Site Help Forum

Got something you don't understand? Need to know how something works? Ask here and we'll do our best to help you

Why are only Xbox 360 games moving to the top of your My Games list, while Xbox

AuthorMessage
AkaiERA
AkaiERA
Posted on 14 December 18 at 13:10, Edited on 14 December 18 at 13:11 by AkaiERA
Full thread title: Why are only Xbox 360 games moving to the top of your My Games list, while Xbox One games aren't?

Couldn't fit everyting in the thread title, so let me explain this.

Why is it, that as soon as you play a Xbox 360 game, that game will move on top of your "My Games" list, eventhough you didn't earn an achievement for this game? Xbox One games never move on top of the "My Games" list just by simply playing them. You actually have to earn an achievement for them to move on top of the list.

I would love for Xbox One games to move up on the list, too, if you have recently played them. I think that would be a great way to see what people have recently played, regardless of what achievements they have recently unlocked.

Is there a setting that I'm actually missing? If there isn't, I would love for it to be that way, because the default is kinda lame.

Maybe also offer settings that you can save? Because even if you sort them by Game, Ach, TA, GS, %, Ratio and Rating, that list will always revert back to the default.
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 14 December 18 at 13:41
It’s how Xbox works. Xbox One/Windows 10 games only move up when you earn an achievement in them, but Xbox 360/Windows 8/WP8 games move up if you just launch them while connected to Live. It has nothing to do with site settings. I’m not sure why Live works like that, but it does.

If you are looking at your games in your Game Collection, you can save settings on how to view it in the drop down in the top right. Set it the way you want it, then hit the save icon and anytime of view your game collection it will show up the way you set it.
Game On.
AkaiERA
AkaiERA
Posted on 14 December 18 at 14:45
Ah damn. Makes perfect sense. Was wondering why it's only applied to Xbox 360 games.

Thanks.
A Dreadful Shot
Posted on 14 December 18 at 20:15
JumboWario said:
If you are looking at your games in your Game Collection, you can save settings on how to view it in the drop down in the top right. Set it the way you want it, then hit the save icon and anytime of view your game collection it will show up the way you set it.
Will it also show up that way for other people when viewing your collection or just yourself?
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 14 December 18 at 20:32
Just you I believe. Not 100% sure honestly.
Game On.
AkaiERA
AkaiERA
Posted on 15 March 19 at 12:20
Was this finally changed?

Because, I noticed that GTA 5 and Halo: MCC moved up in my list, despite not having earned any new achievements in both games for a while now (which is impossible for Halo: MCC, since I completed the game).
A Dreadful Shot
Posted on 18 March 19 at 20:21
Wow, I’m ecstatic. It seems this finally was changed. Tried it out a couple days ago with a previously completed X1 game but the game didn’t move up, as expected. But to my surprise, the game did move up a few days later (just now). I’m hoping this persists and continues to bring up X1 games regardless of achievements. This is great news!
A Dreadful Shot
Posted on 20 March 19 at 17:20
Haha, knew it was too good to be true. The game moved back to where it was originally. This is honestly the only thing I’d like to see added to the site but my hopes are not high. We were so close though.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.