Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games with Gold Titles Revealed for January 2019

AuthorMessage
Shadow2327
Shadow2327
Posted on 21 December 18 at 03:43
First gold game I got was GOL thanks Xbox for the repeat, I guess that’s what happens when you run out of 360 titles to give away
Shadow2327
rumandcokeslurp
Posted on 21 December 18 at 03:49
looking forward to Celeste! I almost bought that on multiple occasions this year!
Rob
iMaginaryy
iMaginaryy
Posted on 21 December 18 at 03:54
dlCHIEF58 said:
Buttercup III said:
dlCHIEF58 said:
JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:
Are you kidding me with the repeats? They still have plenty left on 360:

AC: Rogue, Brotherhood and Liberation that were never GWG, FC 3 and 4, Watch dogs 360, Dead Island Riptide, Disney games, EA games, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Lego games, etc

That is just off the top of my head.....
And many of those you listed are not BC yet, so would not be eligible for a GwG yet. Still there are a lot of games they could have offered in place of a repeated one, even a few you mentioned.
I don’t think you understand how this works. The games that are chosen for GWG are made back compat, it’s not a requirement the other way around
I understand perfectly how it works. I also know that no more BC games are being released at this time of year due to the holiday break given to MS employees hence my statement. If not already BC then they won't make the list for January games, common sense there bub.

Seems I know more regarding the situation than you do.
I mean honestly, and I'm sure many here would agree, I think I'd rather them make exceptions to the "must be BC" rule than make exceptions to the "no repeats" rule.

But still not really complaining, because Celeste is worth it enough for me (as I own all the others).
Fear is the mindkiller.
OldSchoolBlood
Posted on 21 December 18 at 05:05
How crazy is the FC2 completion? Is it an easy boost? Just curious what I am getting into. Thanks.
Armstrong x360a
Posted on 21 December 18 at 05:05
Very much looking forward to Celeste.

Also excited for the ratio bump for Far Cry 2. That game is super grindy (both SP and MP); I assume most people won't complete it...
GremlinLord615
Posted on 21 December 18 at 05:19
Yikes. None of these look particularly good to me. Celeste looks like yet another retro platformer, I'm terrible at driving games, and GOL is utter garbage for a SECOND TIME. It started fun, but then the controls were awful and the time trials so infuriating. It kept the timer going while forcing you to watch preset cut scenes and actions. It was a proud and relieving moment to delete that heinous game from my harddrive. Far Cry looks the least annoying...but thats not saying much.
GremlinLord615-Always willing if you're nice.
Jay Insomniak
Jay Insomniak
Posted on 21 December 18 at 07:00
Shadow2327 said:
First gold game I got was GOL thanks Xbox for the repeat, I guess that’s what happens when you run out of 360 titles to give away
They've far from run out, they haven't even given every first party game yet.
My favourite colour is red
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 21 December 18 at 08:53
OldSchoolBlood said:
How crazy is the FC2 completion? Is it an easy boost? Just curious what I am getting into. Thanks.
Servers are very unreliable now, which is the biggest problem. If you can double box, then it's quite easy (After you've got the 16 player achievement and a couple of 3 player boosts). If you're looking to do it with someone else, it would be a royal pain.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 21 December 18 at 09:55
Other regions have gotten regions when whatever it is hasn't been available there, usually in Asia.

But I'm getting Celeste, so I don't care about a double on GoL.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
Myckel Jay
Myckel Jay
Posted on 21 December 18 at 10:27
Is Lara Croft the first time they've repeated a GWG title in Europe/North America?
spankyNspronkle
Posted on 21 December 18 at 11:00
Myckel Jay said:
Is Lara Croft the first time they've repeated a GWG title in Europe/North America?
Someone did a nice write up breaking it down earlier in the thread, but the short answer is yes.
Stinky Big Buds
Posted on 21 December 18 at 11:29
Nice month, i'll look forward to trying Celeste at the very least.
N3ON Saint
N3ON Saint
Posted on 21 December 18 at 11:31
I swear that tomb raider game was already a game with gold forever ago
-Saint
planchetflaw
planchetflaw
Posted on 21 December 18 at 14:01
Either Lollipop Chainsaw is getting a re-make or I'm never going to see this game on the One.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 21 December 18 at 14:11
The new Xbox is coming out in less than 2 years. Do you really think that they were going to keep pumping out 360 games forever? For me, I'm never starting a new 360 game again.
IRISH PATRIOT x
Posted on 21 December 18 at 14:15
I don't have any, so great month for me!
Don't bro me if you don't know me.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 21 December 18 at 15:48
Great month!

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is not available in Brazil though. If they can't license it this time again they will give another game. Underworld probably.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 21 December 18 at 15:58
atryeu1 said:
Is the Tomb Raider game split screen co-op or is it online/system link only? Ugh, and it is better than that Underworld one? I didn't like that one :(
It's a twin stick shooter with some platforming.
Well, actually a platformer with some twin stick shooting haha
You will love it! wink It's a great game.
The coop is on the same screen, with 2 diferent characters. You also can download more characters for free or purchase others.
N7 Bi0tic
N7 Bi0tic
Posted on 21 December 18 at 16:07
Celeste? Nice!
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 21 December 18 at 16:36, Edited on 21 December 18 at 16:37 by HolyHalfDead
Tr1ckstr360 said:
Just a little help to everyone. I found this site useful myself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_with_Gold_games
or with links HolyHalfDead's blog post - Games with Gold
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.