• Information
    Posted on 07 January 19 at 15:30
    Please use this thread to discuss the Gorogoa walkthrough
  • JuiceOmegaJuiceOmega984,271
    Posted on 07 March 20 at 04:23
    How's the walkthrough coming?
  • Rista BRista B714,527
    Posted on 17 October 20 at 01:10
    I see the walkthrough progress says 100% so hopefully it will published soon?
    Rest in peace Ryan Hayward, a fellow gamer taken too soon.
  • Posted on 08 November 21 at 01:21
    Anyone know the status on this one?
  • Posted on 08 November 21 at 09:56
    JohnnyInterfnk said:
    Anyone know the status on this one?
    There's not been any progress in quite a while, I'll check in with the Overseer on this one.
  • Arran R WArran R W1,367,805
    Posted on 04 January 22 at 20:25
    Checking in if there's been an update? Just seen it's been added to game pass.
  • Posted on 17 February 22 at 22:45
    Any new updates for this walkthrough?
    PraiseTheBreadI
  • RadicalSniper99RadicalSniper992,032,166
    Posted on 20 February 22 at 01:25
    I'm the overseer on this one and can this update.

When we originally gave this WT out, the text of the WT had been completed. The writer had mentioned wanting to add images to make it feel more complete. That had not happened. I decided to continue to give time to see if they wanted to make changes.

While that did not happen, I will give it a read and determine if it is appropriate to post at this time. Hopefully it is, but we shall see.
  • Posted on 26 February 22 at 21:11
    If you need someone to do cleanup work on this let me know. My latest guide has been in review for the past week so I'm open to pitching in if needed.

(And if help isn't needed, let me know too and I'll start a new guide...)
  • Posted on 01 March 22 at 16:24
    Hi all,

As of this morning, I've been added as an editor of this guide. I did a very quick readthrough of what is currently there and I agree with the above -- the guide as-is is most likely in a publishable state in its current form.

Given the above, my plan is to play the game tomorrow night (Wed, Mar 2nd) and follow the guide step-by-step to make sure the guide is accurate (I'm not anticipating any issues here) and to see where a screenshot may add clarity to the guide, as the original author indicated. I'll post back here Thursday or Friday with an outline of the work needed, and hopefully execute that work over the next week or so.

The goal is to submit this guide to the walkthrough committee for publishing sometime late next week (obviously dependent on the playthrough outcome tomorrow). A late March publication (or at least a submission for final approval, don't want to speak to the workload the Walkthrough Team already has) is definitely an achievable goal, and a target I'm taking on.
  • Posted on 10 March 22 at 15:54
    Quick update for everyone --

I'm running a bit behind schedule. I've completed my updates/edits/fixes for the first four pages of the walkthrough and am now working on the final two chapters of the game. Along the way, I've taken multiple screenshots of the more detailed sections of the guide. Yet to do:

1.) Edits for the last two chapters
    2.) Twice run through the above edits for accuracy
    2.) Evaluate and insert images into the guide as needed (I took a lot of screenshots, not all may be needed)

I'm planning to finish this work up either tonight or tomorrow, so we may yet hit the target of submitting this guide for review by this week. I'll also leave a detailed guide to the changes I added here once I'm done in case there is questions about it or debate on the changes.
  • Posted on 11 March 22 at 06:54
    Another quick update --

All edits are done, and I ran through each section twice for accuracy. I made the following changes to the guide:

-- I moved the controls section from the Introduction to the General Hints and Tips section, to be more in line with the standards of other guides
    -- I sectioned off each achievement mentioned in the General Hints and Tips into their own area (with header) for clarity and readability
    -- Chapters one and two were almost entirely complete and correct, one one very minor error was corrected and some of the language was enhanced to be more descriptive (i.e., "Zoom out three times to see the apple" rather than "Zoom out to see the apple". I wound up doing this type of language change in each chapter.
    -- Cleaned up some of the achievement sections in Chapter 3, again for clarity
    -- Chapter four had a sequence error toward the end, so the end has been rewritten to correct this
    -- Chapter 5 was mostly correct, except "left" and "right" were often switched (I know I had this issue in my last guide). These small issues should all be corrected.
    -- CHapter 6 had a lot of repeat action, but I fleshed out each "Ball" section for clarity.

