Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Top 20 Most Played Games of 2018 - Part Two

AuthorMessage
TrueAssassin86x
Posted on 29 December 18 at 18:36
And as much as people whine and complain about Call of Duty people still buy it almost 60,000 people are whats wrong with todays gaming community. Im proud to say i haven't touch a Call of Duty game since Call of Duty 3.
Fan of games not game companys. You dont like it tough. Im no winey fanboy.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 29 December 18 at 18:51
TrueAssassin86x said:
And as much as people whine and complain about Call of Duty people still buy it almost 60,000 people are whats wrong with todays gaming community. Im proud to say i haven't touch a Call of Duty game since Call of Duty 3.
You've made a big assumption that those that complain about it are in the 60k that played it. This community is also much less multiplayer oriented them the gaming community as a whole, so a game releasing without single player that has always traditionally had it was guaranteed to cause a fuss here.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
GYS GHOST
GYS GHOST
Posted on 29 December 18 at 19:37
I have not played one of this yet, "server in shotdown" is the way
Halo tmcc 100% :)... [i] waiting infinite [/i] If we are strong, our strength will speak for itself. If we are weak, words will be no help. John
Living Legends
Posted on 29 December 18 at 19:54
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Living Legends said:
ClassicKiriyama said:
I was kinda surprised not to see Fortnite on here (or more acurately, part 1) -- however I suspect that the large numbers for that gate is due to the cross-platform-ness, and this is TA.

Aside, Is there a full list of where each game came this year?
Fortnites battle royals is free and the way we track gamers is if they had access to the save the world dlc and unlocked an achievement.
It was also released in 2017 so wouldn't be valid for this list.

You can view all 2018 games at Full Games List and add the filter '2018' in Year, then sort by Gamers.
I thought it was 2017 but since I don't play it or pay attention i didn't want to throw years out there and look like a fool. Done that plenty of times already
Living Legends
Posted on 29 December 18 at 20:00
ArkhmInmate0801 said:
Living Legends said:
wookieepuppy said:
I think it is interesting to see call of duty only making it to number 8.

I mean how could activision expect sales of their ONLY profit making title be anywhere near as good as previous titles by only having online multiplayer with no campaign?

I am very keen to see if they return to campaign AND online when the next COD rolls out.
I understand why they did it, a normal consumer would put like ten to twenty hours into the campaign. CoD is about the online multiplayer so it makes sense to slash a potion of a game that gets little attention and switch it with a mode that will get played.
Now if only they would dump the Zombies mode too.
IW made extinction and it was better. Spec ops was also a nice addition to the series. The original rush mode on MW3 was a lot of fun.
Elyoh said:
TrueAssassin86x said:
You've made a big assumption that those that complain about it are in the 60k that played it. This community is also much less multiplayer oriented them the gaming community as a whole, so a game releasing without single player that has always traditionally had it was guaranteed to cause a fuss here.
Definitely, 60k players is such a small number of players compared to the players on Blops4. It is such a small percentage of players, probably the same that opted out of the game.

In the end, everyone complains how bad CoD is, but people will keep buying it like They do with street fighter series.
etcher1981
etcher1981
Posted on 29 December 18 at 20:16
ArkhmInmate0801 said:
Living Legends said:
wookieepuppy said:

I mean how could activision expect sales of their ONLY profit making title be anywhere near as good as previous titles by only having online multiplayer with no campaign?

I am very keen to see if they return to campaign AND online when the next COD rolls out.
I understand why they did it, a normal consumer would put like ten to twenty hours into the campaign. CoD is about the online multiplayer so it makes sense to slash a potion of a game that gets little attention and switch it with a mode that will get played.
Now if only they would dump the Zombies mode too.
Call of Duty Games need to be dumped as a whole. Honestly.

