Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

2018's Easiest Achievement Lists - Earn 20,000 Gamerscore in 15 Hours

• mummy68mummy68431,460
    Posted on 26 December 18 at 10:23
    All those achievements with a ratio of 1 are totally useless..
    O_o--!!! mummy68 !!!--o_O
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666183,904
    Posted on 26 December 18 at 12:21
    mummy68 said:
    All those achievements with a ratio of 1 are totally useless..
    Useless to who? The less than 1% of Xbox owners that use this site.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
  • Posted on 26 December 18 at 12:36
    If anyone could hit me with an answer, would be appreciative. It's been so many years since I've achievement hunted, started back up recently again. (My xbox's were stolen) I was told I could play some Xbox one games on the PC, ones that I had bought, and some of the digital ones they replaced the Arcade with I guess, as well.

Having a rather shitty time trying to browse the Microsofts mess of a store to see any correlation with what I was told, or see any of my existing library.

But I'm starting to think I might just have to wait a few more months til I can afford another console. I thought you could load up Bioshock 2 on the pc for instance?

Or did they switch some shit around? For being a giant tech company, nothing's very intuitive or fluid lol. Thanks in advance on the unlikely chance anyone found this and deigned to respond
  • Posted on 26 December 18 at 17:23
    Hatred Prophet said:
    If anyone could hit me with an answer, would be appreciative. It's been so many years since I've achievement hunted, started back up recently again. (My xbox's were stolen) I was told I could play some Xbox one games on the PC, ones that I had bought, and some of the digital ones they replaced the Arcade with I guess, as well.

Having a rather shitty time trying to browse the Microsofts mess of a store to see any correlation with what I was told, or see any of my existing library.

But I'm starting to think I might just have to wait a few more months til I can afford another console. I thought you could load up Bioshock 2 on the pc for instance?

Or did they switch some shit around? For being a giant tech company, nothing's very intuitive or fluid lol. Thanks in advance on the unlikely chance anyone found this and deigned to respond
    Check the list here (Full Games List) and add the 'Other Filters' filter for 'Xbox Play Anywhere'.

These are the games that can be played on either, assuming of course that you own a digital copy (as xbox game disks for these titles cannot be played under the same Play Anywhere system).
  • PangoBaraPangoBara1,460,916
    Posted on 26 December 18 at 17:40
    ^That's exactly where you wanna look. That's also assuming that you have Windows 10 to actually play the Play Anywhere games
    Santino
  • TheWings977TheWings977186,534
    Posted on 26 December 18 at 22:18
    AlcaJoe said:
    For me all of these games are garbage and not worth my money. I like some little diamonds like Ori, Limbo, Telltale, Life is Strange but there doesn't seem anything like that.

With limited time, there are many other better games to deal with. Next on my list: Darksiders III, Kingdom Hearts III, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, CODE VEIN, Devil May Cry 5, Resident Evil 2. This will fill the whole 2019 for me...
    Letsgoooooooo! Cant wait!
  • Smudgenat0rSmudgenat0r741,344
    Posted on 27 December 18 at 17:00
    For the record Inksplosion is not an easy game. I can’t play it for the life of me! laugh
  • AlgurAlgur282,927
    Posted on 27 December 18 at 21:10
    AGGY AggressoR said:
    Daky1001 said:
    Gamerscore is worthless now
    it was never worth anything to begin with.
    It is actually worth something thanks to Von Coin now. Not much though.
  • AlgurAlgur282,927
    Posted on 27 December 18 at 21:13
    SheBeatsYou said:
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    Mark, is there any chance with these sort of articles that you can add regional pricing? It’s weird that this is a British site but the article is in US currency. Just feels wrong.
    Just multiply everything by 2.5 and you get Europes prices. facepalm
    Conversion rates fluctuate.
  • AlgurAlgur282,927
    Posted on 27 December 18 at 21:21
    HighT3chR3dn3ck said:
    This is exactly why I've stopped getting gamerscore. The whole system is broken and devalued everything I accomplished.

I knew this day would come someday, I had just hoped it would be longer. I have loved this hobby for over a decade, and now it's no longer a hobby. It's a pile of wasted time and I don't even care enough to get to 500k.

Heck even game completions don't really mean anything anymore. I have over 500 completed games, and that used to be something I really enjoyed. Now it's just like nothing.
    Work on your ratio then. Go for rare achievements.
  • darkwing1232darkwing1232813,086
    Posted on 29 December 18 at 03:18
    Algur said:
    HighT3chR3dn3ck said:
    This is exactly why I've stopped getting gamerscore. The whole system is broken and devalued everything I accomplished.

I knew this day would come someday, I had just hoped it would be longer. I have loved this hobby for over a decade, and now it's no longer a hobby. It's a pile of wasted time and I don't even care enough to get to 500k.

Heck even game completions don't really mean anything anymore. I have over 500 completed games, and that used to be something I really enjoyed. Now it's just like nothing.
    Work on your ratio then. Go for rare achievements.
    Or if you really want a challenge, the next achievement tournament coming up this summer will have a scoring system based on TA/GS ratio so all these easy games will be worth almost nothing.
  • In Gyi YoonIn Gyi Yoon302,642
    Posted on 30 December 18 at 00:24
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    More like 'Obtain 20,000 GS for $260'.
    And some people doing it
    Feel a bit bad tbh
  • Posted on 31 December 18 at 21:16
    These garbage 1 hour 1ks seriously need to have a massive TA score reduction. And I honestly believe they should only be worth 2-400 GS just like a XBL arcade title. I mean hell there are literally 360 Arcade games that are 100x harder than these indie games and have less TA score? There’s something wrong when a 3.0 ratio game on the 360 is 10x harder to 100% than a 4.0 XB1 game.
  • Posted on 31 December 18 at 21:57
    Im kind of High said:
    These garbage 1 hour 1ks seriously need to have a massive TA score reduction. And I honestly believe they should only be worth 2-400 GS just like a XBL arcade title. I mean hell there are literally 360 Arcade games that are 100x harder than these indie games and have less TA score? There’s something wrong when a 3.0 ratio game on the 360 is 10x harder to 100% than a 4.0 XB1 game.
    Ratio does not equal difficulty.
  • PangoBaraPangoBara1,460,916
    Posted on 01 January 19 at 19:00, Edited on 01 January 19 at 19:01 by PangoBara
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Im kind of High said:
    Ratio does not equal difficulty.
    Especially considering the fact that collectable and grindy achievements are prone to have high ratios.

Also, to the first guy, a lot of 360 games have much lower ratios than they would if it was just up to difficulty because the population of people that have played the games can be pretty small. And, of course, there are multiple crazy people who completed extremely difficult games.

For example:
    No Time To Explain is much, much easier than CloudBerry Kingdom but has a higher ratio.

Cloudberry Kingdom simply has way less people who started the game. Of course, this is a lot more complicated in this case cuz No Time to Explain had a free 30(?) minute demo where a fuckton of people earned one achievement and never played it again. This made all of the other achievements more bloated.

I still used this game in my example however cuz it's basically the only noticeably easy 4.0+ ratio game and even it's not that easy
    Santino
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.