Game Discussion: Far Cry 2 Forum

The state of multiplayer circa late 2018

AuthorMessage
spacedvest2
spacedvest2
Posted on 27 January 19 at 04:37
Glad I read all of this before unlocking anything. It seems like a total pain in the ass. I don't think it is worth it.
Balnazzard
Balnazzard
Posted on 11 February 19 at 07:39, Edited on 11 February 19 at 07:39 by Balnazzard
Rank/xp is saving again, so if anyone is still looking to boost this, now would be a good time to start before this issue might appear again.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 11 February 19 at 17:08
Balnazzard said:
Rank/xp is saving again, so if anyone is still looking to boost this, now would be a good time to start before this issue might appear again.
Might look into doing this soon then, good sign for now at least.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 11 February 19 at 20:35
Balnazzard said:
Just to be sure, you were playing matches that were longer than 5-6 minutes, right?
Balnazzard
Balnazzard
Posted on 11 February 19 at 21:50
Ye, heck I reset My diamonds last Time when I was doing weapon boosting so I ended up from rank 10 to rank 6. So ye its working now exactly normally.
Der letzte Wolf
Posted on 13 February 19 at 09:31
If they fixed the issue with xp not saving, did they also fix the XP underflow glitch that could get you to warlord really fast?
Law Violation
Law Violation
Posted on 13 February 19 at 10:57
I can confirm the XP is saving. I checked my rank yesterday and i was rank 11. I should have been rank 4. As Balnazzard said, this may be the best time to get in and smash it out.

As for the derank glitch, i can't imagine they would fix it.
Law Violation
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 13 February 19 at 16:46
Der letzte Wolf said:
If they fixed the issue with xp not saving, did they also fix the XP underflow glitch that could get you to warlord really fast?
No. I’m pretty convinced “they” in this case is Microsoft, not Ubisoft, because Xbox Live leaderboard-based achievements in many games were having similar issues, and are now working again too.
Balnazzard
Balnazzard
Posted on 13 February 19 at 17:09
Ye, there was no patch whatsoever released for Far Cry 2, so this was entirely Xbox Live tracking problem that was causing problems in other games as well, such as GTA IV.
GsO Light
Posted on 13 February 19 at 19:03
Can also confirm, the xp finally saves for matches over 5 minutes
Thrawn526
Thrawn526
Posted on 14 February 19 at 02:39, Edited on 14 February 19 at 02:39 by Thrawn526
Sweet to know that this error has been fixed (for now at least), makes the grind a bit easier to not have to worry about losing XP just for going over 5 minutes.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.