Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass Additions Announced for the Start of January 2019

• R4Z1R4Z1189,074
    Posted on 02 January 19 at 16:15
    The question is - what is coming out of Game Pass?
  • Posted on 02 January 19 at 16:15
    I’ll definitely play LIS 2 once all the episodes have released. I’ve been wanting to play ARK for a while, that’s a nice addition to me.
  • pukem0nnpukem0nn351,426
    Posted on 02 January 19 at 16:19
    the first episode of Life is Strange always became free someday, and is bound to happen with the sequel, too.
    so they first give it to game pass, but i doubt the rest of the season will come on there anytime soon. maybe a few months after the season ended.

also everyone should play Just Cause 3, that game is so much fun.
  • Posted on 02 January 19 at 16:22
    Glad I didn't buy episode 1 of Life is Strange 2 from the sale.
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • Streak LeaderStreak Leader3,971,695
    Posted on 02 January 19 at 16:24
    Just Cause 3 for free, but you're actually better off spending the $9 for the XXL version because of the cost of the DLC (which won't be included on Game Pass).
  • ccliffy90ccliffy901,839,189
    Posted on 02 January 19 at 16:25, Edited on 02 January 19 at 16:26 by ccliffy90
    Loving game pass using it quite a lot at the moment, only thing it showing me lately is Microsoft going full force behind it, unless a game is truely triple A it might be worth waiting for it to eventually come to game pass. If it is still successful in 2 years or so the next Xbox will just be pure gamepass it is clearly where the future of gaming is going
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 January 19 at 16:25
    R4Z1 said:
    Theres always one. Lets take a look.
    Darksiders 2: Deathinitived Ed
    Rime
    Riptide Renegade GP
    Letter Quest: Grimms Journey
    I can also see Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition being removed too.

* insert whining about gamepass removel games here *
    Fan of games not game companys. You dont like it tough. Im no winey fanboy.
  • BroflexionsBroflexions1,015,235
    Posted on 02 January 19 at 16:35
    xONLYINHUMANxx said:
    What a kick in the gut's for anybody who bought life is strange 2
    How is this different from any other game that is on Game Pass?
    Every game with DLC that you pay for is a paid update.
  • xNSHDxNSHD1,858,417
    Posted on 02 January 19 at 16:36
    xONLYINHUMANxx said:
    not really. its called modern gaming. with these new services xbox and playstation offer with both game pass and PS Now you take the risk of any game you buy day 1 going in to game pass after only a few months. just look at strange brigade that released on august 28th and went into game pass on december 6th only 3 full months after release.
  • ZwaveldioxideZwaveldioxide1,236,599
    Posted on 02 January 19 at 16:36
    Awesome aditions this month! And it's even more awesome that I didn't buy LiS: Before the Storm and LiS 2 in the sales! laugh
    >insert_original_signature.txt
  • billbillbillbillbillbill1,361,831
    Posted on 02 January 19 at 16:43
    Killer. Was curious about Absolver, now I don't have to risk splashing out on a new copy.
    Game Pass pays for itself.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 January 19 at 16:49
    Johnny Broflex said:
    xONLYINHUMANxx said:
    Its unfair for anyone who bought the game. They have to wait months to get the next episode and what do they do? Start releasing episode's for free.

Having a sale is one thing but releasing it free is a kick in the guts for anybody who support them
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7556,607
    Posted on 02 January 19 at 16:50, Edited on 02 January 19 at 16:56 by Dresden N7
    xONLYINHUMANxx said:
    Depends. If you're not a current and regular subscriber, you have two options: re-up during the months with new episodes or wait until the complete season is out. In this case, buying the second season might make more sense in the long run, especially if there's a delay in Game Pass receiving the new episodes.

However, if you were planning to keep your Game Pass subscription the entire time and had already bought the entire season... then you're right. It's a kick to the gut for sure.
  • Dubs187Dubs187884,715
    Posted on 02 January 19 at 16:51
    R4Z1 said:
    Does it really matter with everything they add? If you want something that bad then buy it, that simple.
  • Posted on 02 January 19 at 16:54, Edited on 02 January 19 at 16:55 by BadGirlRyleigh
    xONLYINHUMANxx said:
    Johnny Broflex said:
    xONLYINHUMANxx said:
    Its unfair for anyone who bought the game. They have to wait months to get the next episode and what do they do? Start releasing episode's for free.

Having a sale is one thing but releasing it free is a kick in the guts for anybody who support them
    Telltale always made episode one of just about everything they did free so anyone that paid for them was stupid. How’s this any different?
  • Posted on 02 January 19 at 17:02
    Yes Farming Simulator! Because that is never ever on sale!
    Hero
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty1,103,079
    Posted on 02 January 19 at 17:08
    So when does the ‘awesome’ line up appear then? Is it before these or after? laugh
  • Posted on 02 January 19 at 17:09
    I'm excited to finally try Ark!
    Rob
  • DarqStalkerDarqStalker1,596,819
    Posted on 02 January 19 at 17:18
    Played a bit of the Aftercharge beta. It's ok. Wonder what the achievements will be though.
  • KnowvaGreyKnowvaGrey1,073,873
    Posted on 02 January 19 at 17:27
    Bought Life Is Strange: Before the Storm but not 2 yet, so glad I dont have to. Just Cause 3 and Ark have been games I've almost bought a few times. So this should be fun.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads