Investigations Questions Forum

Question for the Investigations Team? Please remember to keep posts civil, abusive posts can result in loss of posting privileges. Posts in this forum can be read by anyone on the site. Please do not attempt to hijack a thread by posting information not relevant to the original post, start a new thread instead.

Any changes to policy possible?

AuthorMessage
Our Afflictions
Posted on 09 January 19 at 10:19
Mushy2008 said:
I wouldn't get too worked up about it man just use the % gamers unlocked feature for the achs to gauge how rare your achs are this site is redundant
laugh
RattleSnakePit3
Posted on 09 January 19 at 15:16, Edited on 09 January 19 at 15:52 by RattleSnakePit3
Our Afflictions said:
RattleSnakePit3 said:
I totally understand you bro .. I'm non-stat and I feel offended already ..
Also I have a lot of friends who are addicted to achievements, and don't want to sign up to the site after they knew what happened to me ..
I'm running out of patience .. and really disappointed
If your friends are cheaters as well then we don't want them here anyways

I'm guessing they don't actually {#}knew what happened to you{#}. You happened to yourself.
First They're not cheaters, and I'm not a cheater, If you're think so then it's your problem bro ..
Second they're afraid from the unforgiving rules here that will punish them for their past .. Things that they didn't even remember.

In my perspective I deserve a second chance, you can't see that it's ok no problem .. But don't bother us by calling us cheaters
Living Legends
Posted on 09 January 19 at 16:02
RattleSnakePit3 said:
Our Afflictions said:
RattleSnakePit3 said:
Also I have a lot of friends who are addicted to achievements, and don't want to sign up to the site after they knew what happened to me ..

I'm guessing they don't actually "knew what happened to you". You happened to yourself.
First They're not cheaters, and I'm not a cheater, If you're think so then it's your problem bro ..
Second they're afraid from the unforgiving rules here that will punish them for their past .. Things that they didn't even remember.

In my perspective I deserve a second chance, you can't see that it's ok no problem .. But don't bother us by calling us cheaters
And we have heard this before and then the IM slaps down the proof of how it was manipulated.

We don't think you are a cheater, we just know the GT you are using has been manipulated by a cheater.

No one has been stopped from making a second account but if you were eligible to be off of Non stat you would have been by now.

Or possibly there is a conspiracy to get people in reduced tracking.

Being afraid of rules because they did something just shows that they have something wrong with their profiles it Is easy to listen to somebody else's story and think it is true but we all know there was information missing
Posted on 09 January 19 at 17:56
If someone is afraid to sign up to the site because of the anti-cheating policy we have, perhaps its for the better for everyone involved. The only people afraid of a policy that is strict against cheaters are those that would be directly impacted by it; profiles that utilize gamesaves, profile editors, achievement unlockers and hex editors to name a few.

If you play your games without external modifications, there's nothing to fear at all.
RattleSnakePit3
Posted on 09 January 19 at 18:36, Edited on 09 January 19 at 18:37 by RattleSnakePit3
said:
If someone is afraid to sign up to the site because of the anti-cheating policy we have, perhaps its for the better for everyone involved. The only people afraid of a policy that is strict against cheaters are those that would be directly impacted by it; profiles that utilize gamesaves, profile editors, achievement unlockers and hex editors to name a few.

If you play your games without external modifications, there's nothing to fear at all.
I totally agree with you .. Rules are the rules in the end of the day.
But not all of people can start a new career at the time they discovered they got caught for something they mod, at least me can't do that at this time, Now I have responsibilities, family, plus I'm a gamer before I'm achievement hunter, so I won't repeat my career and leave the new games till it becomes old for the sake of getting back my place in the leaderboards
GsO Light
125,895 125,895 GamerScore
GsO Light
Posted on 09 January 19 at 20:50
Mushy2008 said:
I wouldn't get too worked up about it man just use the % gamers unlocked feature for the achs to gauge how rare your achs are this site is redundant
Yeah still plenty of ways to check the TA score for every achievement, you can find it in your achievements list and just about any stats page on here
Our Afflictions
Posted on 10 January 19 at 01:24
RattleSnakePit3 said:
Our Afflictions said:
RattleSnakePit3 said:

I'm guessing they don't actually {#}knew what happened to you{#}. You happened to yourself.

What exactly do you think caused you to get restricted scanning, if it isn't cheating?
RattleSnakePit3
Posted on 10 January 19 at 12:00, Edited on 10 January 19 at 12:02 by RattleSnakePit3
Our Afflictions said:
RattleSnakePit3 said:
Our Afflictions said:
RattleSnakePit3 said:

What exactly do you think caused you to get restricted scanning, if it isn't cheating?
Well I'm against the word itself "cheater" .. Anyone can put a definition to this word especially when it comes to cheating in video games, I can put a definition to it that anyone who boost multiplayer achievements is a cheater, another can say that getting brass ball achievement in a game like BioShock by using the exploit (play on easy and turn it to hard at the very end) is considering cheating, It's not a solid definition dude.
You call me cheater for doing something like this, something I did 1 year ago with lack of experience so I did it only once, so how the hell I'm cheater now in your perspective?
If I'm a cheater, I'd keep cheat and mod and never register here, but because I'm not and I'm guilty as hell for what I did I registered here.
The profile have few cheated achievements yes that's true, but the holder isn't a cheater .. What's the difference between who cheated in one game and was very lucky to have game removal, and who cheated in two games and was set to non-stat? same motive, same experience, only difference is who is more match the rules here in trueachievements
eayragt
eayragt
Posted on 10 January 19 at 19:24
^well, both are cheaters in your example. Are you arguing not to increase your tracking, but to decrease the tracking of other cheaters? You'd get much more support for that...
Say everything with a smile
GsO Light
GsO Light
Posted on 11 January 19 at 01:09, Edited on 11 January 19 at 01:09 by GsO Light
Like Rattle said, we have 2-3 games cheated, under perfect circumstances (200 to 300 games played) we would be eligible for game removal and not labelled as "cheaters" on here. At the end of the day the cheating was done in the same amount of games but TA doesn't see it that way roll
Our Afflictions
Posted on 11 January 19 at 04:00, Edited on 11 January 19 at 04:01 by Our Afflictions
GsO Light said:
Like Rattle said, we have 2-3 games cheated, under perfect circumstances (200 to 300 games played) we would be eligible for game removal and not labelled as {#}cheaters{#} on here. At the end of the day the cheating was done in the same amount of games but TA doesn't see it that way roll
If you cheat in 3 games out it 100 played, that's a smaller percentage of 3 games out of 300 or more. Personally I don't agree with game removal in general, you're a cheater and you have a cheated tag, you shouldn't be tracked.

Everyone in this thread with tracking restrictions seems to be quick to point a finger at TA and act like our rules are at fault instead of accepting the fact that you cheated somewhere along the line and that is not acceptable. If you want to be tracked, make a new account and start fresh. If you don't want to do that, the site isn't going to cater its rules to make you feel better.
Psychotic Sully
Posted on 11 January 19 at 06:14, Edited on 11 January 19 at 06:19 by Psychotic Sully
RattleSnakePit3 said:
Our Afflictions said:
RattleSnakePit3 said:
Our Afflictions said:
RattleSnakePit3 said:

Well I'm against the word itself {#}cheater{#} .. Anyone can put a definition to this word especially when it comes to cheating in video games, I can put a definition to it that anyone who boost multiplayer achievements is a cheater, another can say that getting brass ball achievement in a game like BioShock by using the exploit (play on easy and turn it to hard at the very end) is considering cheating, It's not a solid definition dude.
You call me cheater for doing something like this, something I did 1 year ago with lack of experience so I did it only once, so how the hell I'm cheater now in your perspective?
If I'm a cheater, I'd keep cheat and mod and never register here, but because I'm not and I'm guilty as hell for what I did I registered here.
The profile have few cheated achievements yes that's true, but the holder isn't a cheater .. What's the difference between who cheated in one game and was very lucky to have game removal, and who cheated in two games and was set to non-stat? same motive, same experience, only difference is who is more match the rules here in trueachievements
I really don’t understand why this is so difficult to understand.

You’re right about anyone putting a definition to the word “cheater” which in other words, views to what is considering cheating “whilst” and I’m saying “whilst” actually playing your games and I’ll make this very clear cut for you.

It doesn’t take a genius or in your words a “lack of experience” to understand that putting your account on a USB to modify your profile to tamper the achievements is morally wrong especially for this community as you didn’t earn your achievements physically at all and based on that action alone is considered fully cheating.

