Game Discussion: Far Cry 2 Forum

The state of multiplayer circa late 2018

AuthorMessage
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 17 January 19 at 17:56
After giving me the "turn your console off, clear your cache, check your internet connection" run around, I got this final response from Ubisoft:

Hello there,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

This issue has been forwarded up to the development team for further review.

If any additional information becomes available, it will be posted to the game's official forum at http://forums.ubi.com and our Support Website (http://support.ubi.com).

Sincerely,
Conor G.
Ubisoft Support
Not too promising.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 17 January 19 at 18:47
Hello there,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

This issue has been forwarded up to the development team for further review.

A classic support response, effectively telling you to go screw yourself...I really think I may end up doing a console on for days if I decide to start this. I can only hope it gets fixed.
Balnazzard
Balnazzard
Posted on 17 January 19 at 20:37
Ye, I really think its extremely unlikely Ubisoft will do anything for a game that is over decade old....

Anyhow I'll be finishing off with weapon kills (will likely still take me few weeks) and after that I consider whether to put up sessions to get Warlord achievement, so that we might get bigger group of players together, thus reducing the time somewhat to do session for 1 player, although ofc it still means requiring to do quite many of those longer sessions for each player who would join. Still I prefer that than to take my chance having one extremely long (3-4 days) session where I might get disconnected or the game/console might freeze and thus lose progression.
R4AssaultRifle
Posted on 18 January 19 at 21:52, Edited on 18 January 19 at 21:53 by R4AssaultRifle
I can now CONFIRM, that matches HAVE to be under 5 minutes on ranked completed in order for the EXP to stick. i earned around 4000 exp and only lost 200 exp because a few matches were one second over 5 minutes. Example the timer says 15:00, make sure to end the match at 10:02ish or 10:10ish to be on the safe side.

Ill be hosting sessions until we hit our goals. Also remember only dashboard out when your at the main menu.

Also i want to test a theory, if we boost this on XBOX ONE, can we just leave the game on "Resume" and see if the xp sticks?
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 18 January 19 at 22:12
R4AssaultRifle said:
Also i want to test a theory, if we boost this on XBOX ONE, can we just leave the game on "Resume" and see if the xp sticks?
My guess is no since the game isn't run like an xbox one game, since it's emulated I think it will be different. I'd guess it'd be more likely to crap out than if you ran the game straight on a 360. But let us know how that goes, if it works that would be pretty good.
Bastian Reader
Posted on 19 January 19 at 03:00
How would the soldiers of misfortune work with xp not saving? Don't you need to be a certain rank to unlock all of the weapons?

Far Cry 2Soldier of MisfortuneThe Soldier of Misfortune achievement in Far Cry 2 worth 456 pointsUnlock field manuals for all weapons (Ranked match)
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 19 January 19 at 05:11
Seitzz said:
R4AssaultRifle said:
My guess is no since the game isn't run like an xbox one game, since it's emulated I think it will be different. I'd guess it'd be more likely to crap out than if you ran the game straight on a 360. But let us know how that goes, if it works that would be pretty good.
Yeah, resume isn't really a thing for BC games. You can go to the Xbox One dashboard during a game, but the game will keep running in the background. Starting another game or app, or sometimes just waiting long enough will cause your One to kill the game.

Bastian Reader said:
How would the soldiers of misfortune work with xp not saving? Don't you need to be a certain rank to unlock all of the weapons?

Far Cry 2Soldier of MisfortuneThe Soldier of Misfortune achievement in Far Cry 2 worth 456 pointsUnlock field manuals for all weapons (Ranked match)
You're basically fine. Though if you're stuck at a rank lower than 4, you probably want to do the five minute match trick to at least get up to 4.

Basically, each class has three levels, and each each level you unlock new weapons. You advance a level by placing a diamond on that class. You get a number of diamonds equal to your rank minus 1, so if you're rank 4, you'll have 3 diamonds.

You can reset your diamonds at any time, but you lose enough XP to drop a rank. Since XP isn't saving properly, whenever you wanted to reset your diamonds you could just do it, finish the match in more than five minutes, and then reset the game.

So the Soldier of Fortune process would be to grind out all the weapons for a class, reset your diamonds, and repeat for every other class.
fireiz
fireiz
Posted on 20 January 19 at 07:10
glad i didn't start this game!! i was tempted by the high TA ratio to start and play it with the exploit i found online i thought it is going to be easy Easy peasy
Have no fear, Amjad is here
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 21 January 19 at 08:37, Edited on 21 January 19 at 08:59 by Dresden N7
Has anyone tested if the Warlord de-rank method is still possible under certain circumstances?
fireiz
fireiz
Posted on 21 January 19 at 09:13
just the question i wanna ask, i need to make sure before i grind 20 hours to reach lvl 20 and i dont want to start the game and get with a game i can't complete, enough is enough :(
Balnazzard
Balnazzard
Posted on 21 January 19 at 14:41, Edited on 21 January 19 at 14:47 by Balnazzard
Nah, there step where you get screwed with this current issue is that once you have used the diamonds to derank back to 0 xp (rank 1) and then try to do the glitch (exclusive content thing) and then go back to multiplayer, you will see that you are back on the rank that you originally started with....cause the moment you try do the glitch is basicly same as going to dashboard/quitting the game and since stats wont get saved, its screws up the whole thing. So for example with me, If I would try to derank myself from rank 10 and then try to do the glitch, the moment I would get back to multiplayer, I would be back to rank 10.