I can't believe Fallout 76 is on this list. Lots of people must have boring lives to keep on playing such a dull experience.
3tch3r "Keep on Keepin' On.
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 29 December 18 at 20:51
I haven't played any of those games.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 29 December 18 at 21:08
The only one in the top 10 I played was FC5, I think I need to start playing some games closer to release.
TheGillesMuller
Posted on 29 December 18 at 21:44
I don't think Horizon 4 was better than 3 and it certainly isn't a masterpiece, never finished a FH's single player so quickly and it's multiplayer is still all over the place and missing basic things months after release.

And obviously there was the well known barn finds achievement fiasco, the AI in cross country races is ridiculous at times, the clothes and emojis have no place in a racing game, the seasonal PR stunts hardly ever actually appear on the map, it takes a fortnight to buy a car either from the autoshow or the god awful auction house, the barriers in races have no weight to them whatsoever so online is full of wall-riding assholes, or because of the lack of solo adventure you're up against idiots who have no intention of doing any racing and simply aim to ram and block you.

Never thought I would find a Forza Horizon I'd enjoy as little as the 360 version of 2 but this comes close, at least that had a simple multiplayer that worked.
Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
SheBeatsYou
SheBeatsYou
Posted on 29 December 18 at 23:50, Edited on 29 December 18 at 23:57 by SheBeatsYou
And i have not played any of these and dont really want to LOL....facepalm
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 29 December 18 at 23:57
MC PHILABUSTA said:
Lol why would that many people knowingly play sea of theives ? I would have to be paid a large some to play that boring grindy shit.
Game Pass of course. I doubt too many played it to the extent where it would be considered grinding, but probably just for a few hours to give it a try.
Posting from sunny Australia.
Swinny Costello
Posted on 30 December 18 at 00:21
Where's Asdivine Hearts 2? It was robbed!
Mephisto4thewin
Mephisto4thewin
Posted on 30 December 18 at 01:41
I have played 5 of this top 10 and own two others. Of that 5 sea of thieves is the best one I have played. I'm guessing people played solo which the game is not designed for. But with a proper organised crew the game is fantastic fun.
Iggsy81
Iggsy81
Posted on 30 December 18 at 03:29
The Blops 4 pic looks like it's something from Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
BIGFOOT201191
BIGFOOT201191
Posted on 30 December 18 at 03:54
From part two Iv'e played Far Cry 5 and Forza Horizon 4,I need to get Assassin's Creed Odyssey,Red Dead Redemption 2 and A Way Out.
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 30 December 18 at 04:11
wookieepuppy said:

I don't think they care much about the outright sales of copies and are more interested in the piles of cash they're rolling in from microtransactions. That's where the money has been for a while now.

It will still be interesting to see what happens with future COD titles, like you said, although COD games are on a three-year development cycle, so what they do with the next title might not be as telling because it's already 2/3 of the way through its development.
RonniesPorch
RonniesPorch
Posted on 30 December 18 at 05:07
*still salty about PUBG giving me an achievement when I wasn't even playing it*
Played the pre-release version, got one kill on accident with a crossbow, deleted the game from my hard drive. The only achievement I have for it unlocked while I was watching Hulu.
Silvery Death
Silvery Death
Posted on 30 December 18 at 05:14
Surprised that Fallout 76 was in the top 10.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCom3yzbUaMRPgeHVhLlPvjw (My Youtube Channel)
eayragt
eayragt
Posted on 30 December 18 at 06:18
Mephisto4thewin said:
I have played 5 of this top 10 and own two others. Of that 5 sea of thieves is the best one I have played. I'm guessing people played solo which the game is not designed for. But with a proper organised crew the game is fantastic fun.
warning you're not allowed to like that game in this community. People don't understand how your experience can be different from theres.
Say everything with a smile
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 30 December 18 at 06:18, Edited on 30 December 18 at 06:19 by Elyoh
Is Sea of Thieves worth playing in 3 player? What's the grind like now? Buddies are looking for the next co-op game to play...
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.