Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games with Gold Titles Revealed for January 2019

AuthorMessage
Dark Death 90
Dark Death 90
Posted on 25 December 18 at 00:59
Vitiated1 said:
So this month it was a 20 cent OG Xbox Game and next month is a repeated title? Absolute joke compared to what Sony usually offers.
LOL are you joking? GwG regularly stomps PS+. And we are getting Celeste, next month, a game that is fantastic by all accounts. It pays for the month by itself.
#1 Resident Evil Fan.
IAteA11ThePies
Posted on 25 December 18 at 11:01
So am I the only one that has worked out why the Lara Croft game is being repeated? I've not seen any mention of it in the article or elsewhere, but... Yeah. I'm Sherlock fecking Holmes! laugh

Somehow, 8 years after the games release, there was new DLC released for it the other day. No achievements [it appears, if the lack of TA picking them up is accurate] - but they likely want to boost its sales and know that without doing something of note it'd likely go unnoticed otherwise. As it seems is indeed the case anyway...
JCDRANZER
JCDRANZER
Posted on 27 December 18 at 10:39
IAteA11ThePies said:
So am I the only one that has worked out why the Lara Croft game is being repeated? I've not seen any mention of it in the article or elsewhere, but... Yeah. I'm Sherlock fecking Holmes! laugh

Somehow, 8 years after the games release, there was new DLC released for it the other day. No achievements [it appears, if the lack of TA picking them up is accurate] - but they likely want to boost its sales and know that without doing something of note it'd likely go unnoticed otherwise. As it seems is indeed the case anyway...
Interesting but damn is that annoying.
John Acey
John Acey
Posted on 28 December 18 at 21:29, Edited on 28 December 18 at 21:29 by John Acey
My interest percentages for the games:

Rally Game - 0% (well it's rally.... Fine!) - 2%
- I guess I can have a giggle for half a minute in the first race.

Celeste - 95%
- Don't know much about it. Despite gamestyle doesn't look like a game I would play by screenies, the praises have got me highly interested of it.

Guardian Of Light - 85%
- Missed lot of gold games at first when didn't know about them, I'm now getting this missed one aswell. I'm in believe it has online co-op so that should be high fun with my irl.

FarCry 2 - 15%
- Player thru the story on Steam, so.. not gonna play thru the story again. Still, might have some fun in the multiplays for short period.
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 29 December 18 at 03:19, Edited on 29 December 18 at 03:40 by KBop a doo
IAteA11ThePies said:

If you're talking about the All The Trappings Challenge Pack 1 and Things That Go Boom Challenge Pack 2 that have release dates of December 19th, 2018, they were actually released back in 2010, haha. You can find video/news articles of the challenge packs from way back when. Also, those are Challenge Packs 1 and 2, and you can see that Challenge Pack 3 has a release date of December 8th, 2010, meaning 1 and 2 would have been released earlier.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/lara-croft-and...

Edit: Although now I'm not quite sure if they ever came to Xbox 360? Just looking quickly (on mobile) only brings up PS3/PC stuff. I must have been remembering them from the other platforms they released on. So perhaps new to Xbox, but not quite new.

Edit 2: Upon further searching, it says Challenge Pack 2 never came to Xbox 360 due to "unforeseen problems."

https://twitter.com/tombraider/status/41965318020669440

But as far as I can tell, the other, All the Trappings, did.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/lara-croft-and-the-...

Still, interesting stuff! laugh And someone who knows their way around the store better than me or remembers from back then can probably provide better information than me. This was done with a few quick minutes of googling etc.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 29 December 18 at 03:56
Yes, it appears to have been console exclusive to PS3. There is a thread on TA about it.
Things That Go Boom Challenge Pack 2 finally available on Xbox
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 29 December 18 at 04:03, Edited on 29 December 18 at 04:04 by KBop a doo
Shinnizle said:
Yes, it appears to have been console exclusive to PS3. There is a thread on TA about it.
Things That Go Boom Challenge Pack 2 finally available on Xbox
I wonder why the first pack also got an updated release date when it appears to have been successfully released for 360 back in the day, unlike the second pack
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.