Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games with Gold Titles Revealed for January 2019

AuthorMessage
The Noto
The Noto
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:11
Psychotic Sully said:
Yes people can now boost this with ease especially since it has a 16 player achievement which shouldn’t faze any of you because it’s easy now with it being backwards compatible and free with gold.
I already got War Party taken care of a while ago. It's just down to Ranks, Revives and Field Manuals for me.
Er PaBlEtOr
Er PaBlEtOr
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:12
Lara croft was already a games with gold 4 years ago. angry
L4D Pills Here
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:13
Hitman Marko said:
I bought Far Cry 2 in a sale and still haven't played it. Waste of money, what a twat. facepalm
me too :(
pilz
PhillipWendell
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:13
Will likely play Celeste and just add the others to make me feel good about how many games I have, but will never play. :)
Jay Insomniak
Jay Insomniak
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:15
If all they could get was old Tomb Raider games why not get Legend instead of repeating GoL? It hasn't been offered and it has overpriced DLC win win.... I feel like MS has already checked out of the 360 titles knowing Sony will no longer be competing in that area, not that the selection has been that great for the longest time.
My favourite colour is red
Itzz Sh0wt1m3
Itzz Sh0wt1m3
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:15
Will definitely give wrc6 a try
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:18
A surprise to see Celeste, but a welcome one. I'll definitely be grabbing that.

I also need to finish Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light with a partner. I was able to dual box most of the co-op achievments, but one of them is a pain in the ass to do alone.
See You Space Cowboy...
ArkhmInmate0801
ArkhmInmate0801
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:18
Nice. I enjoy the WRC games, and I am curious about FC2.
Balnazzard
Balnazzard
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:19, Edited on 20 December 18 at 17:20 by Balnazzard
L4D Pills Here said:
Hitman Marko said:
I bought Far Cry 2 in a sale and still haven't played it. Waste of money, what a twat. facepalm
me too :(
Well look on the bright side, atleast you didnt pay full price from it like some Battlefield V players and then the price got cut in half :D
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:21
i'll enjoy WRC6 for sure. since they are now repeating GWG titles, just stop offering 360 games and go all XBONE!!

clap
LilGurgi
LilGurgi
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:23
Per-XboxOne I may have missed a few games with gold titles due to no space on my 360 or wasn't interested in the game (at the time). If they start sprinkling in 360 titles every now and then for a 2nd time it's not the worst thing in the world. It helps people like me, or possibly some newer gamers who were not on the network at that time.

To criticize this (first time since 2014?) would be like criticizing the entire GWG program because you buy all games instantly and complain because "you already had all 4 games" each month. As my co-worker says "first world problems".
BlackxRyan
BlackxRyan
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:29
Great for Celeste !
Coffee 1893
Coffee 1893
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:31
Might get WRC 6 if people are up for boosting?
Q u 4 lK e
Q u 4 lK e
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:32
If I'd anyone wants to boost Far Cry, hit me up!! I already have a bunch of the easy maps downloaded, and I've done the annoying weps already (God, the Dart Rifle...)
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:33, Edited on 20 December 18 at 17:52 by HolyHalfDead
punkyliar said:
AlterPred said:
CodeMonkeysGuy said:
Is this the first time a game has been games with gold twice?
PunkyLiar doing the research like compute

I'm sure a few of us are really curious on that.
Someone knows me a bit too well.

In the early days of the program on Xbox One, some titles were offered over multiple months -- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, Crimson Dragon, and Pool Nation FX -- but these weren't repeats, just that they had longer periods in the program than what is now a more common period of a month.

There has also been cases of a game being offered on Xbox One during one period of time and on Xbox 360 during another. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and Castlestorm spring to mind. There was also the month that The Walking Dead was offered on both Xbox One and Xbox 360 simultaneously. Technically these aren't repeats either, although some would disagree.

Some regions have seen repeat titles before. Regions like Australia, Japan and Germany don't always have access to the listed game due to certification issues or something similar that means the game isn't available on their Store. As such, they get replacements, and over the years, some of those replacements have been repeat titles. For instance, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood and Kalimba have both popped up in these regions more than once.

However, for regions like America and the majority of Europe where availability isn't usually an issue, this is indeed the first time a game has been offered on multiple occasions on the same platform.
HolyHalfDead's blog post - Games with Gold

In January 2018 Tomb Raider: Underworld was a repeat from January 2014

Here’s a few more I’m sure some people missed, and so wouldn’t mind them repeating:
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD
Shadowrun
Lost Planet 2
Dead Island Riptide (Xbox 360)
Halo Wars
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Spiderman Noire
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:35
vSully said:
Anyone know what the WRC completion is like?
Long and painful. I am doing it now and it is easily 100+ hours
Spiderman Noire
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:36
I am looking for someone for WRC 6 so hit me up
CheshireMulisha
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:38
Pretty meh month for me. Might try Celeste at some point.

Seems like the 360 GWG is slowly dying. 1st an OG game and then a repeat the next month.
adamrulz
adamrulz
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:39
Yay, it finally paid off to not buy the game before I had time to play it...will definitely be getting Celeste now!!
Sol76
Sol76
Posted on 20 December 18 at 17:40
I have no problems with repeats but give them as an extra for the “new” gold subs on top of the fresh ones. Everybody happy then and it is not that they give away a full priced game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.