Only one step left -- sift through all my screenshots and add appropriate ones to the guide. Hopefully I'll finish this tomorrow (or Saturday at the latest) and the guide should be submitted by end of week.
  • Posted on 12 March 22 at 03:32
    cheers johanny
    Daniel Jackson/ultramarine360
  • Posted on 12 March 22 at 16:13, Edited on 12 March 22 at 16:13 by JohnnyInterfnk
    Images are in now in the guide. The guide has now officially been submitted for final review.

I took about 43 screenshots in total, but that many seemed to kill the flow of the guide, so I pared it down to about a dozen, specifically for areas with timed events where you want the screen in a particular configuration and the clock only allows for this to happen for a short window. A few also cover configurations that may be confusion on first playthrough (i.e., the magnet on top of the globe affecting the needle on the compass). Hopefully I struck the right balance between clarity, readability, and flow. Feel free to comment if you think additional images would make things easier for you, though I think in most places the original guide text covers things sufficiently.

Once published, if you have any suggestions or error reports, please reply to this message here so I can promptly address them.
  • Information
    Posted on 10 April 22 at 07:56
    The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: Gorogoa Walkthrough
  • Darzu84Darzu8489,597
    Posted on 21 April 22 at 19:09
    Hello,
    i hope it is right to post here, i had identified a few mistakes what should be corrected:

- on the page 4 there is the part with the text
    pan right back to the tower in Panel 4 and zoom into the window twice again. You'll now see a distillery-like apparatus on a shelf in the upper right corner.
    --> it should be pan left back to the tower in Panel 4 and zoom into the window twice again. You'll now see a distillery-like apparatus on a shelf in the upper right corner.
    - on the page 5 at the Ball 5 it is the part with the text
    Zoom in on the leftmost ball, separate the border into Panel 4
    --> it should be Zoom in on the rightmost ball, separate the border into Panel 4

i hope it helped.
  • Posted on 21 April 22 at 20:54
    Darzu84 said:
    Hello,
    i hope it is right to post here, i had identified a few mistakes what should be corrected:

- on the page 4 there is the part with the text
    pan right back to the tower in Panel 4 and zoom into the window twice again. You'll now see a distillery-like apparatus on a shelf in the upper right corner.
    --> it should be pan left back to the tower in Panel 4 and zoom into the window twice again. You'll now see a distillery-like apparatus on a shelf in the upper right corner.
    - on the page 5 at the Ball 5 it is the part with the text
    Zoom in on the leftmost ball, separate the border into Panel 4
    --> it should be Zoom in on the rightmost ball, separate the border into Panel 4

i hope it helped.
    Darzu84 -- this is definitely the place to post these fixes! I independently verified that both suggestions are correct and have just submitted the needed changes to the WT team. It should be corrected shortly. Thanks again for the help!
  • BigNasty2391BigNasty2391797,715
    Posted on 23 April 22 at 19:25
    Is there any guidance from the end of chapter 4? the boy doesnt do anything with the bowl, and then your guide starts chapter 5 and doesnt line up?
    did this method work? with the ranked versus casual?
  • Kiba Zolo 17Kiba Zolo 17389,196
    Posted on 24 April 22 at 21:18
    It seems like you got really lazy once you got to chapter 5. You stopped over explaining things (which is very necessary for a walkthrough.) You started mixing up panels (calling panel 2 panel 4 ect.) which happened way too many times. You even stopped specifying which panel to do certain actions on. These issues are really noticeable when there are achievements that require you to complete the game in a certain amount of time with a certain amount of moves. Essentially making this entire walkthrough useless.
  • Posted on 30 April 22 at 16:18
    BigNasty2391 said:
    Is there any guidance from the end of chapter 4? the boy doesnt do anything with the bowl, and then your guide starts chapter 5 and doesnt line up?
    I just played through Chapters 4 and 5 again following the guide to the letter, and everything worked properly and correctly. In your game, did the boy pick up the fruit after swapping panels at the very end of Chapter 4? If not, one of your steps was incorrect. If you can figure out which one, I'll make sure to expand that bit so others don't fall into that trap.

To be safe, I expanded the text a bit in general at the end of Chapter 4 and beginning of Chapter 5 to clarify the transitions a bit. That update should be out shortly.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.