Game Discussion: Red Dead Redemption 2

Online MVP boosting method?

• NighthawkJoVNighthawkJoV287,656
    Posted on 15 December 18 at 16:28
    Does anyone have a decent method to boost MVP online? I'd like to setup a session, but I don't like flailing or playing it by ear if I can avoid it.

Red Dead Redemption 2The Real DealThe The Real Deal achievement in Red Dead Redemption 2 worth 135 pointsRed Dead Online: Achieve MVP 3 times (in a round with at least 4 players).
    Nighthawk WTFMan.com
  • Posted on 15 December 18 at 17:29
    No idea but I'd be up for joining your session
  • Posted on 16 December 18 at 07:54
    Use the races, It gives you a good chance to win and get MVP but can still take some time but you can get it in a day if you push for it and I guess the extra xp can just go towards rank 50, so no biggie.

Just enjoy playing the game and don't spend money on gold bars ;)
  • Posted on 16 December 18 at 15:21
    There isn't really a way to boost, just play races and hope you don't disconnect or the game locks up.
  • Posted on 16 December 18 at 16:38
    Yeah i managed legit last night, definitely the races....practice and familiarity with the tracks help...also getting as many stamina barrels as possible really helps
  • LassiedelikkerLassiedelikker1,607,878
    Posted on 17 December 18 at 09:30
    Playing for 3 hours now.. only became MVP one time... dont know if there is a way to boost it. But im up for it
    Lassiedelikker
    Posted on 17 December 18 at 12:12
    Any recommendations on a method is appreciated. Can you join a race in an 8-man posse? Is there any way to glitch a smaller lobby race like you can some mission replays?
    Nighthawk WTFMan.com
  • sjpsjpsjpsjpsjpsjp976,668
    Posted on 18 December 18 at 21:19
    From direct experience, I can tell you that trying to intentionally boosting this is very difficult; the game is popular enough that that races/shootouts etc often have full lobbies, you can't bring everyone in your party into a particular lobby easily. Hopefully matchmaking will be improved, but honestly I'd just enter races by yourself and try your best to get a win.
  • Posted on 19 December 18 at 12:22
    3x mvp isn't even the worst of it, you need to do hundreds, thousands of missions/mp matches to get level 50, you could accidentally get mvp in free for all 3x by the time it takes to get level 50, the game is excruciating and painstakingly boring, the mp is basically just a 200 hrs grind more of the same from the story. with dicks everywhere.
    Posted on 19 December 18 at 14:50
    Sadly, that is aJakThaRiPP3R84 said:
    you could accidentally get mvp in free for all 3x by the time it takes to get level 50, the game is excruciating and painstakingly boring, the mp is basically just a 200 hrs grind more of the same from the story. with dicks everywhere.
    Sadly, that is exactly my assessment as well. Oh well, thanks for the feedback everyone.
    Nighthawk WTFMan.com
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n1,977,563
    Posted on 20 December 18 at 23:21
    I tried posting a guide to get to lvl 50 by playing showdown series large and people just don't want to put the work in and are lazy to play the game so they downvoted me because it wasn't a bug or xp glitch. If you play enough showdown large you'll get it though.
    Posted on 21 December 18 at 00:05
    Maxumilli0n said:
    I tried posting a guide to get to lvl 50 by playing showdown series large and people just don't want to put the work in and are lazy to play the game so they downvoted me because it wasn't a bug or xp glitch. If you play enough showdown large you'll get it though.
    I'm not scared to earn it. :)

Good suggestion. Thanks.
    Nighthawk WTFMan.com
  • Posted on 21 December 18 at 19:07
    I wonder if they will make private lobbies after the beta and perhaps you can boost it that way? It does say in a match of 4 or more players
  • Posted on 26 December 18 at 09:55
    Maxumilli0n said:
    Yes this is a great method even trying your hand at the events that pop up in free roam, it's difficult to win but at least you can rack up kills and gain xp. I also like doing the transport missions and you can gain 100-300xp a pop. Only issue can be online greifers robbing you but I've noticed this is alot more rare, the longer this beta has gone on for.

Achievements are great but I do think it makes people afraid of trying new games or even thinking about attempting something like this. Especially if you're a completionist and you want that high percentage.

Is it a massive grind, it sure is. However it's completely obtainable, even if you don't have a lot of time to spend daily, you can do it easy in a few months. People just need to chill out and play the game. The only drag is there's not a lot to do in red dead online at the moment to earn xp in fun and different ways. Here's hoping Rockstar will be adding some new modes soon.
  • Posted on 13 January 19 at 00:18
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but can’t you kick randoms out of your game if you had 8 people in a party/posse in a showdown communicating? Just keep telling everyone to kick until the match starts & if any randoms get through the posse stomps them whilst taking it in turns to win?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 January 19 at 07:12
    i got the MVP wins by playing Races, i got lucky actually in the last race and achievement popped
    the races are a garantinue u will get MVP if u focus on just winning instead of kicking ppl and killing them, i played 6 races and i won 3 out of those! not bad right?
    and i actually got lucky in one of the battle royale modes and i was the MVP :D but it was an MVP too late
    Have no fear, Amjad is here
  • Posted on 13 February 19 at 02:31
    WhitestAFI2ICAN said:
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but can’t you kick randoms out of your game if you had 8 people in a party/posse in a showdown communicating? Just keep telling everyone to kick until the match starts & if any randoms get through the posse stomps them whilst taking it in turns to win?
    That’s exactly what I was thinking. Getting a large posse and then just controlling a lobby/game, whether it be showdown, or just taking turns coming in 1st in the races.
  • Posted on 24 February 19 at 03:16
    I wouldn't mind boosting this since the races, and other game modes don't interest me too much. I do have a 2nd console with dummy account ready to go if Rockstar actually lets us setup our own race lobbies like in GTA.
  • GalenrandirGalenrandir304,599
    Posted on 03 March 19 at 17:12
    I’ve got 2 Xbox’s with a dummy account as well if this winds up being boostable.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads