Game Discussion: Happy Wars (Xbox 360) Forum

It's officially over. Servers have been shut down.

AuthorMessage
IAteA11ThePies
Posted on 19 December 18 at 01:02
It was a fun wee game to play, albeit grindy as hell if going for the achievements. Couldn't be bothered with doing my last couple of thousand heals (too much time/too little desire). SP I got frustrated with and gave up on - despite being within sight of the end. I'm calling it unfair ai, but I might just be crap at it. Was pretty damn good at MP though. smile
Postmortimus
Postmortimus
Posted on 19 December 18 at 02:40, Edited on 19 December 18 at 02:48 by Postmortimus
Our Afflictions said:
Postmortimus said:
Our Afflictions said:
iPr0 N1nJa x said:
I tweeted them, please show support. They need to learn how to use a calendar, I had two achievements to go.........

https://twitter.com/ninjabaz13/status/1074708870357049344
Maybe you should learn what timezones are.
Maybe you should learn how to read the whole thread. Numerous people clearly state how they started shutting down the game a head of the time and timezone that they stated.
Some people getting shut down early AFTER it turned Monday their time has nothing to do with learning to use a calendar, I'm sure they didn't just press an off switch and disabling the servers took time, thus causing different times for different people.

Either way, how long ago did they announce this shutdown? If you waited until the final hours to pop something then that's on you.
It's a moot point in how long they announced it. Not everybody has the benefit of not having to work full time. It's not their fault about that but when you set aside what time you can put into a long grind and then they start the process of shutting the game down a head of their announced time frame (emphasize TIME FRAME not DATE), that's a lame thing to do. I never once was stressing or scrambling to finish this game because, I personally, wanted to play the game on the last day and I figured I'd get the remaining bit of heals done whilst having fun. I, like others, planned that around what they announced. To my own failure, I figured if they announced a shutdown so far in advance, they'd stick to the announced time frame. Not start shutting everything down hours sooner than intended. That move screwed players, simply put. Regardless whether if some people were scrambling or having fun. I'm equally as frustrated for my last achievement be rendered unobtainable as I am frustrated for not being able to play with the group I was playing with (most of whom got to play almost another 2 hours).

But so what, why stay frustrated? I'll just speed through their remaining games since I like achievements and would prefer not to make the same mistake with trusting their announcements again, then just be done with that developer. It's not like they got any other games announced (as far as I know at this precise time).

If you want to continue white knighting for ToyLogic and arguing with total strangers online, have fun. It's your own time, waste it however you want. Personally, I'd rather waste my time with games. Which is what I'm going to do right now. Also, and I do mean this sincerely despite not agreeing with you, have a good day. I'm just going to leave this game where it belongs: in the past.

wave
Im Single Again
Posted on 19 December 18 at 18:53
"If you want to continue white knighting for ToyLogic and arguing with total strangers online, have fun. It's your own time, waste it however you want. Personally, I'd rather waste my time with games. Which is what I'm going to do right now. Also, and I do mean this sincerely despite not agreeing with you, have a good day. I'm just going to leave this game where it belongs: in the past."

I came here to find a quotable and left more than satisfied.
Case Closed so don't debate it.
Boots Orion
Boots Orion
Posted on 21 December 18 at 19:49
Postmortimus said:
I'm aware. It was more how other people continued to be able to play for a while after me and a small handful of others couldn't. I figured they shut the game down about 7am utc time (2am est time). Happy Dungeons is scheduled for 7am utc in June. Makes me wonder if they'll jump the gun again.

Guess I should just 100% that asap instead of spreading it out like I did with Happy Wars.
Dude....your completion percentage is worse than mine. Not sure why you care so much. Furthermore, you had many years to complete this (including several months between the server closure announcement and the actual closure) and chose to wait until the very last minute to get it done. Stop whining. It's your fault you didn't complete all of the achievements, not theirs for closing the servers half a day early.

planting42 said:
Living Legends said:
Orodeth Prime said:
How hard could it be to let achievements pop on the not-longer-working 360 version when you boot the game, after you met the requirements on the One version?

Inability can be countered by outsourcing.
well if the 360 game cant connect to the servers how would it know you did it?
...and its a bit of a slap in the face to those of us who DID do the achievements years ago.

RIP Happy Wars - one of my favorite 360 games.
100% agree, planting.

I didn't complete this game, but whenever gamers suggest that all achievements that are now unobtainable should unlock for them just by booting the game up I get annoyed. Achievements are to be earned - not handed out as though they are a right. Happy Wars XB1 is not Happy Wars Xbox 360. Achievement progress is tracked separately. Deal with it. If you don't like that, then don't play both versions. Stick to one and finish that.
Apparently you don't know what redundant means.
SpeedBumpVDrop
Posted on 16 March 19 at 05:04
Thank goodness I got this done like 6 years ago.
Aura Battler
Aura Battler
Posted on 20 April 19 at 12:30
Glad I have got all achievements for both 360 & X1 versions.

That was a good time when playing with friends but not the achievements! shock
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.