leaving the achievement that we already obtained and also unlocking the new achievement by initiating session. (would be basically 2 equal achievements with different gs gain)
    3. erase the unobtainable achievement and change the gain of gamescore in the other achievements.

The fact is that they screwed up by letting us unlock the achievement they deleted on the PS4 list

This whole thing is very confusing being honest...
  • Posted on 17 December 18 at 13:22
    I can pretty much guarantee they're going to leave it as is until they think of a different use for the achievement and change the requirements. Maybe it'll go back to being the President fight. Maybe something new. We'll be at 800/1000 until then.
  • Solario32Solario32380,709
    Posted on 21 December 18 at 17:10
    Has Square mentioned anything on this as of yet? I don’t want to play the standalone until they fix this. The thing I’m worried about is if there is a deadline to transfer your character from the base game DLC to the standalone version.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads