Game Discussion: Pillars of Eternity

Achievements dont unlock

• BorshajenBorshajen2,419,730
    Posted on 21 December 18 at 09:35, Edited on 21 December 18 at 13:58 by Borshajen
    Hello

I seem to have really bad luck with many achievements not unlocking for me, these achievements are:

For buying all the upgrades for the keep

For attain rank 3 in at least 3 dispositions

For completing each stronghold adventure

For Recruiting all companions

And killed over 3000 enemies but got the achievement for killing less than 175 instead shock

And made saves just before completing the things above, reloading and do it againg wont work either.

Dont know what to do, try to reinstall the game and make a new playthrough?

I am really dissapointed now angry
  • DrunkenSaMuRaiiDrunkenSaMuRaii1,571,039
    Posted on 14 January 19 at 20:46
    Yeah the rank 3 in 3 dispositions hasnt unlocked for me either i have 2 rank 4s and a 3 still nothing. I will try to get a 4th disposition to 3 and hope that works.

I tried the turning off and reloading just before the 3rd went to 3 as well but it did not unlock.

I imagine starting a new game is your only option but its really weird you got the achievement for killing less than 175 its like its not tracking right for the achievements they might need to be flagged as glitchy.

If anyone else reading this has any ideas similar problems or solutions please let us all know.
    Posted on 19 January 19 at 20:58
    I am not having much luck with this game either, i should have unlocked the achievement for 5 upgrades (i have done 8 now) and for recruiting all 8 companions as well. Totally gutted.
  • Posted on 20 January 19 at 02:17, Edited on 20 January 19 at 15:45 by StanleyCup CAPS
    I hate the day I started this terrible game. I have completed the requirements, several times over, for:

The Storied Adventurer
    Explorer
    From the Clouds to the Depths

No achievement. What a waste of a lot of time. These were not easy/short to obtain and I can't imagine playing this horrible game again trying to re-get them. angry

---------------------

EDIT: I decided to just finish out the game and got the achievement Relative Pacifism (for killing less than 175) when I had well over 2,500 kills and should have gotten Super Murderer. shock This game is utter garbage.
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 12:50
    It seems to me the counters are way off as the achievements for completing missions and acts are unlocking but any achievement with a running counter might not unlock.

It makes me think the counters must randomly reset the fact that at least two people now have got relative pacifism instead of the intended super murderer, and it took me 13 upgrades to unlock the 5 keep upgrade achievement, i even boosted all upgrades by fast travelling but didnt get that achievement.
  • KingGonadKingGonad414,823
    Posted on 28 January 19 at 01:50
    Me too. Issues so far with Disposition, Watcher with Eight Friends and Super Murderer. Milestone cheeves have popped ok e.g. Heir of Caled Nua, Act 1 so does seem to involve progress based cheeves.

Have touched base with Paradox & the tech guys are unaware of any possible patch - it's a legacy title these days - but maybe if enough of us point out the consistent glitching we might see an update? Yes optimist yadda yadda I know but it couldn't be too hard to fix?

Meantime, I've gone to Xbox tech support and pointed out the failure of all achievement glitch workarounds (reboots, adding profile again etc.) to resolve the issue and asked for a manual unlock. Will advise if they come to the party.
  • Posted on 28 January 19 at 04:51
    I'm encountering a similar issue for All Upgrades in Stronghold, Disposition, and The Watcher With Eight Friends. Hopefully I won't encounter the same issue with the other achievements you guys are mentioning. :(
    Posted on 30 January 19 at 17:00
    KingGonad said:
    Me too. Issues so far with Disposition, Watcher with Eight Friends and Super Murderer. Milestone cheeves have popped ok e.g. Heir of Caled Nua, Act 1 so does seem to involve progress based cheeves.

Have touched base with Paradox & the tech guys are unaware of any possible patch - it's a legacy title these days - but maybe if enough of us point out the consistent glitching we might see an update? Yes optimist yadda yadda I know but it couldn't be too hard to fix?

Meantime, I've gone to Xbox tech support and pointed out the failure of all achievement glitch workarounds (reboots, adding profile again etc.) to resolve the issue and asked for a manual unlock. Will advise if they come to the party.
    Thank you for your efforts, i am guessing there must have been an update or something around the start of last december because no one has earnt super murderer (kill 1200 or more) since the 2nd of december which seems to be the easier of the two. Yet at least 10 people have earnt relative pacifism (fewer than 175 kills) in the same period of time which has got to be harder.

Does any one know if there was a patch or update?
    Posted on 30 January 19 at 17:33
    Yeah there was a patch which i am guessing is what is causing all the achievement problems.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/patch...

I want to do some more testing but i think the bug happens when you switch your console off it seems to reset the counters.

For instance i killed both dragons without turning off my console and it did unlock, i will post any other info.
    Posted on 31 January 19 at 09:27
    Well so far lets just say that I have gotten three fifths of bugger all assistance from anything microsoft or xbox tech support related etc.

Am in Australia so cant call 1800 number but have found an Australian based phone line so will try the direct approach.

Aint holding my breath as I reckon I will be a spectacular shade of purple before I get anything worthwhile out of them but gotta try...
    Posted on 31 January 19 at 09:33
    Just got this back from Paradox.

Good morning!
    The game isn't in development actually and we have no developers working on it. Also, since it's console, changing it is trickier than it seems ;). Every time any kind of change is made it needs to go through a certification process and it can take two weeks for Microsoft to approve it. To be honest I highly doubt this will ever be fixed but I'll open a report and stick it in the backlog so if someone does go back on the project they will know there is an issue and hopefully address it.

So its Xbox support or nothin' apparently
    Posted on 31 January 19 at 10:24
    KingGonad said:
    Just got this back from Paradox.

