Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Celeste Goes Free With Gold A Day Early, New Levels Announced

AuthorMessage
Zor El
Zor El
Posted on 31 December 18 at 16:30
Tuschi said:
Well if you want it easier that's fine. But there's plenty of people that just went through it setting the challenge to zero to whore the achievements. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that's what a lot of people will do and judge the game by that standard.
Yeah how dare people only care about achievements on the website dedicated to achievements lol
Matodion 1st
Matodion 1st
Posted on 31 December 18 at 16:32
Calrethi said:
I don’t really understand why this site seems so shocked a GwG was up a day early- they are always up the day before
Yeah it surprised me too that this is news, I always get gwg at 15th and 31st of the month.
RadicalSniper99
Posted on 31 December 18 at 16:48
rocking23nf said:
looks terrible, its 2019 tomorrow, i need at least some sense of modern graphics to interest me in a game.
Looks terrible? That is modern graphics. No game could have looked that way back then. This just uses modern horsepower to create the beautiful graphics you see on screen with the great soundtrack around it...

On the Assist Mode thing. Play without it first. Find out if the challenge is too much and then maybe turn on an assist one at a time. For a game about self discovery and overcoming challenges, you're cheating yourself massively out of that narrative if you turn on the assists from the beginning. And I get the site is about achievements, but when this site also strives to talk about great experiences in gaming, overcoming the challenge of this game without assists is on such experience worth having.
Mannschaft570
Mannschaft570
Posted on 31 December 18 at 17:01
RadicalSniper99 said:
rocking23nf said:
looks terrible, its 2019 tomorrow, i need at least some sense of modern graphics to interest me in a game.
Looks terrible? That is modern graphics. No game could have looked that way back then. This just uses modern horsepower to create the beautiful graphics you see on screen with the great soundtrack around it...
This kind of game still looks bad on a modern TV though. Old CRT TVs were probably more appropriate for this kind of stuff (I have one somewhere in my attic, I should check it out). But with a 48" TV, it's just embarrasing.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 31 December 18 at 17:13
Matodion 1st said:
Calrethi said:
I don’t really understand why this site seems so shocked a GwG was up a day early- they are always up the day before
Yeah it surprised me too that this is news, I always get gwg at 15th and 31st of the month.
The news is the new levels. The fact that it's available early is just butter
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 31 December 18 at 17:30
Definitely getting thrown into the ready to install pages of gwg games, but one of these days I'll have to check this game out and see if I want to play it.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 31 December 18 at 17:41
New content sounds awesome, would be nice if they added a "no assist" achievement to go with it but I know that's not gonna happen.
What can change the nature of a man?
Doughnuts1995
Doughnuts1995
Posted on 31 December 18 at 17:54
Games with gold always comes a day earlier, I've been getting them on 30,31st and 15th of each month.
Nemesis crime
Nemesis crime
Posted on 31 December 18 at 18:17
Why talk just celeste? Right after I discovered it went free I also downloaded lara croft GOL too
Elite1111111111
Posted on 31 December 18 at 18:21
Nemesis crime said:
Why talk just celeste? Right after I discovered it went free I also downloaded lara croft GOL too
Most GWG games are available early. The article was likely mainly for the new levels but figured they might as well mention it's available as well.
JakThaRiPP3R84
Posted on 31 December 18 at 18:28
I wouldn't play this gash, Ultimately I don't mind hard games, but I don't want indie cheese to overstay it's welcome, a few hrs and done nowt more then that.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 31 December 18 at 18:43
Elliot Pierson said:
Maybe they're just going by New Zealand standard time 😏
^ This

This is nothing new. For the past 5 years, every single GwG has been available a day early if you live in the US, as some of us live in New Zealand where it has been January 2019 for 8 hours already, and Microsoft are aware of this.

Let me say now that last months GwG are still available for another day for the exact same reason. Same thing happens with the DwG sale that starts in a few hours because it is already Tuesday and runs for nearly 8 days instead of 7 days.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Unpredictable D
Posted on 31 December 18 at 19:02
Matt Thorson...we're reading the words of the son of Thor...what a wonderful end of year smile
audiosurf for xbox, please !
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 31 December 18 at 19:11
there are FAR TOO MANY amazing games, for the similar retail price that are sooooooooooooooo much better than this. I am sick of IDBOX crap. I don't care if it's free. FREE is NOT free since you must spend, I repeat, SPEND your time on it.
SpiralGamerpro
SpiralGamerpro
Posted on 31 December 18 at 19:15
Great game if you actually play it
sorr yfor my england
Vulgar Latin
Vulgar Latin
Posted on 31 December 18 at 19:26
Kanchanaburi said:
there are FAR TOO MANY amazing games, for the similar retail price that are sooooooooooooooo much better than this. I am sick of IDBOX crap. I don't care if it's free. FREE is NOT free since you must spend, I repeat, SPEND your time on it.
Name one. Personally this was one of my games of the year.
pradDIABLO
pradDIABLO
Posted on 31 December 18 at 19:29
kintaris said:
Don't judge a book by its cover, or a game by a single screenshot.
I used to feel the same about 8 bit games. Until I played Kingdom. Will give Celeste a try for sure.
Stinky Big Buds
Posted on 31 December 18 at 19:43, Edited on 31 December 18 at 20:04 by Stinky Big Buds
Has anybody played the GwG version yet? Mine won't load up, it just boots me back to the homepage. I'm a bit worried reading these comments though, I hope theres a reward or some kind of gain for doing it on a harder difficulty? I suppose i'll find out but it sucks if not, you need more than a "you just didn't get the game" when you use 8 bit graphics.

I was hoping it was more like Rogue Legacy, story isn't much I care about in an 8 bit platformer, i've not seen a second of gameplay so I don't have a clue.

Edit: Still won't bloody work :D gunna reinstall, shouldn't take to long.
Edit2: Nope, I can only assume it won't let me play until tomorrow it's happened before where it lets me download but not play until the 1st.
SpiralGamerpro
SpiralGamerpro
Posted on 31 December 18 at 20:00
The only reward for not using Assist Mode is personal accomplishment, and I would highly recommend not using it because of how rewarding the platforming in this game feels
sorr yfor my england
Stinky Big Buds
Posted on 31 December 18 at 20:07
SpiralGamerpro said:
The only reward for not using Assist Mode is personal accomplishment, and I would highly recommend not using it because of how rewarding the platforming in this game feels
Ok thats the way i'll play it then.....tomorrow :D
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.