Site News

Forum to discuss TA news items. Only TrueAchievement can post here

Viral Month Has Begun!

• zigs00zigs00217,575
    Posted on 01 February 11 at 14:45
    Get infected throughout February

It's here...

As I'm sure most of you have noticed from the new header, TA's first, highly contagious Community Event has started, with the next four weeks dedicated to spreading viral achievements!

As previously detailed, the whole of February is being devoted to this cause, with hundreds of community gaming sessions in the pipeline for everyone to get involved with. You can take a peek at some of the sessions that have already been set up by checking either the purple sessions on the Gaming Sessions page, or by checking the officially official Community Events Sessions page.

Every community session has a specific host, be it a friendly TA'er who has offered to help spread their viral achievements; a "Special Infected" like the EA moderators needed for certain virals, for example; or a "Mystery Infected" ... but you'll have to wait and see for those ones (though mystery hosted sessions are highlighted on the Community Sessions page!).

There's still time to offer to host viral sessions - check out the VIRAL MONTH: How To Volunteer to share your germs thread for more details on how to do exactly that. The more sessions the better, so please get involved and offer to host some sessions if you've got virals to spread!

Along with the new event-specific header image, there's also a Viral Achievements Counter on the homepage where you can see how many virals have been spread already.

There's also this handy link that lists all of the viral achievements applicable for this event.

There's so many sessions being created every day, so keep checking the sessions pages to find the ones for virals you need! Everyone, get involved and get infected! smile
  • Posted on 01 February 11 at 13:43
    w00t already got infected, hopefully can join more =D
    Everything good in life is illegal.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 February 11 at 13:52
    Viral Month!music

Remember - most viral achievements are contagious. So once you have got it, you can help spread it!
  • wes coasnwes coasn536,674
    Posted on 01 February 11 at 13:55
    Don't understand.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 February 11 at 14:03
    I have fifa street 3 viral, if anyone wants it. Send me xbox live msg.
  • TechnogoatTechnogoat168,158
    Posted on 01 February 11 at 14:04
    This is a tremendous idea. Would be great to see more themed community events like this over the coming months.
  • Posted on 01 February 11 at 14:07
    Great idea...are the times listed on the calendar EST?
  • TechnogoatTechnogoat168,158
    Posted on 01 February 11 at 14:10
    Zalapski Smurf said:
    The times listed on the calendar will be in whatever time zone you have your profile set to. It might say 13:00 for you, but will be, for example 14:00 for someone in a different time zone. All times on your calendar will always reflect what time zone you have set in your profile settings, so make sure it's set correctly.
  • DougSnow625DougSnow6251,268,983
    Posted on 01 February 11 at 14:10
    Zalapski Smurf said:
    They will be in your determined time zone.

If you have the incorrect time zone you can change it here: My Settings
  • Posted on 01 February 11 at 14:14
    Quite simple i wish this would happen more often mybe pepole would show up for sessions they signrs up for not just getting a easy achievement. Great idea TA
  • UzzbuzUzzbuz69,777
    Posted on 01 February 11 at 14:37
    Great idea, too bad only viral achievements I have is the RF:G one and Borderlands.
    Don't worry; get achievements.
  • StevannoStevanno1,133,630
    Posted on 01 February 11 at 15:08
    The viral logo on the page now is pretty sweet, just thought i'd throw that out there. I'll likely be joining any PGR4 sessions myself to get the chieves, then spread them on
  • Manifest95Manifest95426,495
    Posted on 01 February 11 at 15:09
    I want to be part of this, but I need help setting it up. I know I have to email Chad and Jessie at the given gmail address and type in all the info of when I'm available and so forth, but I have no idea how to show what achievements I want to give. Obviously my "copy and pasting" from the My Achievements is not working and I'm too computer illiterate to figure out how to add the link to the email like everyone is doing. Any help anyone?
  • SpilnerSpilner1,148,358
    Posted on 01 February 11 at 15:14
    Manifest95 said:
    I want to be part of this, but I need help setting it up. I know I have to email Chad and Jessie at the given gmail address and type in all the info of when I'm available and so forth, but I have no idea how to show what achievements I want to give. Obviously my "copy and pasting" from the My Achievements is not working and I'm too computer illiterate to figure out how to add the link to the email like everyone is doing. Any help anyone?
    Open the achievements page and copy the url from your browsers address box
    example 'h ttp://www.trueachievements.com/a31825/club-tournament-mastery-achievement.htm' (remove space)
    http://bit.ly/9VPrSA Games i own, want help on any PM me.
  • CasperTCCasperTC897,033
    Posted on 01 February 11 at 15:18
    I have been trying to get
    NBA 2K9Team 2KThe Team 2K achievement in NBA 2K9 worth 49 pointsBeat a Team 2K member in an online game.
    for years, but nobody seems to have it =(
  • Manifest95Manifest95426,495
    Posted on 01 February 11 at 15:24
    Spilner1001 said:
    Manifest95 said:
    Open the achievements page and copy the url from your browsers address box
    example 'h ttp://www.trueachievements.com/a31825/club-tournament-mastery-achievement.htm' (remove space)
    Damn is that it? And the whole thing will pop up like CasperTC's just did? Simple enough then. Thank you sir for your help.

CasperTC said:
    NBA 2K9Team 2KThe Team 2K achievement in NBA 2K9 worth 49 pointsBeat a Team 2K member in an online game.
    Look for me tonight at 10:30pm Est and I'll give it to you. I have 2 other guys who need it, but when I tell them about that time they never get in touch with me. Maybe they will read this and show up and we can have a little session with the 4 of us.
  • Posted on 01 February 11 at 15:31
    CasperTC said:
    Same here, someone was kind enough to let me beat them last week but it didn't unlock for me.
  • DaKensterDaKenster113,485
    Posted on 01 February 11 at 15:43
    Hmm, may have to get it on some of these
  • Posted on 01 February 11 at 15:58
    Great idea! toast
    The King is in the building!
  • therealdnaztherealdnaz353,346
    Posted on 01 February 11 at 16:06
    Lovein the new logo on the front page for viral moth :D
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads