Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Celeste Goes Free With Gold A Day Early, New Levels Announced

AuthorMessage
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 31 December 18 at 12:38
Your first Games with Gold title of 2019 is also getting extra levels

Please click here to read the story: Celeste Goes Free With Gold A Day Early, New Levels Announced
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 31 December 18 at 12:43
Looking at the screenshot, I still don't know why everyone is tripping out over this game. Is it just THAT easy or something?
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 31 December 18 at 12:44
J4CKA1 said:
Looking at the screenshot, I still don't know why everyone is tripping out over this game. Is it just THAT easy or something?
Don't judge a book by its cover, or a game by a single screenshot.
Tuschi
Tuschi
Posted on 31 December 18 at 13:00
Do yourself a favor and don't just rush through this game on assist mode. It's very challenging and fun.
Elliot Pierson
Posted on 31 December 18 at 13:01
Maybe they're just going by New Zealand standard time 😏
TrueAssassin86x
Posted on 31 December 18 at 13:04
Lol easy, you'll be surprised how hard it is.
Fan of games not game companys. You dont like it tough. Im no winey fanboy.
Alwindb
Alwindb
Posted on 31 December 18 at 13:32
This game looks terriblecry
SpudimusPrime89
Posted on 31 December 18 at 14:12
Alwindb said:
This game looks terriblecry
Don't judge a book by its cover.
SilentBobsTag
SilentBobsTag
Posted on 31 December 18 at 14:33
This game looks fantasticsmile
Can't wait to try it. Maybe after Ori.
Looking for Gamerscore in all the wrong places !!!
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 31 December 18 at 14:37
A month or so ago I was going to spoil the story for myself, since this isn't the type of game I'd buy but I wanted to see what everyone was raving about. Glad I didn't now. Hopefully it's not a disappointment like Hellblade.

Tuschi said:
Do yourself a favour and don't just rush through this game on assist mode. It's very challenging and fun.
Challenging doesn't equal fun for everyone though. Sometimes it can get in the way of it.
Here be dragons.
Tuschi
Tuschi
Posted on 31 December 18 at 14:54
Wyyvern said:
A month or so ago I was going to spoil the story for myself, since this isn't the type of game I'd buy but I wanted to see what everyone was raving about. Glad I didn't now. Hopefully it's not a disappointment like Hellblade.

Tuschi said:
Do yourself a favour and don't just rush through this game on assist mode. It's very challenging and fun.
Challenging doesn't equal fun for everyone though. Sometimes it can get in the way of it.
Well if you want it easier that's fine. But there's plenty of people that just went through it setting the challenge to zero to whore the achievements. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that's what a lot of people will do and judge the game by that standard.
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 31 December 18 at 15:01
What I like about Assist Mode is that it does allow people to tweak certain aspects of the difficulty if they just need a little boost. Sure, there's an invincibility toggle that basically breaks the game (still fine for those who just want the story), but it's the effort that was gone to to give people all sorts of different methods to slightly adjust the challenge that impressed me. I think it informed a lot of decisions later in the year to give people more ways to play (Spider-Man and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, for example, both implemented granular difficulty modification).

Still, there's nothing quite like clearing a particularly tough screen with no stabilisers on.
rocking23nf
rocking23nf
Posted on 31 December 18 at 15:44
looks terrible, its 2019 tomorrow, i need at least some sense of modern graphics to interest me in a game.
SonOfStayPuft82
Posted on 31 December 18 at 15:48
Downloaded this before. Looking forward to playing it. I loved Super Meat Boy, so this should last me a while too.

Nothing wrong with the Graphics either. I know some people haven’t paid £400 to play 8 or 16-Bit Games, but there’s nothing wrong with developers paying tribute to the classics that no doubt inspired them to become developers in the first place.

Hell, I occasionally go back to my NES & SNES Classic Mini Consoles if I want a break from Red Dead 2, or whatever.
Jakez123
Jakez123
Posted on 31 December 18 at 15:56
People who are complaining about assist mode definitely did not understand the whole meaning of the game.
Fatalist Flames
Posted on 31 December 18 at 16:09
Apparently you can't please everyone. I, for one, am looking forward to playing it.
"Hands down the illest ventriloquist this side of the Mississippi River - That's right operator smoother than faders on an automated sound board."
Hazar Khall
Hazar Khall
Posted on 31 December 18 at 16:11
As a fan of games such as The final station, Westerado, Enter the gungeun ect, I can say graphics dont kill my experience.

Sadly what I HAVE seen of this game, and the genre it falls in, leads me to believe i'd need to super easy it just to go through it :|
Thats more on me than hitting this game. I hope its story is good at least :) then I wouldnt mind basic b***hing the game as much laugh
Go big or go home (>*_*)>---gs
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 31 December 18 at 16:18
I'm sure it's a great game, but I need some kind of graphics to get me into it. It's like finding a girl, you have to be attracted to her at least a little bit to want to get to know her.
Calrethi
Calrethi
Posted on 31 December 18 at 16:26
I don’t really understand why this site seems so shocked a GwG was up a day early- they are always up the day before
TheDurianMage
TheDurianMage
Posted on 31 December 18 at 16:29
Jakez123 said:
People who are complaining about assist mode definitely did not understand the whole meaning of the game.
Agreed... cry

People today are shallow as a mud puddle. I bought this game a while back, and am not pissed in the slightest that it's going freebie now. I'm happy I gave the developers 20 bucks. Hopefully this will give more folks a chance to play it, and maybe if we're lucky 5% will play it the way it was intended!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.