Game Discussion: Forgotton Anne Forum

Glitched achievements...

AuthorMessage
OdadjianActual
Posted on 02 January 19 at 00:37
Has anyone encountered any glitched achievements in this game?

I can’t get the Afraid Of The Dark achievement. I turned on the light by the bed at the beginning of my first play through. No achievement. Continued after I finished the story - no achievement.

I’ve started a new storyline/ play through in my save file. Didn’t help. Hard restart of my Xbox didn’t help. I even went offline, deleted my save, tried a fresh save file and that still didn’t help.

Has anyone encountered this and is there a fix?
OdadjianActual
Posted on 02 January 19 at 02:54
Wow I can’t get any more achievements to pop in this game. This is truly bizarre.

All of the following I know I’ve done and yet these won’t unlock!

Afraid of the Dark
Investigator
Plot Thickens
Good Cop Bad Cop
Millennium Actress
Alma Mater

I’m stuck at 398/1000 gamer score and I think I won’t be able to get more than that.

Am I the only one encountering this issue??? Haven’t seen anyone else report this online. I’ve tweeted the developer but I doubt they will respond.
"My name is Alan Wake. I'm a writer."
TangerineGamer
TangerineGamer
Posted on 02 January 19 at 11:45
Do you ever not quit out of the game before turning your Xbox off?
I had a similar issue ages ago with GTA 5 where I would go to the home screen and then turn the Xbox off, and because I have it set to 'Always On' I would just 'Resume' the game the next day, but it caused achievements to not pop.
After that I went to home, hit start and quit every time and didn't have any further issues, mine was fixed with a simple hard reset though unlike yours.

Only other thing I can suggest is to fully clear out the data and restart (M$ support would tell you to do this if you ever decided to ask them), so basically:

Delete the save data for the game, including on the cloud
Uninstall the game
Remove your account from the Xbox, removing local data if given the option
Reset to clear cache (hold power button for 10 secs, leave off for at least 30 secs then power back on)
Restore your account
Re-download the game and try to earn the achievements again
Yours sincerely, TG
OdadjianActual
Posted on 02 January 19 at 12:16, Edited on 02 January 19 at 12:17 by OdadjianActual
Thanks TangerineGamer. Yes I often take advantage of always on / quick resume.

The developer already got back to me on Twitter and said: "We're sorry to hear you're having problems with the achievements. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do on our end. Perhaps try contacting Xbox support?"

https://twitter.com/ThroughLineGame/status/10803754457559572...

Which is kind of a bummer.

After work I'll try your tips and hopefully that helps.
OdadjianActual
Posted on 03 January 19 at 04:46
Christ almight, your solution fixed the problem. I’m back in the way to the 1000/1000.
TangerineGamer
TangerineGamer
Posted on 03 January 19 at 15:21
Nice one, glad to hear that it worked for you. To be honest doing all of it might have been overkill but if it worked then it's not wasted time.

From now on though I would advise to force quit games before turning your Xbox off to hopefully not have this happen again.

Good luck and happy gaming
Yours sincerely, TG
OdadjianActual
Posted on 06 January 19 at 16:33
And I have the 1000 gamerscore now. Thanks again TangerineGamer.
緑眼のイアン
Posted on 25 March 19 at 20:10
I'm having the same problem right now. Achievements just randomly stopped unlocking today. That combined with the fact that I had to restart because it somehow never saved the first time I quit out of the game really makes me want to walk away. I'm not even through with Act 1 and if I have to start over from scratch again because of buggy achievements I'll just shove it to the end of my backlog and deal with having fucked up weird numbered gamerscore until then I get back around to it.
Jinrui ni eikou are!
FloriDUH JBot
FloriDUH JBot
Posted on 04 April 19 at 18:43
Same here. Achievements glitched about halfway through and simply stopped popping. Stuck at 600/1000. Not really interested in starting over.
Hieronimus
Hieronimus
Posted on 23 July 19 at 09:51, Edited on 24 July 19 at 12:03 by Hieronimus
Just happened to me as well. Don't know if I should continue with my first playthrough and hope for late unlocks or delete everything and restart right away ... Never experienced achievements being randomly disabled in any other game shock

Edit: Managed to unlock another achievement so it seems I'm not completely lost. The others I should have gotten are still locked though.
Frostygills
Frostygills
Posted on 26 July 19 at 12:11
Hieronimus said:
Just happened to me as well. Don't know if I should continue with my first playthrough and hope for late unlocks or delete everything and restart right away ... Never experienced achievements being randomly disabled in any other game shock

Edit: Managed to unlock another achievement so it seems I'm not completely lost. The others I should have gotten are still locked though.
Did you do anything to get them working? I started this game got to Act1-8, gone back to it today after month away and nothing is unlocking. I’ve full rebooted, not keen to start again though.
Hieronimus
Hieronimus
Posted on 12 August 19 at 15:41, Edited on 14 August 19 at 09:19 by Hieronimus
After I quit the game completely they started working again. I'm going through a second time now since the achievement for picking up half of the mementos never unlocked after it glitched out the first time. I deleted all saves as well as the game before installing and starting again. Chapter select did not help with this particular achievement. I really hope it will work on the second playthrough since I feel like I'm out of options after this try.

Edit: 2nd playthrough worked, game completed smile
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.