How can you justify modding your achievements via a usb is being lack of experienced?

You should know that it’s not a normal thing to do and that IS CHEATING. I’m only saying this to you as I see you have Crysis 2 online achievements earned offline only just 6-7 months ago and you’re talking as if it was a while ago when it wasn’t.

You say anyone who boost multiplayer achievements is considered a cheater well the difference is, they are actually working towards their achievement in the most legitimate way possible.

How can they get their achievements if no one plays the multiplayer anymore? The answer is through boosting which this website caters very well for in terms of sessions and finding other reliable members with double Xboxes etc.

Putting your account through a USB is a cheating act to do and you don’t need to be lack of experienced to understand or maybe even accept that....

Earning the achievements offline via a usb is cheating. I’m sorry I’m repeating myself but I really need you and others to understand that this type of act is not even considered at all legit and those who do this, shouldn’t be on the site at all to be honest.

The fact that Trueachievements gives you a chance for a game removel is by far the most generous thing I have seen. They always try their best to make it fair.

Also the exploit people use for Bioshock 1 hard difficulty is to make their play through as convenient as possible. No one and I mean no one will care if you pulled your hair out on something you could have done a lot easier. You’ll probably get like 5 minutes of fame of completing a hard game but that’s it and it’s not cheating at all.

You say it’s impossible to start a new gamertag because of family and responsibilities but may I ask how that is any relevant? Everyone has families and responsibilities but it doesn’t take an ounce amount of time to make fresh account again and play for fun because that is what we should look at it as.

I was considering making a new account primarily for Xbox One games as I really like the layout of the achievements. Why? Because it is a hobby at the end of the day. If you say that putting 150 hours of Battlefield 1 was too much which kind of is, then you probably didn’t enjoy what you was doing and need to reconsider your perception of achievements again.

Yes as crazy as it sounds, I actually enjoy boosting. Why? Because at the end of the day I am earning my achievements to what many would say is cheating but I call it earning them in the most legitimate way possible as I explained earlier.

The only thing you’re doing whilst boosting is probably affecting the online casual gamers but 9 times out of 10, they’re so thrilled with excitement that they don’t even notice or sometimes even care at all. So game developers like EA do reset your progress for assignments on games like Battlefield 4 but that’s if you don’t rent a server or don’t read their rules properly to cause a reset. There’s ways to overcome this and still “earn” your achievements in a legit fashion.

Achievements are meant to be earnt and not through a mod application and then try guilt drop the community because we don’t cater for your needs.

It’s just never ever going to happen and we will continue saying this to any other horizon users or whatever other mod applications there is out there....
Su
Our Afflictions
Posted on 11 January 19 at 07:48, Edited on 11 January 19 at 07:49 by Our Afflictions
Another thing to add, boosting and using in game exploits aren't considered cheating because its using functions that are built into the game. Using third party software and tampering with your tag on a USB and an achievement unlocker on a PC are obviously very different. If you try to justify one with the other, you're honestly an idiot.
GsO Light
GsO Light
Posted on 11 January 19 at 07:54
Boosting is very much considered cheating by every game developer out there, obviously we all do it for the sake of achievements.. but boosting is by no means playing the game "fair and legit", there's a reason you can report boosters and they get their stats reset / banned from multiplayer.
Our Afflictions
Posted on 11 January 19 at 08:57
GsO Light said:
Boosting is very much considered cheating by every game developer out there, obviously we all do it for the sake of achievements.. but boosting is by no means playing the game {#}fair and legit{#}, there's a reason you can report boosters and they get their stats reset / banned from multiplayer.
Not by every game developer. Some, yeah, especially in newer games. This isn't against Microsoft TOS and not against the site rules though as it doesnt feature any 3rd party software or manipulation. Keep trying to justify your cheating though.
Arran R W
Arran R W
Posted on 11 January 19 at 09:34
I agree. There should be change in policy. No game removal option at all. Game removal has always been questionable exactly for what most of you have specified. How can you have a policy based on some people "cheating more" than others? It should be clear cut. Cheated / Not cheated. Yes / No. Then there's no arguments like these! Sometimes simpler is better.
Posted on 11 January 19 at 18:16, Edited on 11 January 19 at 18:17 by the Investigations Manager
Thank you for your input everyone. As stated previously, there are no policy changes being debated.

This thread has served its purpose and can be locked when a mod passes by please.