Good morning!
    The game isn't in development actually and we have no developers working on it. Also, since it's console, changing it is trickier than it seems ;). Every time any kind of change is made it needs to go through a certification process and it can take two weeks for Microsoft to approve it. To be honest I highly doubt this will ever be fixed but I'll open a report and stick it in the backlog so if someone does go back on the project they will know there is an issue and hopefully address it.

So its Xbox support or nothin' apparently
    I just set up a paradox account and put a ticket in, i had to give it a try.

I finished up the game and also did not get super murderer (i got relative pacifism instead)
    explorer and storied adventurer.

I have also put in achievement flag submissions for all the problematic achievements on here so at least any one thinking of starting this game will no what they are in for.
    Posted on 31 January 19 at 12:56
    Yeah got near enough the same message as you from paradox

Good afternoon!
    It's possible that the achivement is broken but I can't see any reports about it. I'll open a new one to the developers. Something to keep in mind though is that the game is not in active development and there is a chance that this will never be fixed :(. Fear not though, the devs have my report and if/when someone gets back on the project they will check it out.

Its like a lot of achievements this generation, if its broken why fix it.
  • dud1eydud1ey206,547
    Posted on 01 February 19 at 00:50
    I ran into the same issue on The Watcher With Eight Friends, everything else popped until that point without issue. I had left the game running without reloading or exiting right until I reached Dyrford Village, so it does seem that loading from a save doesn't load the data into the variables that are used to get achievements to pop, but does load into the game stats variables.

There seems to be a pretty easy, but time consuming, way to test this, but someone who hasn't beaten the game, run through killing everyone and ignoring everything else, without loading or resetting the game. Then make a hard save before Thaos and finish the game. I would expect Super Murderer would pop at this point since we're relying on the in game counters instead of the saved data values. Then reload the hard save or exit and restart the game and then load the hard save and repeat beating the game, if Relative Pacifist pops, we have confirmation that the variables that get loaded aren't correctly being applied to the, API call(?), for the achievements.

Might not get us anywhere with Paradox, but can at least get us a known work around for any achievement that relies on past actions, which is like 14 in total?
  • Posted on 02 February 19 at 18:18
    Just beat the game and somehow ended up unlocking Relative Pacifism even though I had 1500+ enemies killed.
    Posted on 08 February 19 at 15:55
    dud1ey said:
    I ran into the same issue on The Watcher With Eight Friends, everything else popped until that point without issue. I had left the game running without reloading or exiting right until I reached Dyrford Village, so it does seem that loading from a save doesn't load the data into the variables that are used to get achievements to pop, but does load into the game stats variables.

There seems to be a pretty easy, but time consuming, way to test this, but someone who hasn't beaten the game, run through killing everyone and ignoring everything else, without loading or resetting the game. Then make a hard save before Thaos and finish the game. I would expect Super Murderer would pop at this point since we're relying on the in game counters instead of the saved data values. Then reload the hard save or exit and restart the game and then load the hard save and repeat beating the game, if Relative Pacifist pops, we have confirmation that the variables that get loaded aren't correctly being applied to the, API call(?), for the achievements.

Might not get us anywhere with Paradox, but can at least get us a known work around for any achievement that relies on past actions, which is like 14 in total?
    I speed ran through the story without turning off the console and managed to get all upgrades, disposition and the watcher with eight friends, so it seems highly likely you could unlock all achievements this way.

The trouble is the storied adventurer, explorer and super murderer take a very long time to unlock, by the time i was near the end game i only had 400 kills towards super murderer, and had only one level 2 and one level 3 stronghold adventure so you would have to do about half of the total game content which would take ages without turning off.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 February 19 at 12:41
    I'm also having the problem with not unlocking the companions and upgrades achievements.
    I don't have 3 dispositions yet.

May it be possible, that the update just deleted our progress?
    I have started the game before the update. So maybe I recruited 2 companions before the update and 6 after and now the ingame counter is sitting at 6/8?
    Is it possible when you got the pacifist achievement with say 2000 kills, that you got 1900 before the update and only 100 after, so the game still thinks you only have 100 kills?

I'm dreading having to do this game in "one sitting"
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 February 19 at 14:51
    OK, so I completed the game and got the pacifist achievement. However I completed a part of chapter 2, chapter 3 and white march part 1 after the update, so I think I'll killed way more than 175 after the update, so I guess the achievement didn't just reset the counter, but it is indeed reset upon restarting the game/the console.

Appearently all achievements worked properly before the update.
    Is it possible to play the game offline (from disc), fulfill the achievement requirements and only then go online and have the achievements unlock?
  • dud1eydud1ey206,547
    Posted on 14 February 19 at 21:13
    DrunkenSaMuRaii said:
    I speed ran through the story without turning off the console and managed to get all upgrades, disposition and the watcher with eight friends, so it seems highly likely you could unlock all achievements this way.

The trouble is the storied adventurer, explorer and super murderer take a very long time to unlock, by the time i was near the end game i only had 400 kills towards super murderer, and had only one level 2 and one level 3 stronghold adventure so you would have to do about half of the total game content which would take ages without turning off.
    Yeah, 100 hours or so without switching off or to something else would suck, but at least we have confirmation of the exact issue and a work around (as unpleasant as it is). I guess our only hope now is that it gets fixes and once we reload a save it causes the achievements to pop correctly. On the bright side it fixes the need for 2 playthroughs for Relative Pacifism and Super Murderer? I'll show myself out now ...
  • Posted on 21 February 19 at 04:26
    Wow, spent over an hour to kill the Adra Dragon and didn’t get the achievement to unlock even though I already killed the sky dragon. This broken achievement issue is annoying.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads