Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games with Gold Titles Revealed for January 2019

AuthorMessage
WretchedChair21
Posted on 20 December 18 at 16:39
I could have sworn that the Lara Croft game we got before was for the xbox one, not the 360
Cylon 118
Cylon 118
Posted on 20 December 18 at 16:40
Yeah guardians has been on before but there where a few titles near the start of the programme before I realised it was a thing that I missed so if they put a few of them back on its not a problem for me.
TrueAssassin86x
Posted on 20 December 18 at 16:41
Wow Celeste was on my to buy Christmas digital wishlist. Thanks Microsoft!
Fan of games not game companys. You dont like it tough. Im no winey fanboy.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 20 December 18 at 16:42
N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
Wow, Celeste! That’s a get. I’ll finally see what the hype is about.
This. Not sure how excited I am about WRC and FarCry 2, I'll have to look into them!
Legohead 1977
Psychotic Sully
Posted on 20 December 18 at 16:43
JCDRANZER said:
Guardians of Light is a massive worry, it was a Games with Gold title before back in 2014.

This is worse than getting Mercenaries this month because what if it becomes like the Japanese Games with Gold where they constantly get repeat offerings.
I know right!

They should give games like Fear 2 for free since that hasn’t been repeated shock

I suppose it has to be authorised by developers if they wish to list their game for free so but that’s example there of a game that hasn’t been games with gold...
“The Shadows Rushed Me” achievement should be a 1:00 ratio
UnfurledEmu75
UnfurledEmu75
Posted on 20 December 18 at 16:43
Can't remember the last time they gave a expensive game. WRC6 was 10€ on sale, battlefield was free and also came with EA access...
Hazar Khall
Hazar Khall
Posted on 20 December 18 at 16:45
It might be because Ive been under a rock but I havent read up on Celeste, though I own Farcry and the TR game so it will be a welcome addition regardless ✌
Go big or go home (>*_*)>---gs
robthehermit
robthehermit
Posted on 20 December 18 at 16:47
Meh.
AndreFlash83
AndreFlash83
Posted on 20 December 18 at 16:48
Only played FC2, so 3 more good games to play clap
Calrethi
Calrethi
Posted on 20 December 18 at 16:49
planting42 said:
I'd rather another OG Xbox game over a repeat. Poor form for your Xmas offering MS warning

Get FC2 done while the servers are up. Its been a royal mess as of late!
It would be a poor xmas offering in January ;)
Gerbasgamer
Gerbasgamer
Posted on 20 December 18 at 16:52
Good month if it wasn't for the repeated game.
I hope it's a mistake. Might help to contact MS about that.
MushaConvoy
MushaConvoy
Posted on 20 December 18 at 16:52
Keen to check out Celeste, like Q.U.B.E. 2, was unavailable in Australia until it went GWG, hopefully the same here as I was anticipating not being able to get it in the holiday sale
Peace Through Tyranny
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 20 December 18 at 16:53
So very happy about Celeste, what a great game to give with gold. Wanted that for ages.
iMaginaryy
iMaginaryy
Posted on 20 December 18 at 16:53
UnfurledEmu75 said:
Can't remember the last time they gave a expensive game. WRC6 was 10€ on sale, battlefield was free and also came with EA access...
I mean Celeste ain't exactly cheap for non-goliath game.

Psychotic Sully said:
JCDRANZER said:
Guardians of Light is a massive worry, it was a Games with Gold title before back in 2014.

This is worse than getting Mercenaries this month because what if it becomes like the Japanese Games with Gold where they constantly get repeat offerings.
I know right!

They should give games like Fear 2 for free since that hasn’t been repeated shock

I suppose it has to be authorised by developers if they wish to list their game for free so but that’s example there of a game that hasn’t been games with gold...
I'd support any of the Fears for sure, even though I own most of them. In fact, FEAR Files please. Only one I don't have I think.

Also, yeah, it's probably hard for them to get offers/approval during the Holiday season since that's probably one of the best selling times for most companies.
Fear is the mindkiller.
vSully
vSully
Posted on 20 December 18 at 16:55
Anyone know what the WRC completion is like?
keoskey
keoskey
Posted on 20 December 18 at 16:56
still want to get the stupid farcry to online done like many woo i can double box now
[url=http://xboxamerica.com/?r=card-23392][img]http://xboxamerica.com/gamercards/slim-summary/keoske
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Shame it's not WRC7, that game is awesome on the X.
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mataeus
punkyliar
punkyliar
AlterPred said:
CodeMonkeysGuy said:
Is this the first time a game has been games with gold twice?
PunkyLiar doing the research like compute

I'm sure a few of us are really curious on that.
Someone knows me a bit too well.

In the early days of the program on Xbox One, some titles were offered over multiple months -- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, Crimson Dragon, and Pool Nation FX -- but these weren't repeats, just that they had longer periods in the program than what is now a more common period of a month.

There has also been cases of a game being offered on Xbox One during one period of time and on Xbox 360 during another. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and Castlestorm spring to mind. There was also the month that The Walking Dead was offered on both Xbox One and Xbox 360 simultaneously. Technically these aren't repeats either, although some would disagree.

Some regions have seen repeat titles before. Regions like Australia, Japan and Germany don't always have access to the listed game due to certification issues or something similar that means the game isn't available on their Store. As such, they get replacements, and over the years, some of those replacements have been repeat titles. For instance, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood and Kalimba have both popped up in these regions more than once.

However, for regions like America and the majority of Europe where availability isn't usually an issue, this is indeed the first time a game has been offered on multiple occasions on the same platform.
Simm
Simm
Posted on 20 December 18 at 16:58
Awesome month! Been wanting to play Celeste and I'll boost FC2 for sure. I started that game way back in 2009 but only played the single player.
Quickdontdie
Quickdontdie
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:02
I own 2 copies of WRC 6 facepalm
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.