And similarly I think that if you start from rank 1, then gain some diamonds by following the guide and derank yourself and try to do the glitch, you wont find yourself on rank 30 (with -60xp or whatever) but back on rank 1 with 0 xp that you originally started with.

Ofc those of you who have never gained any XP and start from 0 are free to test this out yourself, as it wouldnt take that long for you to try it out.

But ye, sad thing of affairs as this problem was not there when I started boosting in October, then after I had done some sessions trying to get the other MP achievements first (and how I got to rank 10) this issue appeared in November or Decemeber.
fireiz
fireiz
Posted on 21 January 19 at 14:45
excuse me, u said that u r rank 10, right? i thought the XP doesn't save and that u would reset everytime u exit the game, am i correct or no? can i reach rank 30 but legit boosting then?
Balnazzard
Balnazzard
Posted on 21 January 19 at 14:49, Edited on 21 January 19 at 14:57 by Balnazzard
fireiz said:
excuse me, u said that u r rank 10, right? i thought the XP doesn't save and that u would reset everytime u exit the game, am i correct or no? can i reach rank 30 but legit boosting then?
Again I got to rank 10 BEFORE this issue appeared. If one could get to rank 30 with legit boosting, then that too wouldnt be too big of issue, as you would get most of it done when doing weapon kills....but sadly no, at the moment rank doesnt increase or decrease one way or another and the only way to get Warlord is to do it one long session, leaving your Xbox/game on while you sleep/do other stuff and hope it doesnt crash or that you dont get disconnected.

Had I known that this issue would appear back in October, ofc I would have quickly done Warlord out of the way first, but I decided to do the other way around to first get to rank 20 and all weapon kills, then derank myself....had I done it the other way, it wouldnt now be so pain in the butt to get the Warlord achievement....

So ye the only thing one can do for now is either hope this issue disappears/gets fixed one day or that if you do have the option to triple/double box this and leave your main account xbox running for days and try your luck with not getting disconnected or game crashing on one go.

For myself, I also just give it time to see if anything happens and the issue disappears, but if it doesnt, then I quess I'll give it a shot to do it in longer sessions with other ppl who might want to still get it done....like said the more ppl you would get together (especially those who can double or triple box) and create for example 5v6 or 6v7 scenario where one player at a time goes for it, one session wouldnt have to take so damn long, although ofc it would require ppl to stay and help others with their sessions after they have got the achievement done.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 21 January 19 at 16:01
I thought it was confirmed that xp will save for ranking up but only if the match is under 5 mins?
jjaldana
jjaldana
Posted on 21 January 19 at 19:46
It does save your exp if your match is below 5 min. That means you can still do the level 30 glitch!
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 21 January 19 at 20:17, Edited on 21 January 19 at 20:18 by zeldafanjtl
Alright, followup question: I did the derank glitch before these issues were happening, so I didn't bother to look at my diamonds at the time, and in the interim ranked back up to 4.

Since you're Rank 30 after deranking, does that mean you have all your diamonds? And if so, does that mean you could easily keep deranking down to Rank 20, and pop that achievement that way? That would be a lot easier than trying to grind up to Rank 20.
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 22 January 19 at 09:00, Edited on 22 January 19 at 09:10 by Dresden N7
Having just done this with a buddy, I can confirm that the de-rank glitch still works despite the leaderboards/XP issue. In addition, you can keep de-ranking from level 30 down to level 20. If you like irony, you'll love the next part. You will also be returned to level 30 the next time you log into the game thanks to the ongoing bug.
Balnazzard
Balnazzard
Posted on 22 January 19 at 09:33, Edited on 22 January 19 at 09:38 by Balnazzard
Well if it really works then good to know...I just presumed logically that since doing the glitch (going to exclusive content thing/Ubisoft page) is considered to be the same as going to dashboard, that the rank would be reset to whereveer you were when you began deranking.

Anyhow for those of you who are at rank 1 (and can double or triple box), its rather fast and easy way to test it out yourselves, just follow the guide and you can see if this works in propably less than 30 minutes.

Also if that doesnt work, but doing less than 5 minutes match work, then doing it in one of the boosting maps in Uprising game mode should do. Just kill your boosting partner/dummy accounts, capture 2 of the 3 points and then in last 20-30 seconds before the timer hits 5 mintues capture the last point.
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 22 January 19 at 12:28, Edited on 22 January 19 at 13:07 by Dresden N7
Judging by the recent winners list for Warlord, several others have also got the derank method to work for them.
ME3TSPINNER
ME3TSPINNER
Posted on 22 January 19 at 18:50
What about the issue with Safari Tour where the free DLC maps break the achievement?

Because on the 360 you had to copy your profile onto a memory stick and then pull out the stick at just the right time to fool the Ubiservers into thinking you'd just started the game. I don't think this method can be done on an XBOX One.
Without me, it's just aweso.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.